• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 651,448
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Too much money for rotating player. if they getting 9M fro guy i never heard of then we are doing right asking 15M for Bolagun.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Crazy how fast negotiations can actually be

Yeah when you're rich.

They get £20m more from Nike than we do Adidas. £20m more for their sleeve sponsor (western union ended agreement so I'd guess new deal will be even bigger). They won the CL (£75 million more than us) and the League (£10m more than us)

Winning really does pay both in prize money and sponsors

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Don't get me wrong Jota and Thiago especially are great signings for Liverpool.

But Liverpool have worked themselves into a great position in the last 4-5 transfer windows, where now they can just garnish their squad with a player like Jota for depth and attract a world class player like Thiago who wanted to only go there because of their current status in the game.
They've done the hard work in the transfer market in previous years, now they're just reaping the dividends.

Liverpool's squad is having a bit of plastic surgery to pretty it up, we're in the middle of triple heart bypass surgery.

Hopefully in 3 years we'll be a similar position to them.

Last edited:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

But Liverpool have worked themselves into a great position in the last 4-5 transfer windows, where now they can just garnish their squad with a player like Jota for depth and attract a world class player like Thiago who wanted to only go there because of their current status in the game.
They've done the hard work in the transfer market in previous years, now they're just reaping the dividends.

Hopefully in 3 years we'll be a similar position here.
I think it'll be 2 years.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Liverpool's squad is having a bit of plastic surgery to pretty it up, we're in the middle of triple heart bypass surgery.

Hopefully in 3 years we'll be a similar position to them.

I think that's certainly the plan with Auba spearheading that 3 year plan.

Obviously we want to get one or two more in this window. But next summer is a massive one. 50M off the wage bill this summer and next summer combined. Özil, Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis will 100% be gone due to contracts running out. So automatically you free up space in the squad and cash. If we can get CL next season its going to be huge.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think that's certainly the plan with Auba spearheading that 3 year plan.

Obviously we want to get one or two more in this window. But next summer is a massive one. 50M off the wage bill this summer and next summer combined. Özil, Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis will 100% be gone due to contracts running out. So automatically you free up space in the squad and cash. If we can get CL next season its going to be huge.

Mate, I think even you might struggle to keep up with all our transfer business /rumours next summer ;) It's going to be a busy one!

TornadoTed

Established Member
One of those everyone's a winner transfers.

Great deal for Wolves, Jota is very inconsistent and currently their 4th choice forward and to get £45 m for him is a great price. The Wolves fans seem to be like we were when Ox went to Liverpool, a little disappointed to lose him but not really bothered which is a pretty good indicator.

I think it's an OK deal for Liverpool too, he is better than their current 4th/5th choice forward so strengthens their squad a little. If you are Jota, better to be on the bench for the Premier League champions than on the bench for Wolves and I'm sure he will get a nice pay rise.

Last edited:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm a little jealous of the Jota deal. Would've imagined he'd be a bit more expensive.

Would have liked him here.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm a little jealous of the Jota deal. Would've imagined he'd be a bit more expensive.

Would have liked him here.

Unplayable on his day but inconsistent. I don't think he is better than Auba, Laca, Pepe or Willian, would be 5th choice here in my opinion so not jealous in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom