• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 651,408
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Everything about that article annoys me really :lol:

I have always hated the word "Foreign" tbh.

That’s why I give Arsène Wenger a lot of credit for trying to drop him when Pardew was at West Ham.

akhil

It's almost as if Juve can't afford the ridiculous asking price the club have put on Laca.

Is 40-45 million really that ridiculous for a striker in this market? There are barely any strikers out in 24-28 age range that are very good right now except Kane and he won't move for less than a nine figure fee. Nobody who's proved anything is worth less than 60 million.
You have some very young super talents but they are all at big clubs already, Mbappe, Haaland, maybe Greenwood.

Supply and demand should work in the striker market too. Probably why a bunch of teams are still gambling with past it strikers who were once good.

Replacing Lacazette with a younger player for us is a big gamble for us as well. That risk should be accounted for in the price.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Is 40-45 million really that ridiculous for a striker in this market? There are barely any strikers out in 24-28 age range that are very good right now except Kane and he won't move for less than a nine figure fee. Nobody who's proved anything is worth less than 60 million.
You have some very young super talents but they are all at big clubs already, Mbappe, Haaland, maybe Greenwood.

Supply and demand should work in the striker market too. Probably why a bunch of teams are still gambling with past it strikers who were once good.

Replacing Lacazette with a younger player for us is a big gamble for us as well. That risk should be accounted for in the price.
Juventus are broke and Lacazette isn't worth £40m based on last season.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Thiago for 20 Million is the best transfer I've heard of in years.

How did we not go for him?

So what exactly makes you think Thiago wants Arsenal over Liverpool currently? He just won UCL.

We have zero chance of such players now unless they're 110% Arsenal fans and/or we pay huge wages for them.

Next people wonder why didn't we go for Alaba when he goes to some top 5 club in the world.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Thiago for 20 Million is the best transfer I've heard of in years.

How did we not go for him?

Don't take this as opposition fan being a ****. He's coming to win the League. That way he would have won a title in all 3 major leagues.

Arsenal are improving but he's not going to go from where he is now to the Europa League or something that's a project.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Dunno think I might reappraise my prediction for who'll win the league, I was pretty sure City will win it, now i'm not saying Liverpool are firm favourites but it's much closer now, maybe 50-50. They just have a ridiculously good first XI, you could argue they have 7 world class players in there: Alisson, TAA, VVD, Robertson, Thiago, Salah and Mane.

It still seems very improbable to me that they can keep their best players fit for a third season in a row playing at high intensity, but if they can then I guess it's theirs to lose.

Manberg

Predator
Why is Thiago going to Liverpool for such a cheap fee? Surely world class midfielders should be upwards of £50m.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Dunno think I might reappraise my prediction for who'll win the league, I was pretty sure City will win it, now i'm not saying Liverpool are firm favourites but it's much closer now, maybe 50-50. They just have a ridiculously good first XI, you could argue they have 7 world class players in there: Alisson, TAA, VVD, Robertson, Thiago, Salah and Mane.

It still seems very improbable to me that they can keep their best players fit for a third season in a row playing at high intensity, but if they can then I guess it's theirs to lose.

Yeah the only thing that stops them this year is burnout I reckon.

They’ve got a lot of miles on the clock from the last two years so really the likes of Minamino and Ox will have to step up more than they have previously.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Why is Thiago going to Liverpool for such a cheap fee? Surely world class midfielders should be upwards of £50m.

Only a year left on the contract, refused to extend, only wanted to join Liverpool, Bayern think they got ample successors in Goretzka and Tolisso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom