• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kysus

More likely PEDs than roids but ye agreed, the incentive to hide it from officials will always be greater than the incentive to catch these people.

Probably a combination of both for optimal performance and recovery.

Officials do NOT want to catch people as there is way too much money in football. They sacrificed cycling due to a fairly small fanbase but for football they always sweep the evidence under the carpet to protect the image of football.

Pop Tart

Established Member
There was another mane moment when he barged into dani. Very thuggish tonight. Think he only stayed on as a result of it being very early in the game. Which is wrong

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I admit Mane got a bit lucky but none the less Liverpool did their job well. Nothing to be ashamed of for us though as we held our own this time around. We still are behind the likes of Pool and City but I trust we are going in the right direction to move up the table.

Manberg

Predator
We had more incisive passing in the second half, broke there lines several times and created atleast 2 clear cut chances. You take off your rose colored glasses as soon as Xhaka leaves the pitch, huh?

You’re in denial. There was a clear difference between Liverpool’s first and second half intensity.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We lost 3-1 to the best team in the world, at a stadium where no one wins, and people are abusing every single player on the pitch. Talking about Martinez during a game. Get a ****ing grip. Liverpool and Klopp are several years ahead of us.

The forum should be locked during games.

Unless they’re playing the 3rd best team in Spain.

This club used to have testicles.

a123

Liverpool fan here. We dominated that match and looked very hungry for the win. Im not sure why you're so hard on yourselves as I thought you did alright considering. We would have given anyone a beating tonight playing like that. We recently won 22 games in a row at Anfield, only Burnley took a point from us last season and thats only after wed already won the league.

Arsenal is in a building phase so tonight is not really that big a deal in terms of where you are heading, youve got bigger fish to fry elsewhere. You seem on the right path with Arteta, I think you will get top 4 along with Chelsea.

With regards to our fitness, theres no secret sauce im afraid :lol:. Last season we were only ranked 7th in terms of distance covered, Brighton topped the league. And only Firmino featured in the top 20 players of distance covered, our midfielders didnt even make the list as they get rotated often. This year we have 8 central midfielders fighting for 3 spaces!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There was one point where we were executing a pretty decent press then VVD pinged a 70 yard longball onto Salah’s chest. I think that lead to their goal actually?

That was a real “we are a few years away” moment for me. :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Liverpool fan here. We dominated that match and looked very hungry for the win. Im not sure why you're so hard on yourselves as I thought you did alright considering. We would have given anyone a beating tonight playing like that. We recently won 22 games in a row at Anfield, only Burnley took a point from us last season and thats only after wed already won the league.

Arsenal is in a building phase so tonight is not really that big a deal in terms of where you are heading, youve got bigger fish to fry elsewhere. You seem on the right path with Arteta, I think you will get top 4 along with Chelsea.

With regards to our fitness, theres no secret sauce im afraid :lol:. Last season we were only ranked 7th in terms of distance covered, Brighton topped the league. And only Firmino featured in the top 20 players of distance covered, our midfielders didnt even make the list as they get rotated often. This year we have 8 central midfielders fighting for 3 spaces!

Could this post be any more condescending?

You’re not that good.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Don't know why we're getting worked up. Liverpool are clearly levels above us. We need to bring our A game and they need to have a bad day for us to win.

Laca missed a sitter but so did Jota. They had plenty more chances then us and dominated possession.

We need to move on from this game as soon as possible. I just hope we can get aouar and partey asap so we can play a 433 drop xhaka (the weak midfield link...can't receive th ball under pressure). And start building our way up to becoming an attacking team

Right now we've been wining partly because of aubas next level strike rate. However our biggest issue is with a 523 we are creating f'all chances.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Laca missed a sitter but so did Jota. They had plenty more chances then us and dominated possession.
True. I just realised how bad that miss was as well. You just forget about it because of many other chances they had.

You rarely get games where teams are super clinical with every chance they get but that’s basically what we need just to be in with a chance of winning. People forget that even the best strikers miss chances and it’s magnified in games like this.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

Appreciate the visit, even from a scouser. Fair enough, your team bested ours today. We weren’t at our best. Hopefully we figure some things out for when you guys come to the Emirates.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
There was one point where we were executing a pretty decent press then VVD pinged a 70 yard longball onto Salah’s chest. I think that lead to their goal actually?

That was a real “we are a few years away” moment for me. :lol:
Arteta mentioned that in his interview. The look in his eyes tells me he knows how much he has to do.

Gegen Pressing

Slap in the face early on will get a reaction . That's only positive.

We didn't need two strikers, especially not with bottlers like Lacazette it's better to have only one striker that rises to the occasion in a big game. In a game like this playAubamayang Centrally and add some attacking MF behind him like that genius Saka instead of clumsy pepe , we could have won the game.

Lacazette+Pepe is 100M worth of dross we should send straight back to Aulas.

chessygoal

Also cant take a corner. A basic skill. It isnt hard to put the ball into and area the size of an 18 yard box.
Corners at pro level have nothing to do with what, us, casual players do. The strength and the curve they need to have to be efficient make them pretty hard to deliver, and Pepe is actually a great corner taker. He missed 2 today, but it's the exception, not the rule.

Wryer

They are years and millions ahead of us in terms of the progression. We need to stay on track and let Arteta build his team, both from style/understanding and personnel perspective.

He needs time and he's proven that he at least deserves the time to get things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom