• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Rennes are working on deal that they have Saliba on loan. I'm against this really

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
This is the thing with plucking up young players that aren't fully formed, they need consistent game time to develop. It's why James looks like he's going to crash and burn at Manure

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Strange because Rennes today agreed to sign Rugani did they heard that Saliba is available on loan?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
A loan is probably good for him. Better than him staying here and playing mostly U23 games.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

So we signed Saliba on 4 years deal and we are going to loan him for half the time?

Too early to say but I think we made the wrong choice with Saliba imo. It would have been better to use that 30m we spent on him and added a bit more then try to tempt Söyüncü from Leicester to come here or even held out for a top defender like Upamecano.

Both Holding and Chambers could have been sold to raise either transfer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Stade Rennais have reached an agreement with Juve and Rugani, but today and again in the last few hours also worked on the track for Saliba, who the Gunners could send on loan.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Stade Rennais have reached an agreement with Juve and Rugani, but today and again in the last few hours also worked on the track for Saliba, who the Gunners could send on loan.

Sort of makes sense in the sense he gets to play but with the way Arteta spoke about him tonight it seems like they’re going to bring him along in their own way. They probably have special strength and conditioning programs for him and a plan of how many games he’ll play this season. A loan might not make sense from that point of view.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What was his contract length? Would rather he was actually integrated here as we spent quite a penny for him.

Lastly, if we're willing to let our 30m rated young defender, it must mean that a lot of our many defenders are actually staying put, which is VERY worrysome.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sort of makes sense in the sense he gets to play but with the way Arteta spoke about him tonight it seems like they’re going to bring him along in their own way. They probably have special strength and conditioning programs for him and a plan of how many games he’ll play this season. A loan might not make sense from that point of view.

Hard one to judge from the outside really.

Think it’s telling that he’s not come close to featuring in many of our matches yet and we have a lot of options with Arteta obviously keen on both Holding and Luiz as well as starting Mari first game after the restart.

The fact he’s bringing along Gabriel slowly as well shows that maybe regular game time is best for Saliba right now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is the thing with plucking up young players that aren't fully formed, they need consistent game time to develop. It's why James looks like he's going to crash and burn at Manure

James isn’t even young. 23 year old kick and rush merchant who at best is a lower level PL player.

No idea why they settled on him compared to other talented Championship players like Benrahma, Bowen or Eze.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They’re obviously a CL team so that’s interesting.

Not going to pretend like I’ve seen a lot of them although I watched their game with Monaco the other week and I was impressed with them as a unit.

They’ve got a good midfield with Camavinga and Bourigeaud, their left back looks rapid and I was actually really impressed with their Moroccan CB Aguerd who I’d never heard of before.

If they’re getting Rugani I do wonder how much game time he’ll actually get there.

Breezy

What is going on here? This kid is supposed to be a future superstar. If Saka can get minutes here at 18, then what’s the hold up with Saliba? Ain’t like he’s completely raw. He already has 40 first team appearances for St Étienne under his belt.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
James isn’t even young. 23 year old kick and rush merchant who at best is a lower level PL player.

No idea why they settled on him compared to other talented Championship players like Benrahma, Bowen or Eze.

:rofl:he was 21 when they signed him tbf. I reckon if he'd gone to Leeds and got games he'd be better off than whatever Ole has him doing

tcahill

Bad news. This must mean we're struggling to sell Sokratis and Mustafi.

From a developmental point of view this doesn't sound so bad. Luiz will leave next season and he can slot right next to Gabriel who should be properly embedded by then. Rennes are a decent team, I'd be ok with this, assuming he's guaranteed minutes.

D

Dial Square 1886

What is going on here? This kid is supposed to be a future superstar. If Saka can get minutes here at 18, then what’s the hold up with Saliba? Ain’t like he’s completely raw. He already has 40 first team appearances for St Étienne under his belt.

Yeah, I wonder this as well.

Slightly concerning that Arteta has had a good bit of time with him now and doesn't maybe see him as part of his plans for this season?

It's not like we have a couple of stud CBs that he needs to displace either!

Interesting to see how this develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom