• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Hope we get rid of some dross and sign Aouar this week.

I really can't understand why we don't have a proper midfield signing two weeks into the season.

Kolasinac (€9m) Martinez (€22m) Mustafi (€10m) Chambers (€10m) -> Partey / Aouar (€50m)

That would be a great week. Hopefully we also manage to sell Torreira and find some money to put towards the other.

Given our dreadful midfield performances the last two weeks I hope we start with Aouar.

Ashybashy86

Would've gotten Zaha for 40m early on in the window where they basically admitted that he's insisting on a move.

Actually, as much as I like Reiss, I'd have been ready to sacrefice him now to move on to get this deal done.

Now that CP has had a great start to the season and Zaha kinda recovered mentally, performing at his usual best, his price and the whole situation looks just like last year again.
I think he puts in a TR this time if we actually do want him. Palace won't want a sulking Zaha for the rest of the season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I still think Laca could easily go to somewhere like PSG in the next two weeks.

Zaha is homegrown and I'd love him here. But it is down to Laca leaving.

Wryer

I would love us to get a loan or cheeky bid at the end of the window for Giroud-type striker.

Of course that is contingent to us clearing enough deadwood, but I think there's room for that. Our striking options, while abundant, doesn't quite have the diversity of options.

You might think I'm crazy but I would have taken a shot at Andy Carroll at the right wages. :lol: or Dzeko. Of course both are no longer available.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If there's one window where you don't go overboard hating on the higher ups, it's this one. This window is an anomaly. I'm willing to cut the club some slack.

Hopefully we are still able to bring in a good midfielder, I think we will.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The next 2 weeks will be stressful fun panicking meltdown in same time.seem we leaving everything late

Uncle Good-Advice

I'm getting more and more convinced that we shouldn't expect any major incomings this year (or maybe one at best). Perhaps it's for the better?

It may be frustrating but we're in the middle of economical crisis and it's quite possible that it will last at least until next summer with much longer financial repercussions. Lot of clubs will suffer much bigger losses than they already did and therefore their demands for their players would be significantly lower as they would be desperately trying to stay afloat.

It's debatable whether we should take a gamble and try to save money now and use it for next summer but at least we should take it into consideration. Clubs that are buying now will be stuck with bloated contracts for at least few years in a new economical environment where nobody will take those players if they flop (we have this problem already). That will result in further drop in players' prices next year because of a lower demand.

Regardless of my optimism that we can and should challenge for the top spot, our goal is to go back to CL. We had a promising start pointwise, a manager who seems to know what he's doing and few players on a verge of a breakout year. That could work, this is crazy season, for exsmple no fans mean easier away games which used to be our Achilles' heel.

What do you think? Wouldn't it be wise to save money now and wait for a better long-term deals next year?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm getting more and more convinced that we shouldn't expect any major incomings this year (or maybe one at best). Perhaps it's for the better?

It may be frustrating but we're in the middle of economical crisis and it's quite possible that it will last at least until next summer with much longer financial repercussions. Lot of clubs will suffer much bigger losses than they already did and therefore their demands for their players would be significantly lower as they would be desperately trying to stay afloat.

It's debatable whether we should take a gamble and try to save money now and use it for next summer but at least we should take it into consideration. Clubs that are buying now will be stuck with bloated contracts for at least few years in a new economical environment where nobody will take those players if they flop (we have this problem already). That will result in further drop in players' prices next year because of a lower demand.

Regardless of my optimism that we can and should challenge for the top spot, our goal is to go back to CL. We had a promising start pointwise, a manager who seems to know what he's doing and few players on a verge of a breakout year. That could work, this is crazy season, for exsmple no fans mean easier away games which used to be our Achilles' heel.

What do you think? Wouldn't it be wise to save money now and wait for a better long-term deals next year?

This is what Arteta was talking about. Do you take the risk and spend the funds now to achieve CL football? Which ultimately then levels out the spending due to extra revenue from so many different areas which CL footy brings. Commercially, TV wise everything just rises significantly with CL football.

I personally believe if you were to spend money on Partey and Aouar this summer you only really have to buy one or two players next summer to keep the squad ticking over. Saliba will be coming into the side, 30M a year will be slashed from the wage bill.

You take advantage of this summer, despite how hard things are financially to ultimately reap the rewards in the long run.

Look at United, look at Chelsea... Chelsea will take the season to just gel as a team, plus Lampard isn't amazing as a coach. United are an absolute shambles with a poor manager. We need to take advantage of this to make CL football this season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seeing Zaha still in market and nobody want him if we did sort out the midfield we should offer Palace a loan deal plus obligation to buy and Nelson or ESR go to Crystal palace. Crazy stuff but Zaha still in market.

TheIceman85

Seeing Zaha still in market and nobody want him if we did sort out the midfield we should offer Palace a loan deal plus obligation to buy and Nelson or ESR go to Crystal palace. Crazy stuff but Zaha still in market.

But where would he play?
Auba is nailed-down AML.
Willian / Pepe competing for AMR.
Then we have Saka / Nelson providing squad options.

Hope you’re not going to suggest playing Auba through the middle. Which has never and will never happen under Arteta.

I like Wilf and think he’s earned another chance at a bigger club but i don’t think we have space for him, and certainly don’t need to be stacking-up in positions when we have weaknesses elsewhere.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
But where would he play?
Auba is nailed-down AML.
Willian / Pepe competing for AMR.
Then we have Saka / Nelson providing squad options.

Hope you’re not going to suggest playing Auba through the middle. Which has never and will never happen under Arteta.

I like Wilf and think he’s earned another chance at a bigger club but i don’t think we have space for him, and certainly don’t need to be stacking-up in positions when we have weaknesses elsewhere.

I think Auba will start playing through the middle towards the end of his 3 year deal, maybe even next season.

Uncle Good-Advice

Look at United, look at Chelsea... Chelsea will take the season to just gel as a team, plus Lampard isn't amazing as a coach. United are an absolute shambles with a poor manager. We need to take advantage of this to make CL football this season.
I agree. But their problems may also strengthen the temptation to not spend and try to achieve CL with what we currently have. Then we go really big next year and set up for few good years. Maybe that's why we're waiting until the end of the window, to see how things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom