• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I’m not even hating on Ceballos. They’re different players. Xhaka’s a number 6 and Ceballos is a number 8. I was expecting the Xhaka thread to get bumped when we lose and it happened again. Not even a valid criticism on Xhaka in sight.
Of course I know their shirt numbers. But Ceballos makes a difference and Xhaka doesn't. So once we sign a good midfielder, Xhaka will be forgotten.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
They looked good together first game, but we suffer to create anything unless Ceballos is on the field right now. Xhaka and Ceballos have shown they can be a good pairing and I think it's our best bet unless we get Partey (unlikely imo).

Oh don't get me wrong. I was just following your logic. I wish we'd replace Xhaka all together

Manberg

Predator
Of course I know their shirt numbers. But Ceballos makes a difference and Xhaka doesn't. So once we sign a good midfielder, Xhaka will be forgotten.

:lol: you didn’t understand that one bit did you? Read up on what a number 8 is and what a number 6 (dlp, not dm) is.

blaze_of_glory

He'll start 90% of games regardless of who we sign. Mikel loves him. Wish people would accept this and move on.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
:lol: you didn’t understand that one bit did you? Read up on what a number 8 is and what a number 6 (dlp, not dm) is.
I am sorry. I do not understand football. So I don't understand the difference between a number 6 and number 8. Can you football understanding Xhaka fans please explain?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He'll start 90% of games regardless of who we sign. Mikel loves him. Wish people would accept this and move on.
Mikel is forced to love him because we don't have options. He even loved Mustafi when we didn't have options. I don't think he is blind enough to not see the difference Ceballos made when he came in. The question is who will be his partner. If we do get Partey, it will be a no-brainer. If we fail to get Partey, again he will be forced to start Xhaka.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

People used this kind of logic to say that AMN would never play again under Arteta when Bellerín came back and he was taken out of the team.

Arteta is a good manager and as such will use the best XI to make us win. Depending on our signings that will often or not often involve Xhaka, let's see who we sign, but if you think that Xhaka will get more games than Ceballos if we sign both Thomas and Aouar, you have bet the wrong horse.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
He’s not strong, he’s not quick, he can’t tackle, he can’t turn on the ball, he can’t beat his man. He can’t do anything other than switch play, sometimes.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Now that they've run out of excuses it's 'Mikel loves him' that is the last straw
& somehow doing nothing & letting the game pass them by is the job of a 6. But oh he made one good pass....cry me a fvcking river

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I thought Xhaka was our best player in the first half. I didn’t agree with the decision to sub him off. Liverpool were man marking him tightly but he still found space at times. Made a great pass for the goal and made no mistakes in defence.

He can’t run

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I still think @Manberg is trolling us with the 'Xhaka is press resistant' and 'Bayern, Madrid, and Barça would be in for his signature' comments. They're the two wackiest things I've read on this forum or maybe on the internet in general, and I've read a lot of wacky things about Maitland-Niles or Emery on this forum and on the internet.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He’s not strong, he’s not quick, he can’t tackle, he can’t turn on the ball, he can’t beat his man. He can’t do anything other than switch play, sometimes.
That's such a basic requirement, even defenders are trained to do it these days

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

There’s nothing wrong with passing it backwards when pressed. The midfield can pass backwards, expecting defenders to make good long balls and attackers to hold the ball up. It’s a solid tactic. Xhaka did not make many mistakes he’s hardly to blame. Did ok.

819jltffdQL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Godwin1

Very well-known
I still think @Manberg is trolling us with the 'Xhaka is press resistant' and 'Bayern, Madrid, and Barça would be in for his signature' comments. They're the two wackiest things I've read on this forum or maybe on the internet in general, and I've read a lot of wacky things about Maitland-Niles or Emery on this forum and on the internet.
Who was actually interested in him when he was strongly rumoured to leave last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom