• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 943,824
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Did anyone manage to catch much of the Lyon game today?

Saw the result but was wondering how he played, and whether he looked like a man on the way out?

Difficult to tell because Lyon were so poor. He hardly got a kick really.

I still think this gets done for 40m euros and 10m add ons.

lvgh98

Difficult to tell because Lyon were so poor. He hardly got a kick really.

I still think this gets done for 40m euros and 10m add ons.

Agreed, think we definitely get it done. Started to really think it would happen the night they played Man City. Just one of those weird feelings you get occasionally.

Guilty of being a bit of an optimist, but at the moment still reckon Partey (or at the very least, a cheaper alternative) gets done too.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Agreed, think we definitely get it done. Started to really think it would happen the night they played Man City. Just one of those weird feelings you get occasionally.

Guilty of being a bit of an optimist, but at the moment still reckon Partey (or at the very least, a cheaper alternative) gets done too.

Gut feeling for me has been both for a long time now

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why won't people believe top tier sources saying City aren't interested? They're spending money on defenders.

Bayern I will take, its fairly realistic. But tonight Bild said they won't be getting rid of Javi Martinez unless they sign a CM. They arent after an attacking mid, they play 4231. Aouar in a two in a deeper role would be quite poor.

He wont be loaned either, Lyon need cash.

Kano_1

I am sure that he is already an Arsenal player in his own head. A club like Arsenal cannot submit a bid without convincing first the player to sign... This is a done deal and Aubamayang wouldn't have spoken without knowing what is going on.

Which big club do you reckon is going to move on this first?

My money is on Bayern. City also in the running.

Feels like you are losing it man with your recent posts!

72416175.jpg

6gunner

Considering Arteta and Aouar have the same agent, we should know exactly what it'll take to sign him and to be sure we have communicated to him that we'll give it to him. Arteta/Aouar/Agent would not have had that discussion if there was any question in Arteta's mind if we could come up with the funds to acquire him.

As for City, they are in a tough spot. Aouar will take minutes from Foden, who City needs to keep happy for homegrown purposes. Arteta and Foden have a great relationship. You can be sure, as competitive as Arteta is, if City swoop in to sign Aouar, Arteta is going to do everything he can to swoop in for Foden. City can sign anyone they want since FFP doesn't matter, so if they decide to sign a midfielder, it'll be someone else.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Considering we've been playing without a playmaker since March I'm not surprised at all.
Is he a playmaker though?

From what I’ve seen he’s like a Hazard without explosive pace so he’s ended up in the middle of the park. I haven’t seen many defence splitting passes, more clever dribbles.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Is he a playmaker though?

From what I’ve seen he’s like a Hazard without explosive pace so he’s ended up in the middle of the park. I haven’t seen many defence splitting passes, more clever dribbles.

He isnt a defence splitter in fairness. But he would add a lot to our midfield in creative terms.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
How? More of a link man then? Like Hleb?

Well he obviously doesn't have great physical attributes, nor much of a defensive game. He's not that guy who runs into the box and scores lots of goals, nor is he a Cesc with supernatural vision and passing range.

His superpower is basically his first touch and his dribbling. You can give the ball to him in any area of the pitch and trust that he'll either retain possession or progress the ball up the pitch with a dribble.

For a long time now we've been watching this Arsenal team and scratching our heads at where all the technical ability went, why do we play so slow, where has all the one-touch passing gone etc. In theory Aouar goes a long way to solving that technical deficit. In a dream scenario he does sort of what Iniesta did, he greases the cogs of the machine and makes everything tick.

edit: but I do understand people who question why we'd spend 40-50m on a small guy who doesn't appear to score or assist a huge amount. I guess it's just the potential of Aouar that is so alluring.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Aouar has the potential to score a lot of goals though.

Has a very good goalscoring record. More importantly in the CL last season he managed 7 goal contributions in Lyon's 8 games. Showing he can do it in the most elite competition.

Makavelii

Well he obviously doesn't have great physical attributes, nor much of a defensive game. He's not that guy who runs into the box and scores lots of goals, nor is he a Cesc with supernatural vision and passing range.

His superpower is basically his first touch and his dribbling. You can give the ball to him in any area of the pitch and trust that he'll either retain possession or progress the ball up the pitch with a dribble.

For a long time now we've been watching this Arsenal team and scratching our heads at where all the technical ability went, why do we play so slow, where has all the one-touch passing gone etc. In theory Aouar goes a long way to solving that technical deficit. In a dream scenario he does sort of what Iniesta did, he greases the cogs of the machine and makes everything tick.

edit: but I do understand people who question why we'd spend 40-50m on a small guy who doesn't appear to score or assist a huge amount. I guess it's just the potential of Aouar that is so alluring.

Fair points. He did only just turn 22 so I’m sure there’s plenty of upside with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom