• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,589
Status
Not open for further replies.

chessygoal

Never heard of Aouar operating from the right side of CM, his main heatmap is in the LW area, same side as Xhaka.

wyvo387l41f9ofw4g.jpg

A lot of people scoffed when it was mentioned that he could get game time at LW, with Auba moving to CF, I do see that.

But the only way he truly becomes effective for me is on the left of a midfield 3, with ElNeny covering behind :rofl: (obviously I mean Partey)
Aouar is a really smart player, he played in his first season as a Left Winger and as a DLP. It won't be an issue for him to play next to Xhaka on the right side of our midfield.
But I'd like to see us go back to the Wenger way of having a playmaker as a left winger. And Aouar/Saka/Willian would be perfect for that.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

130M including wages shouldn't be problem for us if Kroenke just f**king help a little. hopefully we get rid of Torreira and Kola it'll make both deals less complicated.
Unfortunately that cheap bastard will not put in a penny of his own money. So forget that that option. God, I really hate our cheapskate of an owner. Wades in money but will under no circumstances invest anything into the club. That **** buying us was the worst thing that could happen.

skeetbag

I think the idea is to have several players who can play multiple roles at a high level. Aouar, Ceballos, Willian, Auba, Tierney, AMN and Saka can all do different things for the team depending on who else is in the team and who we're playing.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Starting to realize and process that it is probably never really the target of our club to sign both.

Will have to come to terms with the fact that we will continue to lack athletismn in the centre ..

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You’ve literally seen us post saucy players wearing outfits that look nothing like this. Hope the likes were worth it. ****.

Anyone who liked that post is clearly a bootcut wearing nobjockey.

Embarrassing someone like @say yes is rinsing us for wears.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Also, very big news today regarding this.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
They’ve got more chance of getting the money for Aouar and Depay than getting €30m for Adelaide in this market.

Makavelii

Sold him for like 2M in 2018 lol and that would be his second 25M+ transfer in two windows.

So much for Wengers hard work on youth. That's happened a few times that we developed a player, sold them for cheap - and then a couple years later they're worth multi millions.
Makes me lose faith in our youth strategy.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There many teams many teams interested in jeff Hertha Berlin last team want him. Not sure about 30m euros fee

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I must be the only Arsenal fan who hasn't been quite bothered about Jeff leaving..
He would be decent to have right now, just to improve the technical level at the club but I don't think we're regretting selling him on just yet. It was a bit of an L financially though.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

So much for Wengers hard work on youth. That's happened a few times that we developed a player, sold them for cheap - and then a couple years later they're worth multi millions.
Makes me lose faith in our youth strategy.
I will get slaughtered for mentioning Ajax but it’s relevant here. 1 thing they have started doing lately is giving a share of the profit off a loaned player to the club that had him on loan.

For example Botman who was bought by Lille from Ajax was on loan at Heerenveen last season. As an incentive to play him, and play him right, Ajax gave Heerenveen a share in Botman and when he was sold for about 10M to lille Heerenveen received 10%. So they had a good player on loan and added cash on top of that. And Ajax got a nice amount for a player that never played for the first team. Win-win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom