• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I was offered a ticket that afternoon (I was at uni in Leeds at the time and had a mate who’d met some geezer with connections at the bar of the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool) but didn't go because I had a company law exam the following Monday - and the train over there took almost as long as the one to London.

What an idiot.

I also turned down a ticket for Live Aid a few years previously, on the day and because i was “tired”, so had some previous in this respect.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Toughest game of the season, glad we are going into it with some confidence. I do think Liverpool will win 2-1, but we will put up a good fight.

Hopefully KT is back. I think there is a decision to be made between Luiz/Gabriel and Lacazette/Eddie.

Would like to see Gabriel play as he needs to experience of games like these, but do think he may go with Luiz for the experience.

I think we will need mobility up front, so would go with Eddie initially then bring Lacazette on if we need to.

Ainsley at LWB over Saka for me to make us a bit more solid defensivley.

So I'd go:

Leno
Holding Gabriel KT
Bellerin Ceballos Xhaka AMN
Willian Eddie Auba

Keep it tight for as long as possible, then bring on Pepe/Saka/Lacazette to hopefully change the game in our favour.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Leno
Holding Luiz Gabriel
Bellerin Ceballos Xhaka Tierney
Willian Lacazette Aubameyang

Subs: AMN, Saliba, Elneny, Nelson, Pepe, Saka, Nketiah.

Will be a tricky game of course and I’ve no doubt I won’t enjoy much of it. But, we have a plan, we have a top class manager, and we have some top class players.

Really keen to see what Tierney can to at LWB. He’s good going forward and will do his usual job defensively to a high standard. Thiago is a doubt for this one, Henderson is ruled out, so Dani and Xhaka have a chance to get on the ball and have a real influence.

Willian has previous at Anfield, as does Auba for Dortmund. Those pair and Laca can hurt Liverpool. It’s gonna be tough but we can do it. Massive test for Gabriel of course but if he can do it here, we’ve got a star on our hands.

COYG!!!

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Tierney available whilst Henderson plus potentially Allison and Thiago missing for Liverpool. If we're ever going to end the drought at Anfield then this is the time to do it.

North West

We started the season well but this is going to be really tough. I think a draw at Anfield would be a very positive result. What I really hope is to that we don't start dropping points against sides such as Sheffield United, Brighton, WBA...

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Rather Thiago plays than Wijnaldum tbh, last time around we couldn't get near him, put in an incredible performance.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I wonder if MA has ever thought about when playing a 343 formation, in the backline trying 3 proper CB's then he can squeeze Tierney out wide as the LWB where he goes well instead of always playing him as the 3rd CB. He may even be able to try playing Auba centrally & have Saka/Willian on the left.

Leno
Holding Luiz Gabriel
Bellerin Ceballos Xhaka Tierney
Pepe Auba Saka/Willian

Pyres7

They'll dominate our midfield whether Thiago plays or not. Would have been better if one of their front 3 was out.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We haven't the personnel to control the midfield but hope Arteta has a system that will negate Liverpool and allow us to create chances. I'd be more confident if we had Partey but I go into this not wondering how many we'll lose by for the first time in ages. I'm sure Alisson and Thiago will be fit and we just have to be ready for them. COYG.

AD1998

Tough match against one of top 2 or 3 sides in world. Let’s hope rumors of no Thiago are true, he’s the best 6 in the premier league and the world. I think if he plays, he will utterly dominate the midfield and unlock our disciplined back 5.

I’d like to see Tierney as left center back with AMN doing a job on Salah at lwb. I think our system works best with Tierney turning into a lb in attack and AMN becoming a third midfielder. Also think that’s why Arteta has started Kola even though he is awful.

Hopefully Ceballos finds fitness and form, as he was not very good last week. Will need him to link play and help break press once or twice to relieve pressure (man Partey would be so nice to have playing the b2b role). Laca needs to start in this one for his hold up play, in my opinion. Willian will start as well, he’s industry in tracking back is needed to help with Mane and Trent on that right side.

They have looked vulnerable a bit at the back, though thiago will help shore that up if he plays. I expect us to have chances, and Auba will grab a goal,

Klopp has a chip on his shoulder vs Arteta now, and has seen our system twice now. He’s an elite manager and I expect an adjustment. I reckon we lose this one, but that’s ok. I want to see passion and fight and tactical fortitude from the boys. A draw would be a great result as well.

COYG!

Trofton

Really bugs me when we start with Lacazette in these games he’s tired in the first 15 mins start with Saka in his place and Auba in the middle or Eddie central’s and Auba left Willian right

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm viewing this as a free game to be honest. It's not a fixture that's going to affect whether we get top 4 or not. Most teams are going to come away from Anfield empty handed this season, they have an exceptional side.

I think we do have half a chance of taking some points away though.
If we do lose relatively comfortably I'm expecting some people on here to say we need to sign 5 new players before the window closes to be top 4 competitive :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Considering everything that's happened this weekend I'm fully expecting us to be the first time in yonks to win at Anfield tomorrow :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What I love about us at the moment is that we have been capable of pulling Atleti like performances against opposition better than us.

Hope this level of quality and concentration continues tomorrow, with a hard fought win at Anfield. Do that and we would prove to ourselves that we could have a strong season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom