• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Like I said in the other thread, why would we spend any money on a guy who cost Chelsea 57 million euros two years ago and has contract until 2023?

In addition he is too much like Xhaka, and slow. And I don't like him at all.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I'm not sure what the definition of unathletic here is. Xhaka is slow, but not sure how unathletic.

He has engine and some muscles too?
Are we talking about Mr. X or Mr. J? If X then yes, he is not particularly athletic. If you with athletic mean mobile, quick, can turn easily, fast etc. Regards to J I couldn’t really say as cannot recall him from games...

drippin

Are we talking about Mr. X or Mr. J? If X then yes, he is not particularly athletic. If you with athletic mean mobile, quick, can turn easily, fast etc. Regards to J I couldn’t really say as cannot recall him from games...

I meant that "athletic" should also mean having stamina/engine & having a frame with muscles, not being bullied.

Xhaka has those qualities so not sure how he can be described as "unathletic". And that is why I wonder what is meant by that word here.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I for one wouldnt be surprised, actually, when you think about it hard, you could find a very interesting idea we could go by if this roumor happens. if it happens, I will explain it

drippin

But, but, but he has a slow speeding rating on Fifa!

Are you saying he isn't slow because of those stats? :lol:

It just makes no sense to use any money on him. Would cost similar as Partey and we have needed his type for ages.

If we sold Xhaka, then I understand this more. But Jorginho is right-footed also.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Are you saying he isn't slow because of those stats? :lol:

It just makes no sense to use any money on him. Would cost similar as Partey and we have needed his type for ages.

If we sold Xhaka, then I understand this more. But Jorginho is right-footed also.

I am saying he's very good player despite not having pace but half this forum are dismissing his qualities due to his lack of pace.

drippin

AM's obsession with quick, powerhouse CMs is absurd.
Almost all of the topclass CMs are usually on the slower side.
Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Pirlo, Xabi, Santi, Zidane, Busquets, Scholes, Carrick, Gerrard, Arteta and many more.
Vieira is the exception not the rule.

So you would play Xhaka & Jorginho with a back line of four? Or what are you suggesting?

The problem with back line of 4 we have had for a long time is that none of our midfielders has been even remotely fast. We have been destroyed on counter attacks.

I'm not dismissing his qualities based on lack of pace, but just saying that we have Xhaka already for this position and we need money for Aouar and/or Partey, which would offer something we lack.

Another issue is not having a great ball carrier in the middle.

This guy will cost north of 50 million, I'd think even more because we are rivals to Chelsea.

Xhaka has contract until 2023 and has been good under Arteta.

Last edited:

Kysus

So you would play Xhaka & Jorginho with a back line of four? Or what are you suggesting?

The problem with back line of 4 we have had for a long time is that none of our midfielders has been even remotely fast. We have been destroyed on counter attacks.

I'm not dismissing his qualities based on lack of pace, but just saying that we have Xhaka already for this position and we need money for Aouar and/or Partey, which would offer something we lack.

Another issue is not having a great ball carrier in the middle.

This guy will cost north of 50 million, I'd think even more because we are rivals to Chelsea.

Xhaka has contract until 2023 and has been good under Arteta.

That you need a quick CM powerhouse to defend against counters is an AM myth.

The most dominant Barca team had a snail midfield of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets.
Man City for many years dominanted without a quick DM to cover.

Defending against counters is all about pressing as an unit, positioning and intelligent fouling early.
Xhaka only has been found out in recent seasons because we did not function as a team and the caps were huge all over the pitch.

TheIceman85

Give me Pirlo, Alonso, Barry,Arteta, Kroos, Modric, Schweinsteiger, Pep, Deschamps, Redondo, Verratti, Xhaka and Jorginho over the likes of Partey, Wanyama, Flamini, Parker, Coquelin, Ndombele, Sissoko, Fred and Byakao any day.

Not quite sure how Barry gets himself on that list but I agree with the overall point you’re trying to make!

drippin

That you need a quick CM powerhouse to defend against counters is an AM myth.

The most dominant Barca team had a snail midfield of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets.
Man City for many years dominanted without a quick DM to cover.

Defending against counters is all about pressing as an unit, positioning and intelligent fouling early.
Xhaka only has been found out in recent seasons because we did not function as a team and the caps were huge all over the pitch.

Well, Xavi & Iniesta weren't exactly the slowest players until late years. You can have one slow midfielder as a guide-line.

If you think speed in defending against counters doesn't matter, let's forget that argument, makes no sense to try to convince you. Eventhough it is pretty obvious how that helps.

What about ball carrying, taking on the man to get fast attack? Jorginho & Xhaka at it?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
imagine going deep to this BS rumor Chelsea would ask 35-40M to sell him a player that have similar ability to most of our midfield. don't believe anything you read skysport say that and haven't backed up by any decent journalist out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom