• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 943,246
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has this been here? I really think we should first get this guy. Much better value for money, Partey 5 years older & has to go to ACN.

We have Xhaka & Ceballos already who can play the more defensive roles.

Aouar would build on our French-speaking core in a great way, attracting more French players later.

Like I said, Aouar has that star sparkle and potential to match. Not too bad experience either at that age.

Arteta wants someone that can win the midfield battles and bring the ball out from midfield.
I think Arsenal needs Partey a lot more than Aouar but Aouar is brilliant to watch and I want him in my team so I agree we should get him

Also we dont have anyone in our team that can do what Partey would bring, for creativity we have Willian now but honestly if we are going to stick with 3 at the back this season then we can get by not signing partey and just signing Aouar.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Arteta wants someone that can win the midfield battles and bring the ball out from midfield.
I think Arsenal needs Partey a lot more than Aouar but Aouar is brilliant to watch and I want him in my team so I agree we should get him

Also we dont have anyone in our team that can do what Partey would bring, for creativity we have Willian now but honestly if we are going to stick with 3 at the back this season then we can get by not signing partey and just signing Aouar.

Agree basically on everything. It will be interesting to see which route Arteta decides to go.

Or if we happen to have money to buy both in the end.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Read a blog article the other day that identified Aouar's key quality has the ability to turn on the ball. Obviously that's not his only quality or the only quality you need in a midfield, but take a look at a guy like Thiago or the greats like Iniesta, one of their most effective weapons was the ability to receive the ball and quickly turn 180 degrees and push forward.

If you can do that you can beat a press, you can take an opposition player out of the game, you can instantly shift momentum of play. If you can then consistently add a final ball in addition to the turn you've got yourself a game-changer.

Not to underplay Partey's qualities, and there's no definitive right answer, I'd just personally prefer to watch a guy like Aouar in our team.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

They’re both so different. Partey gets you more points over a season though for me.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
:lol:

Ahh, the imaginary "personal agreement" line...

giphy.gif

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Has this been here? I really think we should first get this guy. Much better value for money, Partey 5 years older & has to go to ACN.

Aouar would build on our French-speaking core in a great way, attracting more French players later.

Like I said, Aouar has that star sparkle and potential to match. Not too bad experience either at that age.

A little addition. It's so obvious. French colours combined in the shirts too.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

That's a neat video. Something that stands out when you see him turn with the ball, dribble and evade pressure isn't just that he can keep possession and advance play, it's that it tires out the opponent.

It's a small thing, but if you're an opposition defender or midfielder and you're making sprints to win a ball from Aouar that you can't get, eventually you either expend your energy or you stop making the sprint and you give him room to use the ball uncontested.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'd like to see that as right but I highly doubt thats true, I'd barely think we've got the budget & if we do I've always thought Arteta would go for Partey first, we need Partey before Aouar aswell.

Ashybashy86

I'd like to see that as right but I highly doubt thats true, I'd barely think we've got the budget & if we do I've always thought Arteta would go for Partey first, we need Partey before Aouar aswell.
If we really are going for both, going for Partey first could potentially weaken our negotiations for Aouar. Aulas will probably think we have more money to spend than we're letting on.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If we really are going for both, going for Partey first could potentially weaken our negotiations for Aouar. Aulas will probably think we have more money to spend than we're letting on.

Or if we land Partey, we are no longer desperate for a new midfielder, so could tell Lyon to keep their disgruntled star. Could work in our favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom