• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Got to judge them when the window shuts. Maybe the ins/outs a bit uninspiring at the mo but they also got Auba & Saka to renew... that was huge.

True, can't be underestimated how important those deals were, but it was always about the midfield. Surely the whole point of a transfer window is to fix your problems on the pitch, and the biggest problem last season was the midfield.

tcahill

Option to buy is the worst of both worlds.

Scenario #1 is he does well, which is very possible under Simeone, then Atletico buy him for well under his market value.

Scenario #2 he is average/struggles, which means he's right back here next season and he's even harder to sell.

I'm happy to trust Edu usually but this is just boneheaded. And it doesn't get us anywhere nearer to Partey.

jvw

Scenario #1 is he does well, which is very possible under Simeone, then Atletico buy him for well under his market value.

Scenario #2 he is average/struggles, which means he's right back here next season and he's even harder to sell.

I'm happy to trust Edu usually but this is just boneheaded. And it doesn't get us anywhere nearer to Partey.
Exactly, it leaves us with all the risk and we don't get anything from it other than his wages being paid, which I'm sure we could have got anyway without giving an option to buy.

scytheavatar

Established Member

No matter what there's a cap to Torreira's value...... he doesn't have exceptional physical or technical ability or even football IQ so he's never going to be some superstar midfielder. I think it will be difficult for him to ever become more than a 30 million player, so I do not think we are selling him at well under his market value.

tcahill

No matter what there's a cap to Torreira's value...... he doesn't have exceptional physical or technical ability or even football IQ so he's never going to be some superstar midfielder. I think it will be difficult for him to ever become more than a 30 million player, so I do not think we are selling him at well under his market value.

His market value was around 50 mill just over a year ago.

scytheavatar

Established Member
His market value was around 50 mill just over a year ago.

If that's the case then we would be a bunch of dumbasses for not selling him when he worth that much............ but it is extremely hard to understand how his value has risen that much after a season when he had more poor performances than good ones.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If we arent getting any favours from them pull put of the deal and let Torreria play Europa league and early FA cup matches. Hes not on high wages and they are offering us nothing in return. I dont care if hes not happy.

GunnerShy

The reality is ATM buy him at the end of the season or he goes to Italy or another club in Spain.

He won't come back to Arsenal. When he clears out his locker and gives us back his number that's it he'll be gone.

I'd have preferred to hold him to his contract but now I think about it, with three years left on his contract it's better to have him playing at ATM, the league will suit him and if he doesn't cut it, he's tried, and will accept a move to the Torino's of the world in a year when they have more cash

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Jorginho is a better option if our hands are tied, terrible business though and disgraceful from the player to force a move in this manner.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Good luck Lucas. No doubt see you next summer.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom