• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Reiss Nelson (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Think he needs a loan now that Willian is part of the squad. Got Pepe, Willian, Saka and Auba (Martinelli when fit) to cover the wings.

Would be cool if he could go to an attacking side in the PL.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Hes a fantastic player that just needs a run of games to show how much damage he can do to the opposition. Reminds me of Zaha in a lot of ways and hopefully can become as good as soon enough. Think hes too good for championship and would be far better off in the premiership. Leaving him go to a sh*t club would only piss him off I reckon like we did with Gnabry.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Would Fullham be a good fit for him @MutableEarth ?

They’re shocking out wide. Kabano, Kamara and Dercodova-Reid have no business being in the PL.

Parker likes to play a sh*thouse low block and pump it into Mitrovic but the wingers are so bad they’re going to struggle to do it.

If Nelson’s crossing and control is even slightly decent he’d start every game but it’s a high pressure situation.

SK Lation

Had a loan to the Bundesliga where he could score some goals but didn't show anything special and couldn't add much to Hoffenheims' game. Lost his place in their starting eleven rightly so. I was more than surprised that he was part of our squad as a result last season.
In my opinion he won't make it here but they could give him one last loan to gain confidence and prove himself. Tbh I don't care if we loan or sell.

Willian, Pepe, Auba, Saka, Martinelli should be enough to cover both wings.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Would Fullham be a good fit for him @MutableEarth ?
I think he'd probably get the most minutes there from any other PL team - whether that translates to a good fit I'm not sure. They really need a spark in the final 3rd and it's somewhere that Nelson could get regular minutes and become an important piece of their attack.

I'd really like him at Brighton. Think Palace have got their attack somewhat sorted so there's less need for Nelson there. Brighton on the other hand play some really good football and just need a player like Nelson IMO who can score goals and help knit their attack together potentially.

Fulham/Brighton are the two main teams I'd be looking to send him to.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hes a fantastic player that just needs a run of games to show how much damage he can do to the opposition. Reminds me of Zaha in a lot of ways and hopefully can become as good as soon enough. Think hes too good for championship and would be far better off in the premiership. Leaving him go to a sh*t club would only piss him off I reckon like we did with Gnabry.

I think we'll learn more about him in the PL aswell but I'm not against a Championship loan. What's more important is that he plays very often.
They’re shocking out wide. Kabano, Kamara and Dercodova-Reid have no business being in the PL.

Parker likes to play a sh*thouse low block and pump it into Mitrovic but the wingers are so bad they’re going to struggle to do it.

If Nelson’s crossing and control is even slightly decent he’d start every game but it’s a high pressure situation.

Yeah, Fulham are in really bad shape in the final 3rd. The rest of their team is pretty decent but they only really have Mitrovic. I can see Reiss starting regularly for them but I don't know how well he'll fit in their set-up.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think we'll learn more about him in the PL aswell but I'm not against a Championship loan. What's more important is that he plays very often.

Yeah, Fulham are in really bad shape in the final 3rd. The rest of their team is pretty decent but they only really have Mitrovic. I can see Reiss starting regularly for them but I don't know how well he'll fit in their set-up.

If he went there it’d be stay wide, run your man down the touchline and whip it in. Not much freedom :lol:

Such an ugly team, they use Onomah as a Fellaini-esque battering ram in attacking midfield.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I like Fulham, some solid midfielders with terrible wide options and defenders. Think Reiss would see a lot of the ball there and there's always Mitrovic to target in the box.
Brighton is a bit too physical, don't think Reiss would enjoy it that much

Ciscoo

Like others, I just don’t see the point in a loan outside the PL.

I’d be surprised if he didn’t start for Sheffield either. They’re desperate for goals- and Reiss has a knack for scoring even when he’s not playing so well.

senna

Had a loan to the Bundesliga where he could score some goals but didn't show anything special and couldn't add much to Hoffenheims' game. Lost his place in their starting eleven rightly so. I was more than surprised that he was part of our squad as a result last season.
In my opinion he won't make it here but they could give him one last loan to gain confidence and prove himself. Tbh I don't care if we loan or sell.

Willian, Pepe, Auba, Saka, Martinelli should be enough to cover both wings.

Think he got injured at Hoffenheim & then couldnt fully get back in the team. Shame as he could have kicked on there, like th esuggestion of Brighton, maybe he could get a link going with Lamptey down the right and we can get Lamptey in the future, with both those being our future right side.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Brighton playing with wingbacks and without wingers, aren't they?
Was just going to write this. There’s no natural position for him there, except AM where Trossard is playing and I don’t think he’d get the nod over him.

Same with Sheffield, 3–5-2 with three physical CM’s and two forwards.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Fulham might actually be good. Or maybe Villa, but it would as RW there. See no other PL team that would be a good move.

I’d rather see him go to the Championship to prove himself in an attacking team like maybe Brentford

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think he'd probably get the most minutes there from any other PL team - whether that translates to a good fit I'm not sure. They really need a spark in the final 3rd and it's somewhere that Nelson could get regular minutes and become an important piece of their attack.

I'd really like him at Brighton. Think Palace have got their attack somewhat sorted so there's less need for Nelson there. Brighton on the other hand play some really good football and just need a player like Nelson IMO who can score goals and help knit their attack together potentially.

Fulham/Brighton are the two main teams I'd be looking to send him to.

Only problem with Brighton is that Potter’s gone with a back 3 this season to get the most of Lamptey bombing down the right and also because they have so many CBs.

I wouldn’t want him playing wing back again like he did at times with Hoffenheim. The other option for me would be Southampton.

Hassenhuttl is a good, attacking manager, they play a 4-4-2 with wingers pushed higher and are key to their attack. Also very little competition seen as they only have Boufal, Armstrong and Djenepo for competition.

Would also consider West Brom as well as they could play him other side of Diangana and Perreira could be good for him.

For me it’s:
1) Southampton
2) Fulham
3) West Brom

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fulham might actually be good. Or maybe Villa, but it would as RW there. See no other PL team that would be a good move.

I’d rather see him go to the Championship to prove himself in an attacking team like maybe Brentford

I thought Villa but Grealish is at his best on the left and they’ve just spent big on Traore for the other flank so doubt he’d break in there.

Newcastle another club who look settled with Saint-Maximin and Fraser.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Only problem with Brighton is that Potter’s gone with a back 3 this season to get the most of Lamptey bombing down the right and also because they have so many CBs.

I wouldn’t want him playing wing back again like he did at times with Hoffenheim. The other option for me would be Southampton.

Hassenhuttl is a good, attacking manager, they play a 4-4-2 with wingers pushed higher and are key to their attack. Also very little competition seen as they only have Boufal, Armstrong and Djenepo for competition.

Would also consider West Brom as well as they could play him other side of Diangana and Perreira could be good for him.

For me it’s:
1) Southampton
2) Fulham
3) West Brom
I'd love a Southampton move in theory but Boufal's quite good though and Armstrong is a regular so I'd worry about game time there. I want him to get as much minutes as possible so Fulham seems like the best bet as they have the weakest set of attackers bar Mitrovic. With Brighton, I assume he'd play as one of the forwards as he did at Hoffenheim from time to time. His best role is as a #10/second striker rather than a chalk-on-boots RW so that would definitely suit him if they were to use him in that way. Ideally he'd play LW otherwise - I don't really think using him as a RW is the best use of him.

How did West Brom set-up with Diangana and Pereira? If both of them played wide, could play Nelson #10 there or move Pereira central and put Nelson in one of the wide positions. Lot of interesting ways this could work, but we have to be really discerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom