• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2020/2021: 10th is the new 8th

Where will we finish?

• Champions

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • Top 4

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Below the Top 4

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters

Jason Jace

A life without hope is not worth living

Arsenal for the league

If we win then I get to have my "I told you so moment"
If we finish 10th well then, it's not the end of the world

But at least have hope

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I am on such a high at the moment with our club, Auba just signed da ting, we have won the FA and Community Shield. We are sitting the top of the league with our new signings playing great in our first game where we even got a clean sheet away to a newly promoted team. I know I need to stay grounded, which, I am doing my best to do so, however, it is hard not to be excited for this season. I FIRMLY believe we will finish 4th this season because I believe in US - BUT - we will have a few hiccups, however, with Arteta at the helm I am confident he will not let us drop down the table.

COME ON GUNNERS! LET'S MAKE THIS SEASON A SUCCESS!

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Currently 4th.
If we sign one of Aouar/Partey - 3rd
If we sign both - decent shot at title but mostly 2nd.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Its like supporting Arsenal during the 2009-2014 days. We're great, every one of our players is great until we lose a game.
The great thing about that era was we usually bounced back with avengeance and the negativity dissipated without too much dwelling. Then we entered the phase where we couldn’t.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Everton have a couple of issues that won't see them near the top 4 over the whole season.

They're defensively very poor. Mina reminds me of a poor version of Matip, which in itself isn't great. And of course Pickford is probably the weakest keeper in the top half of the table.

They have no depth. When James inevitably starts wavering through the winter schedule they will come unstuck, heavily reliant on him for midfield creativity.

Sp**s will do well this season, they've made astute signings, unlike Chelsea.

All in all the most consistent team will get into the top 4 this season. Chelsea, Sp**s and United are already showing inconsistencies that will crop up throughout the season.

For once we might actually be the most consistent side of the bunch due to our manager.

Weve already capitalised on the opening two game weeks and we need to continue that through the season.

Makavelii

As first thought Chelsea will take a while to gel plus their defence will not improve. Lampard is essentially a glorified Eddie Howe. Bloke has no tactics at all.

The only worry with Chelsea is they have a lot of fire power which could turn the tide for them.

Obviously we are yet to see City and United but so far Arsenal are the only side with a convincing win other than Everton. Arteta looks streets ahead of everyone tactically.

This so much. For all their spending, I still don’t feel that threatened by them with Lampard at the driving wheel.

I think he’ll be found out pretty quickly. Then when they replace him with someone like Ancelotti, that’s when we should be very afraid.

Makavelii

Everton seem to have built quite a nice squad and gotten a decent manager. This year the competition for top4 will be tougher.

I agree with this. Top 2 looks clear to me in city and Liverpool.

But after that, the next 5 or so positions are extremely competitive and hard to pick out of
Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Everton and Sp**s.

It broke my heart watching United catch up and take over Brighton this morning. Was not deserved. At least Chelsea dropped points though.

Xanth

Still think Chelsea will contrive to finish 3rd. United, however, have looked even worse than I expected, and I already thought they were being overrated because of their easy fixtures post lockdown. There is a very solid chance of us finishing 4th if we get Aouar. The loss of Ndidi is a huge blow for Leicester and Wolves don't have a higher ceiling than Europa because of their defensive style.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'd love to see this place in a weeks time, if we lose twice.

Structurally right now, with Arteta at the helm and us continuing our good form we are 4th at best. Chelsea and United have last season's momentum and money to deliver over the season.

As is, Sp**s, Wolves, Everton and Leicester are more our level right now and we should compare with them until we have consistently performed better. Well only be able to judge this in about three months.

Bring in Auoar and more importantly Partey, and we should join United and Chelsea as top four contenders potentially. Add to that our continued good form and consistency and third is possible

My personal hopes is for top four, third specifically. Let's continue to integrate our youth and supplement them with class signings. Most importantly I want it to dawn on United and Chelsea fans that we are clearly better than them, Liverpool, City and Europe sensing the return of the kings

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

It's like clockwork tbh, Arsenal fans get optimistic really easily then flip out after a few bad results and start calling for Kroenke's head. It's like how people loved Raul one week and hated him the next.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Think we may be underestimating Sp**s a bit... couldn’t give two ****s about them but let’s be honest. If Son, Kane continue to play like they are with Bale somehow staying injury free, they could cause serious damage.

chelsea will pick up form and be trouble. Really think 4th is ridiculously difficult despite the incomings of two potential midfield talents.

What a season to look forward to, though

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Structurally right now, with Arteta at the helm and us continuing our good form we are 4th at best. Chelsea and United have last season's momentum and money to deliver over the season.

As is, Sp**s, Wolves, Everton and Leicester are more our level right now and we should compare with them until we have consistently performed better. Well only be able to judge this in about three months.

Bring in Auoar and more importantly Partey, and we should join United and Chelsea as top four contenders potentially. Add to that our continued good form and consistency and third is possible

My personal hopes is for top four, third specifically. Let's continue to integrate our youth and supplement them with class signings. Most importantly I want it to dawn on United and Chelsea fans that we are clearly better than them, Liverpool, City and Europe sensing the return of the kings

Man you must be one hell of a pessimist to think Auoar and Partey only make us potential top four contenders.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

08-C611-B9-2-A54-48-DF-9-BB3-DEB404-B63356.jpg

Interesting they’re so keen on Leicester and only have us sixth likeliest so far.

Top Bottom