• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Don't know why people are complaining about this loan.

We need to shift players out if we're to bring anyone else in. Yes, a transfer or an obligation to buy loan would be better but that deal is obviously not available, seeing as Torreira only seems to want to go to Atletico and they're not willing to do that.

What's the alternative? Keep a guy here who obviously doesn't figure into the managers plans out of spite, and block ourselves from bringing in a player we actually want? That would be foolish.

It's an imperfect situation, we've just got to make the best out of it.

Last edited:

Tomb Bombadil

Obligation, option, who cares. He'll perform well in Spain like he did in Italy. Even if Atletico don't exercise that option to buy the suitors from Italy will come back and they will have cash to spend to get Torreira.
If he plays regularly and this is a big if. He's going to a better team and of course the spanish league/atletico could be better suited to him. But then he still has to adapt to a new club/league and has even better teammates in central midfield. And in the end if they don't want to buy him, they won't play him.

I would rather have loaned him out to Torino where he is going to play. But still better than keep him if he doesn't have any perspectiv under Arteta.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If he does well Atletico will definitely buy him.

This is probably a transferred structured as such to help them out. The Morata deal is an example.

He's defo coming back then... can see you lot wanting to pay even less to make it permanent.

skeetbag

I think people are really underestimating the goodwill built with this transaction.
What will it gain us? They have refused to include Partey in a part exchange with Torreira, why would they suddenly drop the price or become more willing to let him go?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Never get why we give people option to buy. Should always be a forced buy at the end Or just dont give option to buy. What if he develops and find two levels above and become great? Then we loose. If he sucks, we loose, except wages but his value goes down even further. Stupid

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I’d say sufficing to a loan must me we’re confident in bringing someone in? I said at the start of the summer we may need a big squad this year because of fixture congestion and lack of summer break. Our midfield literally is Chaka, Ceballos, Elneny and Willock.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I’d say sufficing to a loan must me we’re confident in bringing someone in? I said at the start of the summer we may need a big squad this year because of fixture congestion and lack of summer break. Our midfield literally is Chaka, Ceballos, Elneny and Willock.

Yeah either Guendouzi is kept (not by choice) and we have to use him or he goes and we bring in two midfielders. I’m not sure Willock is rated highly enough by Arteta to be a regular option either.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Strange we would sanction a loan if there is a sale on the table. Kicks the can down the road. But it is what it is.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Looks like nobody wants to buy our average players. Mari, Cedric, Luiz, . . we're stacking up on more too. 8 CBs, static midfield. What an unholy mess!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Looks like nobody wants to buy our average players. Mari, Cedric, Luiz, . . we're stacking up on more too. 8 CBs, static midfield. What an unholy mess!
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom