• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
This is the club board that pushed out mkhi, Elneny, ramsey, santi, Özil and almost Xhaka.. while fawning over torreira and gandoozi.. they recently sold emi while keeping Leno .. what’s the point in trying to find logic.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I was thinking he may be embarrassed to be playing reserve football every week after the career he has had...but you're probably right, don't think anything would make him leave this season really.
Could backfire on the club if he lights it up in the reserves. I mean looking at the last 2 games, we’re crying out for Özil I’ll say, off the bench.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Could backfire on the club if he lights it up in the reserves. I mean looking at the last 2 games, we’re crying out for Özil I’ll say, off the bench.
The problem vs west ham was not creativity. The problem was that our midfield was getting overrun and yet you wanted us to play Özil.

The only way Özil gets into this team if he can play as a WB/CM or as a winger.

Besides if Özil had played on Saturday, we probably we would lost the midfield battle completely.

Why can't you all understand that Özil doesn't fit this current team.

Let me ask you a question.

What role do you see Özil playing in this present team?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I was thinking he may be embarrassed to be playing reserve football every week after the career he has had...but you're probably right, don't think anything would make him leave this season really.
If he was going to leave, he'd have left already. It's 18m/PA is just too juicy to leave.

He could easily get MLS gig after this season if no top European club come in for him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mesut has had some very good games under Arsène, on the right of a 3-4-3.

Ones that come to mind are the 2017 FA Cup final, where he ran Kante ragged as per...and that Sp**s game where that sports writer said no Arsenal player would get in a combined eleven with Tottenham...we beat them connivingly, Özil was man of the match and our twitter admin tweeted that hilarious gif of Mes drinking coffee :lol:

Think G is right though...he's being dropped so the club don't have to pay him the appearances fee bonuses in his contract, they are trying to save as much money as they can from this situation.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Mesut has had some very good games under Arsène, on the right of a 3-4-3.

Ones that come to mind are the 2017 FA Cup final, where he ran Kante ragged as per...and that Sp**s game where that sports writer said no Arsenal player would get in a combined eleven with Tottenham...we beat them connivingly, Özil was man of the match and our twitter admin tweeted that hilarious gif of Mes drinking coffee :lol:

Think G is right though...he's being dropped so the club don't have to pay him the appearances fee bonuses in his contract, they are trying to save as much money as they can from this situation.
That is because Arteta uses actual wide men in his 3-4-3 flanking the CF. Auba has the left side locked down. So Özil would have to be competing with Willian and Pepe for that right spot. Wenger Had no such problem. He used Ramsey in the wing at times. But Arteta is very particular about what he wants.

Özil was dropped after Arteta adopted he 3-4-3 formation.
Özil won't improve this team. If Özil comes in, we'll have to play a system that caters for Özil which might hold back the team.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The problem vs west ham was not creativity. The problem was that our midfield was getting overrun and yet you wanted us to play Özil.

The only way Özil gets into this team if he can play as a WB/CM or as a winger.

Besides if Özil had played on Saturday, we probably we would lost the midfield battle completely.

Why can't you all understand that Özil doesn't fit this current team.

Let me ask you a question.

What role do you see Özil playing in this present team?
I wonder what you would do when Özil leaves.

Take a break or something, dude. I mean, there are so many other players who are worse than him.

Riou

If Özil comes in, we'll have to play a system that caters for Özil which might hold back the team.

True, all we can do now is appreciate all the good times that Mesut has brought this club now...like the 4 FA Cups since he arrived ;)

Riou

My 100% verified source at the club told me that Mesut had Sead attack Matt Smith after the final against Chelsea and steal his medal (a medal that Smith ironically stole himself) in order to give it to Özil.

So yes, Mes does have 4 winners medals.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Football without Özil is a poor game TBH

Get used to it cause the era where players like Özil can thrive is ancient history. The era of creativity is over. If you don't like it then find another sport to watch, cause that's the direction this sport is heading.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Get used to it cause the era where players like Özil can thrive is ancient history. The era of creativity is over. If you don't like it then find another sport to watch, cause that's the direction this sport is heading.

damn...is that you Unai? sorry about Gandouzi deserting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom