• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I might try to punch Özil & Xhaka if I ever see them just because of their stans:mad:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
The only good thing is that he got a nice little break to focus on family. Its rare for a footballer. Most of the bums like emery and raul have been cleared out, and he has only a few more months of this to get through. After what santi, kos, ramsey, emi faced, he shouldnt expect too much sense from the board.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil story is finished. In 3 months he can talk to other clubs, a few months later he’s free to leave.

Bigger issue for me now is the handling of Guendouzi and Pepe.
Yeah, can't be many clubs who don't start their most expensive player, don't even have on the bench their highest salaried player or one of their most promising players. It's an incredible waste of millions the club doesn't really have. Total incompetence by the board, Arteta caught in the middle of this ongoing saga.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The only good thing is that he got a nice little break to focus on family. Its rare for a footballer. Most of the bums like emery and raul have been cleared out, and he has only a few more months of this to get through. After what santi, kos, ramsey, emi faced, he shouldnt expect too much sense from the board.

I was thinking exactly the opposite the other day :lol: . If you are being kept away from your raison d'être, if a Machiavellian plot is not allowing you to engage in the love of your life since you were a small boy, then it is quite possible you will take out that frustration on the nearest and dearest around you!

kash2

I was thinking exactly the opposite the other day :lol: . If you are being kept away from your raison d'être, if a Machiavellian plot is not allowing you to engage in the love of your life since you were a small boy, then it is quite possible you will take out that frustration on the nearest and dearest around you!
yeah...but thats you ... your mind naturally turns to frustration and bitterness.

kash2

someone on Twitter said Özil gets £150K for each game played, on top of a basic £200K pw, and if true that would certainly explain why he is not playing, and won't

yeah...that kind of is the best explanation..which explains the club doing what it is doing ... and fits in with the nature of the board. Too bad the weasels cant man up and say it clearly. It probably was a clause to insure them against injuries, which they are using to try and freeze him out. Tough though to starve out a person on 200K a week.

vantoure

I’m eager to see Özil believe it or not but I disagree there. Özil started, we lose this game.

Teams and matches like these is why Özil just doesn’t work.
Özil didn't have to start, but look how we struggled to create anything meaningful in the 2nd half. I believe if it was purely for football reasons, then he would at least be on the bench to give the manager another option for the difficulties of the 2nd half.

I'm also not convinced how you reached the conclusion that the team would have lost if he started. historical evidence (at least for home matches) say otherwise

vantoure

Nope. Pure hyperbole. Nobody gets that said about contributions like that.

Laca scored the opener today and people are still rightfully pointing out how disastrous his overall performance was--me included--and I like the player. In the past, an assist--be it a 89th minute corner--was all it took for Özil fans to crow about how he done his job, and any criticism about his overall contribution, or lack of, would be shouted down.

Hopefully we sign a couple players and we see the back of the circus once and for all. He's just not worth the bother or the money.
I may have exaggerated a little :lol:, but that scenario is not as far fetched as it sounds. We already have certain posters ridiculing his assists in his best season saying they were mostly simple passes :facepalm:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah, can't be many clubs who don't start their most expensive player, don't even have on the bench their highest salaried player or one of their most promising players. It's an incredible waste of millions the club doesn't really have. Total incompetence by the board, Arteta caught in the middle of this ongoing saga.
Honestly, what is it that’s behind this?

Özil is out of favour for whatever reason, and the team are doing well.

Pepe is our most expensive player who was signed under a different manager. He’s not starting because the guy you say you back, prefers a great player in Willian at the moment over him. He’s still in the squads and he’s still getting minutes.

Why are you and GDeep desperately trying to create something here?

Both are the managers choice. It’s clearly got nothing to do with the board. What’s eating you? Just spit it out ffs!

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
someone on Twitter said Özil gets £150K for each game played, on top of a basic £200K pw, and if true that would certainly explain why he is not playing, and won't
this is bad business for Arsenal, if true. if he keeps playing, he will sell more tshirts. wages are not an issue if Arsenal want to play him.

He's basically a free player for them because he makes it up with tshirt sales.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I may have exaggerated a little :lol:, but that scenario is not as far fetched as it sounds. We already have certain posters ridiculing his assists in his best season saying they were mostly simple passes :facepalm:
Everything gets analysed. Too much is made of assists ‘records’ anyway—and goes for all of them. I think it’s fair game that people highlight a fair portion of them were set pieces. His general play was far more important that year and players will contribute far more with fewer assists. The thing is with assists is if you base your whole game around just been able to get into a position to give the ball to somebody who can put it in the net and neglect everything else, you’ll get the assists but it comes at the expense of a lot of other facets of the game. And there lies the rub.

vantoure

Everything gets analysed. Too much is made of assists ‘records’ anyway—and goes for all of them. I think it’s fair game that people highlight a fair portion of them were set pieces. His general play was far more important that year and players will contribute far more with fewer assists. The thing is with assists is if you base your whole game around just been able to get into a position to give the ball to somebody who can put it in the net and neglect everything else, you’ll get the assists but it comes at the expense of a lot of other facets of the game.
But that's the point right?
The player is who he is at this point, we know what he offers and where he's not so strong. I've been on board with the idea that 343 does not suit him much, which is fair.
What is not fair though, and surely anyone without bias can see is that not having him as an option at all is not just about football or tactics anymore.
Already we can chalk off a few false narratives:
1. That he doesn't train well - Arteta himself said otherwise recently
2. That he's a bad influence - evidence from his team mates show otherwise
Even the argument that he doesn't work hard enough or track back has been shown not to be quite true looking has his running numbers.

I know everyone is just guessing here, I can bet though that the Özil matter is not just footballing, ability or attitude-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom