• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 658,811
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
But they are broke.
You can always keep spending, regardless of having debt, but whats the point? It just spirals out of control. Taking out a loan of £175M and adding it to their stadium debt (which was more than they expected) is a brave move if they get top 4, but a ****ing stupid one if they dont.

They are not broke. They obviously have debt but also decent cash balance otherwise they wouldn't be able to spend as much as they have.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

AM have been telling me that Sp**s are broke, in debt, etc for years.

Not sure why they have told you that for years, but the stadium cost ~£850 million (at least double than was planned) and I can tell you they didn't buy it with cash.

Every loan has an interest rate, and a plan in which it will be paid back. So the covid situation was not taken into account in the payment plan (no income from the stadium), and that has surely screwed them.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Not sure why they have told you that for years, but the stadium cost ~£850 million (at least double than was planned) and I can tell you they didn't buy it with cash.

Every loan has an interest rate, and a plan in which it will be paid back. So the covid situation was not taken into account in the payment plan (no income from the stadium), and that has surely screwed them.
From the outside it does look risky.

Lets hope it goes tits up for them. With Mourinho there it sure looks like it will happen.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So Nelson Semedo goes to Wolves for 35m euro. I wonder if Arsenal put the brakes on the AMN to Wolves transfer or if Wolves themselves just preferred Semedo. If it's the former then we've got to hope that AMN really contributes on the pitch this season, cos that's 30-35m euro not available to spend on improving other areas of the team.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

My very basic and superficial understanding of their situation is that, like us, they relied heavily on loans to build their stadium. The difference is that theirs was double the price and over budget, but in fact their rates on their loans are much lower.

So in the immediate aftermath of the Emirates we were kinda hamstrung by paying back the loans, whereas their interest rates are so low that it's not such a burden on their transfer activity.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Patricio
Semedo - Boly - Coady - Saiss - Marcal/Vinagre
Moutinho - Neves
Adama - Jiminez - Podence
Pretty poor depth in my opinion but they're certainly a threat for the top 6 places with that starting 11. No European football this year either.

Keplaz

So Nelson Semedo goes to Wolves for 35m euro. I wonder if Arsenal put the brakes on the AMN to Wolves transfer or if Wolves themselves just preferred Semedo. If it's the former then we've got to hope that AMN really contributes on the pitch this season, cos that's 30-35m euro not available to spend on improving other areas of the team.
They now have at least 11 Portuguese players around the first team. 6 of those are starters. I wonder how many are represented by Jorge Mendes.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

My very basic and superficial understanding of their situation is that, like us, they relied heavily on loans to build their stadium. The difference is that theirs was double the price and over budget, but in fact their rates on their loans are much lower.

So in the immediate aftermath of the Emirates we were kinda hamstrung by paying back the loans, whereas their interest rates are so low that it's not such a burden on their transfer activity.

Yeah, but still their stadium cost over double than ours and it was not planned to. And the total cost will affect the total interest.

Also they got something like ~175 million additional loan, and I would think they wouldn't take it for no reason.

We didn't have empty stadiums for possibly a year either.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Isnt HG rules relevant for that club?

As long as they don't have over 17 non HG players it isn't an issue. They don't need to include HG's they'll just have a very very small squad.

If you look on their website their squad is tiny. Not sure that is a good thing for this season though, one of the reasons why they could struggle especially if they get any Covid cases.

Malky

Established Member

£850M for the stadium, didn't realise it was as steep as that :eek: plus an extra £175M loan is mental - unless they've got a crazy low rate, the intrest alone could be eye watering, especially with zero income coming from the actual stadium for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom