• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There was absolutely no justification for him to be dropped in the first place.

I like Arteta but sometimes he drops a player after they seem to be hitting great form. Ceballos was great 2nd half vs the hammers. Even set up the goal. Done the same with Pepe and to a lesser extent Gabriel too.
Definitely, but managers like to overthink things and make things harder for themselves. Just remember Guardiola and his ***** CL moment against Lyon :D

Impact

Established Member
Ceballos looked very good in his cameo. In terms of creativity, it's night and day between Dani and Elneny/Xhaka. He gets on the ball and drives us forward, either through progressive passing or dribbling.

I can understand why Arteta went with the Community Shield lineup but I wonder how the game would have gone had Ceballos started.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Hes the kind of involved midfielder I like. The ball is his friend and he goes forward and tracks back. Him, Partey and Aouar sound great on paper.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not quite sure why he didn’t start tonight. Or just in general.

Xanth

An Aouar - Partey - Ceballos midfield is certainly the way forward, assuming we get both midfielders. It will genuinely transform the team.

Really hope we make this a permanent signing by the end of the season.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I said for a long time that he should be one the first names on the teamsheet

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ceballos is also a very competitive player, he will fight for every ball and win possession more often than Elneny and Xhaka. Think Arteta will learn his lesson there which is a good thing.
Ceballos is our key midfielder and we look completely brainless without him on the pitch.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He already showing signs of creativity better than last season he'll get alot of assists
Last year he created one big chance and one assist. Didn't think he would add much in terms of creativity going forward this season, but he showed quite positive signs against the toughest opposition in the league.

Still don't think he will get many assists, but he might be very important this season in our forward transition and perhaps a lot of pre-assists.

say yes

forum master baiter
He’s a bit risky in possession at times, and joined the squad late this summer, so I can understand Elneny being picked ahead of him this one time given Liverpool’s press.

Hopefully never again though. Comfortably our best midfielder when he came on.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We need to keep this lad beyond this season.

I see him, Partey and Auoar/Saka as our regular midfield three by seasons end. An excellent base to continue our rebuild process.

Jakarta

An Aouar - Partey - Ceballos midfield is certainly the way forward, assuming we get both midfielders. It will genuinely transform the team.

Lol people still think we are going to get both?

It would be a miracle if we got just one of them.

Last edited:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

This would be my first choice if we managed to sign both, but assuming we can only have one then I like the look of a Xhaka - Aouar - Ceballos midfield with Xhaka/Ceballos dual CMs behind Aouar who is given freedom to do the damage.

It also provides El Neny, Guendouzi and even Özil options to come back in the side should their form or attitude improve.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
He’s a bit risky in possession at times, and joined the squad late this summer, so I can understand Elneny being picked ahead of him this one time given Liverpool’s press.

Hopefully never again though. Comfortably our best midfielder when he came on.

We need to sign this guy, he's a top player and still young. He obviously likes it here as well, or he wouldn't have returned. Think it all makes sense.

On the Real side of things, Zidane seems to have his favourites. Valverde is obviously class but even though I think a Valverde/Ceballos two would be great for RM Zidane doesn't agree. Zidane also shipped off two very good LBs in favour of Mendy who seems to be disciplined but unspectacular.

My mate is a Madrid fan and he says Zidane just favours French players.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He just made a difference. Higher risk higher reward passing and dribbling.

Coming shortly Ceballos Partey Aouar

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's our best midfielder, but I fully understand why El Nenny and Xhaka started yesterday. Even understand why AMN started over Saka. We tried to match Liverpool physically.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom