• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Future

MAK

I'd like to add a different perspective on the current Arsenal side. They are undoubtably the best England has to offer as a club side today and whether they achieve greatness is something only time will tell. The manner in which they achieve victories is pleasing to eye and is worthy of some of the superlatives being thrown around.

This team has been together for a few years and in fact only Vieira and Bergkamp are likely starters from the 99 side that lost to United a Villa with Keown and Parlour on the bench. This side has grown together and shows tremendous understanding of one another both on and off the pitch.

What has intrigued me most about this side is the fact for the first time during Wengers reign there is a succession plan that Le Boss genuinely believes in. It reminds me of the United side that won the Double in 94, runners up in Cup & League in 95 and did the Double again in 96. Then at their peak we saw them replaced by a new generation that took United to the ultimate prize of the Treble in 99.

I see something similar happening at Highbury right now. A few of the current crop are reaching the peak in the next few years. I see replacements in place with the likes of Taylor, Stack, Hoyte, Senderos, Cesc, Aliadiere, Clichy, Bentley, Papadopolus, Karbassiyon and of course Reyes.

I believe that Wenger might just have engineered the power shift he spoke of 2 years ago.

Mark

Established Member
You have a good point there. Good youngsters is very important for a big club, and I think we have some great prospects here, hopefully they will live up to their potential and grow to be as world class as the likes of Beckham, Giggs, Scholes. I certainly think they could be better. Clichy, Bentley and Ali certainly look very good prospects at the moment.

OZGunner

MAK said:
I believe that Wenger might just have engineered the power shift he spoke of 2 years ago.

I agree now, I cringed a bit at the time, but I reservedly agree, however the last time the manx won nothing we all know what happened the next season.

Personally I do have trouble questioning the heart of a champion (soon to be ex-champion :lol: )

But I think their side is severley deficient in Midfield no replacement for Beckham, not enough defenders.

Aussie

Established Member
If we did win the league last season when we should of it would have been two years in a row. This year we should win it and that would have made it 3 years in a row. Then the shift in Power would have been complete.

Mark

Established Member
We will win it this year and hopefully get the FA Cup too and go far in the CL, maybe even win that. That would give us lots of money to improve the squad and we could hopefully go on to win it against next year, but let's focus on this season first.

seanconvey66

If we dominate next year u can say the power shift is complete. Weve never won back to back prems so how can we have shifted the balance, we need to win it this year, then next and we can start tlking abt it. We aint proved nothing yet, still got 2 long months for things to change!

tox

If we had won the Pl last year, i doubt that we would have remained unbeaten in the premiership this year. It will be very interesting to see how the players react IF the do go on to win the double or triple. I think its right to say that back to back premiership wins would mean a power shift in the permiership.

beaney

Aussie said:
If we did win the league last season when we should of it would have been two years in a row. This year we should win it and that would have made it 3 years in a row. Then the shift in Power would have been complete.

i agree totally.

we SHOULD have won it last year, we SHOULD win it this year. and of course we won it in 2002.

We HAVE been the best team in England for the last 3 years, but weve let ourselves down.

Lets hope it doesnt happen again this year...........

A.Hussain

the fact that the youngsters are playing together for such a long time will bring the telepathic understanding into the first team as well

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We will win it this year and hopefully get the FA Cup too and go far in the CL, maybe even win that. That would give us lots of money to improve the squad and we could hopefully go on to win it against next year, but let's focus on this season first.
Mind you we don't need a lot of improving as well. Maybe if we do win it all we will have a chance of getting Joaquin. One can only dream

sean

this current side has a minumum of 3 years bar perhaps berkamp .

lehamn perhaps but the ages of the rest will mean they will all be within there prime.

31 is nothing nowdays.

kNiteMare

pires is 31 alrdy. He will be slowing down in the next few years. But he will still be as good until 33,4 i think, so that makes 2 years.

sean

kNiteMare said:
pires is 31 alrdy. He will be slowing down in the next few years. But he will still be as good until 33,4 i think, so that makes 2 years.

as long as he stays free of injurys he will be fine.
the only differnce it makes is you need a warm down and a massage and when you wake up in the morning your achilles are so stiff and painfull you walk like a penguin for 30 secs until they ease up.

but all footballers get that anyway , i could barley get to the khazzi my legs were so sore the morning after a game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom