• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

:rofl: Nothing like the same thing. Reaching or what?! Look, you’re trying your best to make a case for it being ok... What’s the point if it’s only for the sake opposing? It’s disingenuous.

Hows it different? Genuinely confused.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Won’t even bother highlighting why the two cases are worlds apart ffs. I’ll give some time for reflection instead :lol:

musoke

I don’t know but I like to consider the impact on future prospects joining our team and some might have reservations about joining a club with a manager who is not flexible enough.

Just a thought.
So potential Arsenal targets would look at Özil vs Arsenal situation and think twice before joining?

Sorry but this is wishful thinking on the Özil fans part.

Players don’t think about anything else but themselves. It’s all about money.

Auba is not going to refuse a contract extension just because Özil is being frozen out.

Partey, Gabriele, Willian, Aouar, etc will never look at Özil’s situation before signing for Arsenal. All they will look at is the managers interest in them, how much wages you are going to pay them, what are your plans as a club etc.. And Özil being frozen out should be a positive thing for any player looking to join Arsenal right now. It shows that we are once again a serious club. And that hard work, the will to fight and win is what is expected from any potential signing. Work hard, get rewarded with good wages, first team football and a chance to win trophies.

What is there to complain about?

The only players that should be worried about the Özil freeze are the same kind. We definitely don’t want that type anymore at our Club. So tired of that kind of player. Weak and poor mentality / attitude.

No thank you.

Kav

Established Member
So potential Arsenal targets would look at Özil vs Arsenal situation and think twice before joining?

Sorry but this is wishful thinking on the Özil fans part.

Players don’t think about anything else but themselves. It’s all about money.

Auba is not going to refuse a contract extension just because Özil is being frozen out.

Partey, Gabriele, Willian, Aouar, etc will never look at Özil’s situation before signing for Arsenal. All they will look at is the managers interest in them, how much wages you are going to pay them, what are your plans as a club etc.. And Özil being frozen out should be a positive thing for any player looking to join Arsenal right now. It shows that we are once again a serious club. And that hard work, the will to fight and win is what is expected from any potential signing. Work hard, get rewarded with good wages, first team football and a chance to win trophies.

What is there to complain about?

The only players that should be worried about the Özil freeze are the same kind. We definitely don’t want that type anymore at our Club. So tired of that kind of player. Weak and poor mentality / attitude.

No thank you.

First of all you need to tone down the rhetoric and the assumptions ,you are only making yourself look foolish by assuming that I am an Özil fan from my comment.

Secondly i am not saying that some should look atthe situation and think twice about joining, I am saying that SOME WILL.

You mentioning Auba is irrelevant to the essence of my post.

Your post about hard work is also irrelevant. It isn't only about working hard, it is about systems and qualities, what qualities that a player possess that allows him to contribute to a manager's system or tactical plan. Not all players are suited to a coaches game plan and no matter how hard they work they will not feature because they don't have the qualities that the manager desires , for example, Sokratis works hard but is not very good at passing. Does it mean they are not good players? no, it just means they are not suited to that manager.

For the sake of clarity, future signings will look at how arteta has handled the Özil situation to assess how he deals with conflict with players. They will judge his flexibility and response to situations. All players know they have to fight for their place and are usually prepared to compete. What players are concerned about is if they feature in a manager's plan. So if they look and see that Arteta refuses to budge on an issue they will know there is a very high chance they don't get to play unless he favours them. This is symptomatic of all manager - player relations but when taken to an extreme will make some players reluctant to commit to a team where they are unsure if they will have the manager's backing.

In short, players know they won't always get it right but want to know that if they mess up they can get a opportunity to fix things. Arteta freezing out Özil and Guendouzi does suggest a certain my way or the high way quality about him (I'm not against it or for it),but we have to consider that modern players are rather sensitive millennials who take things to a different level and require allot of reassurances these days.

This is the essence of my discussion.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Do you think on Monaco Mania they’re crying their eyes out when Fabregas tweets pictures of him wearing one of his old teams shirts?

Probably not. But I don’t think anyone’s crying their eyes out either. Just calling it out for what it is.

Players generally only do that if it’s a repost or marking an event of some significance for that club such as Torreira with Sampdoria’s club anniversary. Or Auba wish an ex Dortmund friend happy birthday. Not some random cryptic quote.

No biggie - but you have a better chance of getting away with something like that if you’re actually doing something on the pitch.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Tbf, you could always read his tweet as him saying that he will eventually get back into the team and to his best, right now its just not in his hands. Its up to Mikel to trust him.

Isn't he back training?

Reactions: Kav

vantoure

Lol nah..not me anyways I see the humour. It’s cheeky however you want to spin it.

Like correctly said nobody died - but the thing with Özil is even if he rocked up in a Sp**s shirt, you can guarantee someone somewhere will try justify it, absolve him of all responsibility- or make him a victim somehow.

I kinda just wanna see him play now - or not hear about him.
you can say the same of the other side too. he could turn up in the next match with 3 assists and 2 goals an the usuals will say meh.
It's tribal now, and you can't blame those that defend him if they feel he cops blames unnecessarily.

Anyways, I think he would have been useful in this match. Drab stuff in midfield. Can't understand how he doesn't even make the bench - clear indication to me that it isn't just about the football

vantoure

He can't because Arteta isn't moving away from his 3-4-3 no matter how much fans want him to. We simply have no room in our tactics for Özil, unless he is willing to be a winger.
This makes sense, I imagine the 343 is not a particularly good fit.

I believe that he should be making the bench in the minimum though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
you can say the same of the other side too. he could turn up in the next match with 3 assists and 2 goals an the usuals will say meh.
Nope. Pure hyperbole. Nobody gets that said about contributions like that.

Laca scored the opener today and people are still rightfully pointing out how disastrous his overall performance was--me included--and I like the player. In the past, an assist--be it a 89th minute corner--was all it took for Özil fans to crow about how he done his job, and any criticism about his overall contribution, or lack of, would be shouted down.

Hopefully we sign a couple players and we see the back of the circus once and for all. He's just not worth the bother or the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom