• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Really wanted him to get an assist or score in this match. Team needs to be more clinical cause whenever Saka is on the pitch, he'll be creating at least 2 legit goal-scoring opportunities. Imagine the damage we can do with Partey, Auoar and Saka in the same midfield.

2 pre-assists are a pretty good return. Especially since he made both assists easy decisions.

He’ll get quicker. He’s not yet grown into his body. When he does he’ll be a monster. It’s imperative that we have at least 2 of Willian, Saka and Pepe on the pitch, which is one of the reasons why I bang on about moving Auba back central where he’s just as deadly but in doing so allows us to add an extra creative outlet (which is required given the limitations of our midfield).
I agree. I think they should sell Laca, shift Auba to the middle and have Nketiah and Martinelli deputise for him. The wings can be left for Saka, Martinelli, Willian, Pepe and Aouar.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I agree. I think they should sell Laca, shift Auba to the middle and have Nketiah and Martinelli deputise for him. The wings can be left for Saka, Martinelli, Willian, Pepe and Aouar.

Preach brother! Our attacking threat goes up at least 30% without sacrificing anything defensively.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Saka is easily the most technically gifted whale end youngster. Shooting with both feet, dribbling, weight of pass of pass, vision, body shape when receiving. None of them touch him. He has a first team number for a reason
Will have to disagree there, Nelson has him with the dribbling and shooting, and ESR looks like the best ball carrier. First touch is a toss up between Nelson and ESR as well IMO.

Saka seems to have the best weak foot, decision making and passing though. @MutableEarth what do you think?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Will have to disagree there, Nelson has him with the dribbling and shooting, and ESR looks like the best ball carrier. First touch is a toss up between Nelson and ESR as well IMO.

Saka seems to have the best weak foot, decision making and passing though. @MutableEarth what do you think?

Nelson has him on shooting? How exactly? Based on small under 23 pitches vs sub standard keepers? Saka has scored a first time volley with his left foot, displayed accuracy from the edge of the box with both feet and smashed one in from the left with his left foot. He has also hit the bar with his right. He has displayed a high level of technical shooting in the Premier League and Europa.

Dribbling? Nelson has displayed good close control and solid play. Line breaking dribbles and one on one take ons easily go to Saka.

Nelson is talented in tight spaces, but if you are looking at actual displays va good opposition, Saka has the mentality and the technical ability in abundance. ESR has good ball carrying, but he hasn't displayed it in the Premier League yet.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

It's close between them. Saka in his maiden U18 season was excellent technically and could generate good power in his ball striking. I think he has more power in his running which helps his dribbling massively. I have Nelson ahead in terms of close control and accuracy, while Saka has greater power. Both players have tremendous end product potential, Saka demonstrating this already. Can't really call it between the two of them, but I reckon most people familiar with both players would lean towards Nelson. That said, I think it's a finely poised argument and Saka could easily be seen as the more technical going off of what he's been able to achieve in first team football in comparison to Nelson who, while talented, has yet to have sustained demonstration of his ability - technical or otherwise.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nelson has him on shooting? How exactly? Based on small under 23 pitches vs sub standard keepers? Saka has scored a first time volley with his left foot, displayed accuracy from the edge of the box with both feet and smashed one in from the left with his left foot. He has also hit the bar with his right. He has displayed a high level of technical shooting in the Premier League and Europa.

Dribbling? Nelson has displayed good close control and solid play. Line breaking dribbles and one on one take ons easily go to Saka.

Nelson is talented in tight spaces, but if you are looking at actual displays va good opposition, Saka has the mentality and the technical ability in abundance. ESR has good ball carrying, but he hasn't displayed it in the Premier League yet.
Assessing who is the most technically gifted is about what a player is capable of not what they've managed to demonstrate in the Premier League. Everything that ESR showed in the championship shouldn't be ignored, nor should the ability that Nelson has shown at u23 level.

That is a pretty limited way to judge prospects.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

ESR looks pretty inconsistent with his touches. He has some Ramsey in him. Sometimes can pull off some real nice touches, but other times look pretty sloppy. Nelson to me has the best first touch out of everyone on the team not named Özil.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Speculation on my part but it seems Arteta favours experience when push comes to shove.

Saka, Eddie, Saliba, Nelson, Willock, have not featured as much as I expected. Obviously not all will get a sniff but Saka’s omission has been surprising, especially with all the wahallah with his extension.

Lacazette, Elneny and Willian have been preferred so far.
Kolasinac was picked ahead of Saka when Tierney had a knock against West Ham.
Gabriel was dropped against Pool despite a good showing in our two opening games.

I dunno, it’s a bit weird.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Speculation on my part but it seems Arteta favours experience when push comes to shove.

Saka, Eddie, Saliba, Nelson, Willock, have not featured as much as I expected. Obviously not all will get a sniff but Saka’s omission has been surprising, especially with all the wahallah with his extension.

Lacazette, Elneny and Willian have been preferred so far.
Kolasinac was picked ahead of Saka when Tierney had a knock against West Ham.
Gabriel was dropped against Pool despite a good showing in our two opening games.

I dunno, it’s a bit weird.

I think Arteta is just trying to protect the youngsters. Cause there is a bigger chance for their confidence to be shot if they play and struggle to make an impact. Veteran players will be able to compartmentalize those experiences better. I think he has managed them well, especially Saka. Although you could argue that Saka probably should be given a chance to start on Sunday against Sheffield rather than play in the league cup on Thursday against Liverpool.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can’t remember the last time we had two players in an England squad.

Ox and Theo I’m guessing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom