• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I wonder who our 'backup' is.

I dont think we have one. I think its Partey or we keep Elneny. No, I'm not comparing them :) If we dont get Partey I think Torreira will still be out, possibly to Atletico. Having said that, I'm sticking with my belief that we will get Aouar sorted this week then get Partey as well.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
@Dokaka does think he’s an incredible talent and he was good against us.

I’d be tempted to pay that tbh.

He's legit. People have soured on highly priced English players in recent years somewhat understandably due to players like Maguire, but Rice is honestly the greatest talent I have seen in my time as a West Ham fan if you include his mental fortitude etc. He's not as technically gifted as other previous talents but his reading of the game is top class and he's up there among the best tacklers I've ever seen.

Few people on here dismiss him but I feel like they forget he's a ****ing 21-years-old defensive midfielder, a position that's usually extremely reliant on experience reading the game etc.

Not sure he's what you need though, especially not at that price.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I dont think we have one. I think its Partey or we keep Elneny. No, I'm not comparing them :) If we dont get Partey I think Torreira will still be out, possibly to Atletico. Having said that, I'm sticking with my belief that we will get Aouar sorted this week then get Partey as well.

It will be humiliating if they get Torreira while we dont get Partey.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He's legit. People have soured on highly priced English players in recent years somewhat understandably due to players like Maguire, but Rice is honestly the greatest talent I have seen in my time as a West Ham fan if you include his mental fortitude etc. He's not as technically gifted as other previous talents but his reading of the game is top class and he's up there among the best tacklers I've ever seen.

Few people on here dismiss him but I feel like they forget he's a ****ing 21-years-old defensive midfielder, a position that's usually extremely reliant on experience reading the game etc.

Not sure he's what you need though, especially not at that price.

There’s a game I watched which he dominated post restart and I can’t remember who it was against.

Think it was maybe Chelsea or Villa but he shocked me with his range of passing. He developed so much in the space of a year.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yeah, Rice is good, he's impressed me every time I've watched West Ham.

Kamara is a very similar player who we should be in for if we can't get Thomas, Rice obviously is out of our price range since he costs more than Thomas.

Renato Sanches is another player who has developed nicely in Ligue 1 and would add some athleticism and tackling to our midfield while still having quality on the ball.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Did you get to see Carrick play for you?

Superb player.

Honestly, not much. Living in Denmark and it being way before internet streams were everywhere, it was basically impossible to watch our games unless they were on TV which was rare. He also left when I was 14 so even if I were able to watch him I wouldn't have fully understood his efforts on the pitch.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Honestly, not much. Living in Denmark and it being way before internet streams were everywhere, it was basically impossible to watch our games unless they were on TV which was rare. He also left when I was 14 so even if I were able to watch him I wouldn't have fully understood his efforts on the pitch.

What about Carlton Cole?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
His source is obviously very legit.

I think it's fair to say Bell isn't an internet psycho like some of the other ITKs. He had a good following as just a guy who collates information and as any journalist does he's gained connections with time.

Somebody close to Partey has fed him this information and he's told his followers. He's not claiming to know anything other than that so I think we can give the guy a break, even if it doesn't go through.

Tempted to ask your opinion on the shape of the Earth, but this post goes along way to answer it, Trilly.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Badly need this guy in here. Genuinely believe with him and Aouar we can give a good fight for 2nd albeit being far from Liverpool

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes Partey single handed dominate Liverpool midfield in CL at anfield he game changer for us hopefully we find a way to convince A.Madrid or pray Partey push for move

Xanth

Atleti were similarly dominated mate, if not more.

Yeah, that game isn't a good example. Pretty much the main difference between that and the one yesterday was that Liverpool had to face Oblak and Atletico were very clinical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom