• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Runarsson: Huffing and Puffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhil

What if he's average height for a keeper but has long arms and above average hand size? Wouldn't that matter more than just height? If they have a long legs and a short torso, you're center of gravity is higher which will make it harder for you to pivot and hit the ground faster. Aren't these kind of physical factors more important than just height if you're above a passable height.

If you look at the NFL combine, they measure these kind of traits based on the position you play in.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The only situation where height can be a noticeable advantage is during claiming crosses or catching/punching loose balls up in the air. And if that was a really important thing Matt Macey would've been our No.1 keeper. But he's not. Being good with your feet, being a good shot stopper in 1 v 1 situations, being able to play as sweeper keeper, combined are the definitive requirements for a more modern goalkeeper.

Jason Jace

The only situation where height can be a noticeable advantage is during claiming crosses or catching/punching loose balls up in the air. And if that was a really important thing Matt Macey would've been our No.1 keeper. But he's not. Being good with your feet, being a good shot stopper in 1 v 1 situations, being able to play as sweeper keeper, combined are the definitive requirements for a more modern goalkeeper.
Spot on,
Having Good technique is what makes a good keeper not being a giant

I can even go as far as saying being too tall makes you slow as footballer( which includes goal keepers)

Pyres7

Oh yes, because a midfielder will do you a lot of good when Leno is out injured and you have Iceland's #2 in your goal.

Why is Arsenal so desperate for 15 Million that it will shoot itself in the foot to reheel its boots? Aren't we owned by a fecking Billionaire!
As a short term solution yeah. Or would you rather have two good keepers and not strengthen our midfield?

If we had money we would have signed one a long time ago. The first team is the priority, if we sign Aouar/Partey it's a great window.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta

short keepers matter!

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I strongly disagree, espcially in the PL where many teams still use crosses and set pieces a lot. Of course it`s important to have a goalkeeper that can take pressure off the defenders when you are being bombarded with crosses away to Burnley or Sheffild United. A lot of defenders will tell you so. Of course there are excellent goalkeepers that are not that big but most of the really good GKs in the PL the last 15-20 years have been very tall. Seaman, Van Der Sar, Cech, De Gea (until recently),Allison and P Scheimchel were all at least 191cm or taller.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Watching him for the first time tonight and while Iceland doesn't play out of the back and he wasn't tested too much I have to say: I'm impressed.

Especially his distribution was excellent, found his man on nearly every occasion in some very good positions. Is also not afraid to take responsibility and direct his defense.

And not that everything was perfect or this was remotely the most challenging game (Belgium looks one of the worst I've ever seen them in recent times tbh), but I would lie if I wasn't more confident in him as our number 2 after tonight than I was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom