• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
I think signing Partey is more important than signing Aouar this season. Our base is too one-dimensional and one-paced. A box-to-box player that adds competitiveness, dynamism, mobility as well as being a progressive passer and ball carrier instantly changes both our defence and attack. We'll be able to play 4 at the back a lot more and he'll help get our forwards in better positions to create chances.

Last edited:

blaze_of_glory

I think signing Partey is more important than signing Aouar this season. Our base is too one-dimensional and one-paced. A box-to-box player that adds competitiveness, dynamism, mobility as well as being a progressive passer and ball carrier instantly changes both our defence and attack.
Isn't that Ceballos though?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I think signing Partey is more important than signing Aouar this season. Our base is too one-dimensional and one-paced. A box-to-box player that adds competitiveness, dynamism, mobility as well as being a progressive passer and ball carrier instantly changes both our defence and attack.
Is Partey a box to box or a dm. Doesn't he sit at the base of the midfield covering for Koke and Saul.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

What did you do to get Elite status?
@OnlyOne on 20k posts couldn’t even get assistant to the mods.

17 years of suffering on this forum - I’m basically Grandpa Simpson.

I’m also a lawyer who does some sports related stuff - so occasionally come into useful info.

As far as this window’s concerned, there really aren’t any secrets - everyone knew our targets pretty much from the outset. The complexity will have been less in the transfer fees (though a combination of lack of sales and “Stan” won’t have made that easy) - more so in the art of the deal in terms of the agents, financial structures, market and a general inclination of players, clubs and agents to leave the “big” deals to a post Covid-19 world - if and when we get there...

Money no object clubs don’t worry about these issues, of course...

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I need to study this evening so you just know something massive will break soon. Thank me later

Reactions: A_G

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I like Ceballos a lot but he certainly isn't dynamic or mobile and while competitive, he doesn't have the physical presence to win duels in a way that facilitates quick transitions/counter attacks like Partey can nor does his physical capacity allow him to progress the ball long distances with his dribbling.

Tbf I think he can does the odd time, the only problem is Ceballos cant pass to himself so he has no options.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If nothing happen in few hours time it won't happen its difficult to activate his release clause in deadline. So let's see

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Get this signing done.

As @Impact mentions above and something I have spoken to before, this is the most important signing we make this summer. Partey allows us to firstly move to a 3 man midfield and secondly improve our ability to control the middle of the park, both in defense and effectively transitioning to attack. This gives u options beyond U shaped passing and set pieces when playing teams who sit off us.

This signing is more important that Auoar and should be prioritised.

Impact

Established Member
Is Partey a box to box or a dm. Doesn't he sit at the base of the midfield covering for Koke and Saul.

Atleti's system is quite defensive but Partey's role changes depending on the opponent and his role is much more fluid for Ghana. He can play as a strict holding player and as a more defensive-minded box-to-box option (in a two but probably not as an interior in a three).

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Like if we were gonna get this done you'd imagine Arteta would've been more positive about transfers. He'd know if the club are willing to spend 45-50 million up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom