• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I’d rather loan him out and develop Nelson tbh.

Come on now. Harsh. Will do well once he's regularly playing.

Can kiss goodbye any chance of recouping even half the money we spent on him though. Don't care about fees normally, but it does look grim.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've tried to be positive and even consciously gone ott when praising him. I've tried hard to see these world class attributes that many rave on about but tbh, I don't rate this guy. His FA Cup performance didn't get me on the edge of my seat even though the euphoria of the win had me in uber happy mode. I think he's a bit lazy and quite crap in too many areas. He seems to have the brain dead qualities of so many players past. The two corners tonight are not a stick to beat him with but they are exactly what he does too many times in every single match. I just can't see how he gets better. We cant afford to play him in to form and his cameos are useless. He looks a total waste of money as he won't get the game tome to even start pad.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Will do better when he’s playing regularly. The near post set piece routine stuff has turned an anonymous cameo into a bad one. Was still just a cameo. Changing the thread title because of a performance against a side that suffocated us is harsh.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Will do better when he’s playing regularly. The near post set piece routine stuff has turned an anonymous cameo into a bad one. Was still just a cameo. Changing the thread title because of a performance against a side that suffocated us is harsh.

Lacazette scored. Tierney did his best as has proved a great signing. Leno too did as best he could tonight. All those 3 players have shown at some point in their Arsenal careers consistent displays. Even if they were only 7/10. Laca had a horrid season last season but his first season was decent and has a few goals this season.

Tell me 3 games in a row where Pepe was good. I struggle to think of 5 league games hes really stood out and made me think. We have a top player here.

Also even though people say money doesnt matter it does. At 72m you need serious output. If we didnt have Pepe last season we would have finished the same. With 72m this summer regardless of deal structures we have Partey and Aouar. Willian/Nelson/Saka can occupy that side.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lacazette scored. Tierney did his best as has proved a great signing. Leno too did as best he could tonight. All those 3 players have shown at some point in their Arsenal careers consistent displays. Even if they were only 7/10. Laca had a horrid season last season but his first season was decent and has a few goals this season.

Tell me 3 games in a row where Pepe was good. I struggle to think of 5 league games hes really stood out and made me think. We have a top player here.

Also even though people say money doesnt matter it does. At 72m you need serious output. If we didnt have Pepe last season we would have finished the same. With 72m this summer regardless of deal structures we have Partey and Thomas. Willian/Nelson/Saka can occupy that side.
I included the tweet because I think people have players who they’ve made their mind up about and wait for anything but a good performance so that they can criticise them. I think your post confirms that too, as you’re clearly wanted a big performance today despite the opposition and the minutes he had.

If you didn’t watch the match and just went off thread titles you’d think he was horrible when all that really happened is that he didn’t impact the game and took two bad corners.

It’s his second season now so the adaptation excuse doesn’t fly, just needs the game time. I don’t want this to read like an excuse but cameos against the best team in the country aren’t going to lead to the consistency in performances you desire.

Manberg

Predator
You expect players waiting on the bench to be hungry and determined to affect the game. He has to take opportunities to prove to the gaffer that he deserves to start ahead of Willian. Was a dreadful cameo by Pepe. Unforced errors and terrible corners. I am worried.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Even when he has played well or won us the game, he’s been dropped. We’re unable to list 3 games in a row through no fault of his own.

Even his cameo role this season, he’s not been on the pitch long enough to really make a difference and unless he’s been crap in training - this is also through no fault of his own also really.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wouldn't mind him starting over Willian on Sunday, give him a chance from the start.

I am very worried now though.

Pastore

He has to play a lot better. He's not in France anymore. At least try to shoot and ****ing score. What is he waiting for?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He was in for 15 mins :lol:

*shrugs*

Don’t get me wrong I’m increasingly having doubts he will work out here, but if he’s not playing what can he realistically do?

Why has nobody questioned why we conceded seconds after scoring? Instead of blaming subs

Pastore

He was in for 15 mins :lol:

*shrugs*

Don’t get me wrong I’m increasingly having doubts he will work out here, but if he’s not playing what can he realistically do?

Why has nobody questioned why we conceded seconds after scoring?
What's your point? 15 minutes too little time to at least try?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Apt description of him.
Nah I just couldn’t be bothered. If you were mad at some of the guys who played 90 mins you’d have a point but there’s clearly no real logic or thought to this, just frustration.

Pepe has been disappointing for sure, but your frustrations are just that - frustrations.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Whats the point in this, he came on for 15m in a game where we hardly created anything. Judge him on his mediocre displays with a full 90 not games like this.

I agree with posters who think we should try him up top.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

tbh he hasn’t done himself many favors in a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom