• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
You can’t understand, for the first time in 15 years Emi made us feel secure in the box on high balls and crosses. Leno causes more heartattacks than obesity.
Theres been a lot of GKs who didn't have these problems.

Its sad that Emi made you feel safe, but he is gone now, forget him and move on. He will be put off by your constant pining. Enjoy the present and maybe one day, you will feel the warmth and safety of a great GKs hands. Maybe Leno is the one, you will never know so long as you are thinking of our Ex Emi. He is pleasing others now, why not enjoy the one who stayed?

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Couldn't believe some of the overrating of Martinez in the match thread today. Emi also had a howler tonight against Fulham but was rescued by VAR.

But because he caught a few crosses for us in the 15 games he played, every goal since he left is Leno's fault :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pop Tart

Established Member
Hate when idiots say it would of been 6 if it were not for leno, his job to save standard shots. His passing in his own box was poor. So was his decision making. Can see our defence have no confidence with him and it makes them ****ter. He is a liability. Wake up people.

LG10

This isn't even based on this season. Didn't he commit more errors leading to goals in his first season here than most Gk's have committed in several?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

eam08edbthjc.jpeg

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Still can't figure out why we sold Martinez for him. During the entire period when Martinez played, I hardly had moments where my heart was in my mouth. It seems to be a regular experience when Leno is at the goal. What's wrong with our club's goal keeper selection? Selling Szczesny and benching Martinez for Agent Cech and now selling Martinez for Leno.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
There was times tonight when the defence where waiting for him to come for balls and he seemed to be quite late going for them. I think the communication between him and the defence is the biggest issue. Luiz seemed to have a go at him early on over it.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Still can't figure out why we sold Martinez for him. During the entire period when Martinez played, I hardly had moments where my heart was in my mouth. It seems to be a regular experience when Leno is at the goal. What's wrong with our club's goal keeper selection? Selling Szczesny and benching Martinez for Agent Cech and now selling Martinez for Leno.
eam08edbthjc.jpeg

Thanks @razörist

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Really need to improve on crosses and his passing.. Too many times he plays his teammates in trouble with poor pass selection or a tough pass.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
The only thing Leno stans can mention is how bad Martinez was 8 years ago.

We should stop talking about Martinez unless it is to point out Leno's biggest flaws, communication, commanding of the penalty box, distribution, etc.
The only thing you can do is pine for someone who had 15 decent games for our club in 11 years.

We should stop talking about Emi altogether unless its to praise his performances in the Villa thread :lol:

The only thing you can do is pine for someone who had 15 decent games for our club in 11 years.

We should stop talking about Emi altogether unless its to praise his performances in the Villa thread :lol:

Its what Martinez showed in those 15 games that matter. Even if it was just a purple patch it has highlighted how bad Leno is at certain things.

During these 15 games, it was the best our defense and GK has looked in many years. We need a GK that gave us that same security and the defense will become better again.

I think Leno needs to be replaced as early as next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom