• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If nothing else, this game showed we need Aouar & Tierney, not just one of them. 7 days left to sort it!

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Did you miss the 3rd goal? He literally didn't move. Didn't even try.

Bellerin blocking his view and it hit in off the post... Can't really fault him for not saving that. It's not really shocking to me that he didn't go for it. He would have committed to a ball he couldn't get and have been useless if it deflected back to the box off the post. Funny to me that people would rather players go through the motions than be effective.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
people will use this as evidence we need the two midfielders we are after

but we lost this because of bad play in defence from KT/Luiz/Leno and poor finishing from Lacca.

I think xhaka was xhaka...elneny was solid and cebellos made an impact when he came on.

Not sure what my point is- but this just seems to me like evidence that we haven't settled on the most effective group of defensive personnel and lacca is still unreliable.

The midfield could have been better or worse- i still think those key events still happen today and it would end up like this.

Surprised you don't mention Bellerin as being at fault for goals.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
but could you say our players should be kicking up more of a fuss like all the other teams would in that situation? i didn’t see anyone hounding the ref for it.... you don’t ask you don't get.

Not sure any of our players noticed it tbf. I certainly didn't in real time. Only on the replay it was clear.

D

Dial Square 1886

Pool away is not our battle this season TBF.

I mean I don't think even the most optimistic of fans was expecting anything other than a defeat, if being realistic.

We will find out far more about where we are in the process when we play our actual rivals with our final squad once the window shuts.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Tonight makes it 61 games. Someone has to win there sometime but going into the game with a midfield of Xhaka and Elneny it was never going to be us.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It was actually a very slow shot. Go rewatch. All Leno had to do was drop to the ground extending a leg. Neuer does it all the time.

The problem is not that he couldn't stop it, it's that he didn't react at all. Not at ALL.
It was right into the corner. No one was getting there.

I think if we fail to utilize Auba against Trent something went wrong tactically.

He should be able to get a chance as Trent is a very attacking minded full-back.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yep. It's not so much that Auba plays on the left, it's that Arteta won't even consider trying Auba in the middle and Saka left, not even once.

Wagwan with that? It just makes no sense to me and I still feel like Auba on the left is just off balance wise.

Literally not even for 20 minutes in a game for a guy who’s spent most his career there.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
The defense looked better against these teams with Martinez. I think he gave a bit extra. I think communication is important and we can see it clearly with these two examples.

I agree about the pressure, it's so weird hearing about teams going to Anfield like Leeds did, ready to play from the minute 1. We didn't do anything in the first half bar the goal. We need to be ready to play for full 90 minutes.

I think you mean he did better against these teams in the FA Cup... different from premier league Liverpool at Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom