• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 943,198
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I know that it's been mentioned in the media, I'm more referring to the drama involved in it.

There's so much haggling about fees etc with us, it's a fundamental in the way deals go with us.

Also, are we the only club in Europe that gets publicly called out for piss poor offers and banter like negotiations, it certainly seems so.
It only seems that way because you follow Arsenal transfers closer than any other clubs'. United fans would say the same about Sancho and Telles, or Chelsea fans with Havertz.

D

Dial Square 1886

It only seems that way because you follow Arsenal transfers closer than any other clubs'. United fans would say the same about Sancho and Telles, or Chelsea fans with Havertz.

Yes this so is true.

It's the same with analysing players performance.

We scrutinize our players in far greater depth and therefore pick up on all the grisly details, whereas with most other teams, I occasionally watch a game, or catch some highlights and form an opinion on their players based on very limited samples!!

Reactions: A_G

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wouldn’t even require a Laca sale. Not as hot on Depay as others here (particularly given his injury record), but he’d be a fantastic depth option behind Auba on the left, and could definitely challenge Laca for that CF spot. The kind of depth all top teams have.

For that price you take the gamble. Strange that other teams haven't jumped at the chance after the deal with Barca fell through. Feels like he'd play a lot for a number of teams.

Hopefully Vinai didn't throw away those buy two and get a discount cupouns away.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn’t even require a Laca sale. Not as hot on Depay as others here (particularly given his injury record), but he’d be a fantastic depth option behind Auba on the left, and could definitely challenge Laca for that CF spot. The kind of depth all top teams have.

You dont buy depth options when you have glaring holes in your starting 11, especially when you have a limited budget to begin with.

Every last penny this summer should be for Aouar and Partey. Next summer, bring in a new first 11 forward, then maybe think about depth.

say yes

forum master baiter
You dont buy depth options when you have glaring holes in your starting 11, especially when you have a limited budget to begin with.

Every last penny this summer should be for Aouar and Partey. Next summer, bring in a new first 11 forward, then maybe think about depth.
I agree that we should focus everything on Partey & Aouar first. But if we can’t get one of them done and / or have £10m lying around at the end of the window, it would seem a great value pick up.

Gunners1616

Still can't believe we gonna use our resources (close to 50M) on this transfer when the amount is so close to Partey RC...

We've needed the physicality of Partey for so many years. Aouar might be the Ceballos of last year. He will need a lot of time to adjust to the physicality of the PL...

Unless by miracle we get both players, this could be a mistake to remember for a while.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree that we should focus everything on Partey & Aouar first. But if we can’t get one of them done and / or have £10m lying around at the end of the window, it would seem a great value pick up.

Fair enough, I just dont really see the appeal with him, although I must admit I havent seen much of him since he moved from United.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Still can't believe we gonna use our resources (close to 50M) on this transfer when the amount is so close to Partey RC...

We've needed the physicality of Partey for so many years. Aouar might be the Ceballos of last year. He will need a lot of time to adjust to the physicality of the PL...

Unless by miracle we get both players, this could be a mistake to remember for a while.

Prepare for a miracle

#believe

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You seen this @Trilly ? We should be all over Depay at that price.
How are his numbers compared to Laca's. Don't think he'll outscore him but he would improve our general play immensely (plus sauce).

I wonder why the hell we aren't going for him?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The wage bill for this season would be disgusting though unless we find a last ditch buyer for Laca (which we won't).

Hopefully we sign a pre-agreement with Memphis in Jan but he'd probably just choose Barca.

Only way would be to buy him and loan him back but that seems like FM stuff.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How are his numbers compared to Laca's. Don't think he'll outscore him but he would improve our general play immensely (plus sauce).

I wonder why the hell we aren't going for him?
16/17: 13 G/A in 17 games
17/18: 32 G/A in 36 games
18/19: 20 G/A in 26 games
19/20: 11 G/A in 13 games
20/21: 4 G/A in 5 games

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Depay won't take us to the next level, will be on big money and will be inevitably hard to sell when people realise this. This is the problem we've had with Lacazette...

Good job we have no interest in him.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Partey is €50m in one go, Aouar is €50m spread out over a number of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom