• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Meh, Arteta was the one who pushed to make sure Xhaka wasn't sold and who pushed to have Ceballos on loan again to be Elneny's backup.
Xhaka was needed at the time. Now, if we get proper players in, he's redundant.

Ceballos I'm guessing wasn't fully fit to start. Surely? I mean he was our second best player only a month or two ago.

Elnothing will soon be a non-factor again, if we make signings.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I wonder when Arsenal fans will realise it's because of the level of the playing squad at Arsenal and that Arteta will probably achieve the same as Arsène and emery did with this squad.

People keep praising his 'great communication' which I don't really get tbh. His tactics can't be that good since we concede a lot of shots and barely make any. I feel like a lot of the praise he gets is based off vibes tbh.
I like Arteta and freely admit I'm going off vibes, as there isn't much else to go on as of yet.

But unlike most posters I don't believe a good manager can turn a side spending 5th into title winners. All the EPL winners in recent history come from one of the richest 3 squads, apart from that one Leicester win. The odds are against Arteta doing much, other than winning an FA Cup or performing above expectations and getting to the top 4, like Wenger did for 20 years.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I like Arteta and freely admit I'm going off vibes, as there isn't much else to go on as of yet.

But unlike most posters I don't believe a good manager can turn a side spending 5th into title winners. All the EPL winners in recent history come from one of the richest 3 squads, apart from that one Leicester win. The odds are against Arteta doing much, other than winning an FA Cup or performing above expectations and getting to the top 4, like Wenger did for 20 years.

Everyone is going off vibes but the thing is managers only count for so little. Arsène Wenger is a better coach than Emery or Arteta so how do we expect them to do better than him without the players?

Our spending over the years has been poor too, either buying bums like Xhaka and Mustafi for 70 mill or setting ourselves back the last few transfer windows buying Raul and Kia's friends setting ourselves back years. Now we have a squad full of average players we're having trouble moving on. Who's idea was it to buy a CB every transfer window?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta

Leceister was the premier league referees salivating over thailand trips and billionaire favors, while giving as many penalties as they could to leceister, to destroy the narrative that the EPL was a fixed rigged closed predictable league.

its not like leceister were nobodies. They had a billionaire owner who had to get rid of his money fast before the military junta rulers of thailand got to him. he lavished money on the players and bloody bought them bmw i8s as gifts for crying out loud. When did you see that at "we bid 40million and 1 pound" Arsenal. Arsenal couldnt even buy Jamie Vardy off Leceister.

Manberg

Predator
Leceister was the premier league referees salivating over thailand trips and billionaire favors, while giving as many penalties as they could to leceister, to destroy the narrative that the EPL was a fixed rigged closed predictable league.

its not like leceister were nobodies. They had a billionaire owner who had to get rid of his money fast before the military junta rulers of thailand got to him. he lavished money on the players and bloody bought them bmw i8s as gifts for crying out loud. When did you see that at "we bid 40million and 1 pound" Arsenal. Arsenal couldnt even buy Jamie Vardy off Leceister.

Leicester’s success story started with a racist orgy in Thailand.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Leicester’s success story started with a racist orgy in Thailand.

meanwhile Arsène just kept getting his hands tied more and more behind his back. the fans brexiting, the media slavering, the board scrooging,

the player agitating, the referees harassing, the opposition breaking the limbs of our players in full live telecast, the penalties denied, the dives rewarded, the dirty money enticing our players and every FA official...

leceister had their own bilionaire which helped at a time when city could gift villas in dubai to players and abramovic could give them apartments in moscow...

Manberg

Predator
Not even joking. It’s crazy how Leicester’s manager got sacked after his son and three other Leicester players got sacked for a leaked racist orgy in Thailand, and the very next year they win the premier league.

There are lessons that can be learned from that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Everyone is going off vibes but the thing is managers only count for so little. Arsène Wenger is a better coach than Emery or Arteta so how do we expect them to do better than him without the players?

Our spending over the years has been poor too, either buying bums like Xhaka and Mustafi for 70 mill or setting ourselves back the last few transfer windows buying Raul and Kia's friends setting ourselves back years. Now we have a squad full of average players we're having trouble moving on. Who's idea was it to buy a CB every transfer window?
Yep, sums it up. I only woke up to how football really works when I read Soccernomics, then The Numbers Game and then Money and Football.

City finishes after Mansour took over 3,1,2,1,2,4,3,1,1,2. Before that largely bottom half or in the Championship. Chelsea after Abramovic, 2,1,1,2,2,3,1,2. They both had a stack of different managers, but only one constant.

Arteta spending 5th has a low chance of winning the EPL. Like Wenger he has knockout cups and a chance at a top 4 finish to go at. Our squad is not good, we've spent badly of late and had 3/4 terrible transfer windows.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Did you originally @ me by mistake? I got a notification for this. :lol:

I tagged both of you...G for the racist part, you for the orgy part...then I was like "Nah, Trilly is my boy" and I changed it cause you're awesome!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Clearly the Wengerball era is behind us... Mikel seems to enjoy these matches were we can only manage like 4 shots.
Football has changed. How many teams create nice patterns of play to score goals anymore? It's all about pressing high and winning the ball and create goal scoring chances with 2 to 3 direct passes/crosses. I don't like it either but that's where modern football is headed.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Football has changed. How many teams create nice patterns of play to score goals anymore? It's all about pressing high and winning the ball and create goal scoring chances with 2 to 3 direct passes/crosses. I don't like it either but that's where modern football is headed.

That's a fair point.

I mean I wouldn't say Liverpool play particularly beautiful football. Plenty of times they hit the fullbacks directly and bypass midfield to attack directly. But it's effective.

Poch's sp*ds weren't really overly easy on the eye, sure I'll admit that sometimes they had nice play but his style was built on hard work and an intense press.

I'd say City still play nice football, weirdly Utd can look really "pretty" at times especially when they're front three are on song.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Arsène Wenger is a better coach than Emery or Arteta so how do we expect them to do better than him without the players?

Huh? Late era Wenger was not a good coach. Arteta is superior to him. Just because Emery took a low bar and dug a hole for it and then shat on it doesn't mean that late era Wenger was a good manager. With the benefit of hindsight it would be hard to say Wenger was a top manager since 07/08, and 12/13 looks to me like the last managerial job where he's over-performed realistic expectations.

Love Wenger like the rest of us but let's not be naive about where he was as a coach in regard to the rest of football in the later era of his career. There's a reason no other top club wanted him.

This is the first time we've looked relatively modern and coherent tactically for a long, long time.

Top Bottom