• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Pretty expected team. I think after Gabriel's hit and miss performance at West Ham he's being protected a bit, as he should be. We need at least an 8/10 tonight from Holding though.

Elneny instead of Ceballos makes sense. More industry against a Liverpool midfield who don't stop running. We need Willian to give us his best Ronaldinho impression tonight. I'm sure Auba's noticed strikers are scoring a lot of goals too. He'll be hungry.

COME ON THE ARSENAL!!!

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Can see why Luiz is starting I guess, he's our leader and best defender and arguably our most consistent players behind Auba + Tierney.

He has to play, obviously.

He had a mare last season in this fixture though. Didn't he give away two penalties or something? Cost at least two goals I think.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nelson will need to out on loan he won't make PL squad Willock could be too if Aouar and Partey/Another CM signed he also should go on loan specially with Elneny is very likely staying.

CanadianGooner1608

Ceballos got destroyed against LFC last year, which took months for him to get used to it. Glad we're not making the same mistake with Gabriel and allow him to just witness the top team in the league (I say that with disgust).
I'm fine with the team comp. We are putting an emphasis on solidity, and, yes, boredom.

Team like Liverpool needs to have their spirits taken away from them, and you do that by frustrating them again and again. Until we have the personnel to take the game to them and make it entertaining, by all means, bore them to submission.

I believe we lose this one based on pute quality difference, but I trust the team can maybe, just maybe make a miracle happen. No matter the result, we should stay cautiously optimistic.

COYG, make my day, I beg you!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He has to play, obviously.

He had a mare last season in this fixture though. Didn't he give away two penalties or something? Cost at least two goals I think.

Yep, but lets hope no crowd and no Emery helps. Can see him getting spun most the game tho.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This was absolutely not the game for Gabriel. Tierney was always starting LCB because when we have the ball we switch to 4-4-2 with him overlapping so Gabriel playing there wouldn't have made sense. While Luiz was favoured centrally because of his experience and leadership qualities.

Malky

Established Member
Thiago missing is huge for us, but still feel like they're winning the midfield battle comfortably.
At the back Holding worries me more than Luiz.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

The inclusion of Elneny sums up Arteta's selection. He's gone for safe. Nothing stylish about this team. Just safe. No risks. That of course isn't a bad thing when going to Anfield.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I had little faith in that backline in the Community Shield, but it worked for us...Bellerin has to really be aware of not letting Rob getting exposed to many 1 v 1s tonight.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If it was up to A-M Saliba and Gabriel would be partnering each other for this game.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I would have played Gabriel and Luiz. First time together or not, Gabriel has been good in both games so far. Arteta obviously has his reasons though.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think he would have got torn apart by their attack as he has looked a bit rash so far.
I don't think that's why he was dropped. Arteta probably wants luiz to be playing those his long balls to Auba down that left side to target TAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom