• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu & Vinai: The Dream Team

gunnergoa

The thing is that even if Kroenke give them money from his pocket. I still do not trust them to spend it wisely. We will still go for the likes of Xakha,Mustafi of the world

Aubamagoal

Absolute disaster by Edu.

Spent half the summer trying to offer Guendouzi to other teams after driving down his value by going public with internal issues. Failed to move him on and now we have a talented but disgrunted kid rotting away.

Kept Rob Holding when we could have recouped some money from loaning him out. Why isn’t Saliba given a chance? What was the point of signing Mari?

Didn’t sell Torreira to Italy when given the chance. Now we got Atlerico a loan with an OPTION to buy. Basically depriving us of money for Aouar or Partey.

Released Mikhi on a free.

Mustafi still here.

Elneny still here.

Sokratis still here.

Signed Mari and Cedric who lined up his buddy Kias pocket.

**** off Edu

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Everton got a good manager, he was allowed to sign the 3/4 players he wanted and they are top atm.

I’m not even sure we have the team to beat Sheffield Utd tomorrow, I think it’ll be a draw.

The point is that they signed players to fit the system. He didn't go for players that have massive names.

Doucoure has been available for years at a reasonable fee. Is he better than Partey? No. Would he improve us? Ofcourse he would. He wouldn't improve us as much as Partey would, but it is still an improvement.

Ceballos, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Elneny.

They simply do not have the running power and physicality we need in the centre of the pitch to compete with teams in the premier league.

We have to make incremental improvements. Even if you buy Doucoure now and upgrade on him in 2 years he is still useful to have around.

Allan has instantly adapted to the league due to the type of player he is.

We are genuinely acting like there are no players that can improve us.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The point is that they signed players to fit the system. He didn't go for players that have massive names.

Doucoure has been available for years at a reasonable fee. Is he better than Partey? No. Would he improve us? Ofcourse he would. He wouldn't improve us as much as Partey would, but it is still an improvement.

Ceballos, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Elneny.

They simply do not have the running power and physicality we need in the centre of the pitch to compete with teams in the premier league.

We have to make incremental improvements. Even if you buy Doucoure now and upgrade on him in 2 years he is still useful to have around.

Allan has instantly adapted to the league due to the type of player he is.

We are genuinely acting like there are no players that can improve us.
The signs have been there for a while:
1. Cedric - taking a backup FB was a sign that the club was happy to keep Bellerin, the player who regressed the most from our squad. No intention to improve the position
2. Xhaka - after the incident, the club decided to keep him as a key part of the team even though we've had persistent problems with the player and his lack of mobility. The fix to add additional player because your midfield can't defend is not worth the investment because there's so little Xhaka offer to our game. I think this was probably the easiest position to improve, as you've said, we didn't have to get someone expensive to improve on him, and Xhaka would probably get us some 15-20m. Just like with Bellerin, the club is confident that Xhaka has what it takes to get us where we want to be, and I'm saying they are definitely wrong in both cases.
3. Elneny - having him back can only result in AMN and Willock having a hard time getting any minutes in their preferred position, simply because the club thinks that Elneny has more experience in sideways passing. While I'm not sure if either of them will be a top player one day, they can both offer more in a 3 man midfield with their physicality. Again, the acceptance of mediocrity just because the guy will "give his all" is shocking to me.

Obviously, as a fan, I can't say how close we were with Partey or someone else of that caliber, but the players I've mentioned will take a big part in our season and we could've improved on them even with a limited budget.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Spent half the summer trying to offer Guendouzi to other teams after driving down his value by going public with internal issues. Failed to move him on and now we have a talented but disgrunted kid rotting away.

Kept Rob Holding when we could have recouped some money from loaning him out. Why isn’t Saliba given a chance? What was the point of signing Mari?

Didn’t sell Torreira to Italy when given the chance. Now we got Atlerico a loan with an OPTION to buy. Basically depriving us of money for Aouar or Partey.

Mustafi still here.

Elneny still here.

Sokratis still here.

**** off Edu

Tbf the Holding/Saliba situation is clearly something decided by Arteta. Arteta wanted to keep Holding because of our current lack of RCB options. Clearly feels that Saliba isn't ready.

Mustafi and Sokratis are proving difficult to sell, but there's only so much Edu can do unless we do what we did for Mkhitaryan or even Torreira. On Torreira, he clearly only wanted Atletico once they became interested and you can't force him to go to somewhere like Torino when a big club like Atletico want you of course he would only want to move there. And from Atletico's perspective why would they want an obligation to buy when he's flopped at Arsenal? Of course they want to see him over the course of a season before making a decision.

Mari/Cedric I think definitely right to criticise him for that, but who was the driving force in that Raul or Edu? Also APPARENTLY Arteta was happy with both signings.

I think we're being too harsh on Edu here, this is the first summer he's been the main man in charge. He's inherited a horrible situation, in the middle of a global pandemic. I think he deserves some leeway tbh. Over time if things don't improve I think he should get criticised but we can't lose perspective either.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tbf the Holding/Saliba situation is clearly something decided by Arteta. Arteta wanted to keep Holding because of our current lack of RCB options. Clearly feels that Saliba isn't ready.

Mustafi and Sokratis are proving difficult to sell, but there's only so much Edu can do unless we do what we did for Mkhitaryan or even Torreira. On Torreira, he clearly only wanted Atletico once they became interested and you can't force him to go to somewhere like Torino when a big club like Atletico want you of course he would only want to move there. And from Atletico's perspective why would they want an obligation to buy when he's flopped at Arsenal? Of course they want to see him over the course of a season before making a decision.

Mari/Cedric I think definitely right to criticise him for that, but who was the driving force in that Raul or Edu? Also APPARENTLY Arteta was happy with both signings.

I think we're being too harsh on Edu here, this is the first summer he's been the main man in charge. He's inherited a horrible situation, in the middle of a global pandemic. I think he deserves some leeway tbh. Over time if things don't improve I think he should get criticised but we can't lose perspective either.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the Mari signing. He is a back up lcb. If Gabriel is injured or suspended it doesn't change how we play out.

However, Soares was ridiculous. When you look at Jusin James. It makes no sense to have an old back up player. Why not have a youngster who may one day surpass Bellerin rather than someone who adds nothing to our game. There is nothing Soares does that a young player couldn't do.

I also feel we neglect the left side of our defence. We talk about squad balance. If Kola goes, we have Saka as back up full back or AMN as back up. They both prevent us from playing a back 4. It would have made more sense to buy a back up left back than a back up RB in Soares.

I don't know anymore. I will wait until Monday evening to have a melt down, because as it stands we have no chance of getting top 4 even with the tactical tweaks from Arteta.

Stop our ball progression down the left, sit deep and press our slow midfielders and you have us. If Auba doesn't score, who scores when Laca stops firing.

Kav

Established Member
I don't think there is anything wrong with the Mari signing. He is a back up lcb. If Gabriel is injured or suspended it doesn't change how we play out.

However, Soares was ridiculous. When you look at Jusin James. It makes no sense to have an old back up player. Why not have a youngster who may one day surpass Bellerin rather than someone who adds nothing to our game. There is nothing Soares does that a young player couldn't do.

I also feel we neglect the left side of our defence. We talk about squad balance. If Kola goes, we have Saka as back up full back or AMN as back up. They both prevent us from playing a back 4. It would have made more sense to buy a back up left back than a back up RB in Soares.

I don't know anymore. I will wait until Monday evening to have a melt down, because as it stands we have no chance of getting top 4 even with the tactical tweaks from Arteta.

Stop our ball progression down the left, sit deep and press our slow midfielders and you have us. If Auba doesn't score, who scores when Laca stops firing.
To be fair we needed a back up Rb to Bellerin as AMN doesn’t fit that role. We have Kola and Tierney so a back up LB could only be had in this window. I doubt they would think that they are going to shift Kola so soon after getting Tierney.

While soares was not my choice (Aarons from Norwich) I understand the move. It was cheap as well which indicates to me that the club has very little money to spend.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think we're being too harsh on Edu here, this is the first summer he's been the main man in charge. He's inherited a horrible situation, in the middle of a global pandemic. I think he deserves some leeway tbh.
I’d agree on giving him some leeway but he’s completely and utterly failed. If he had a bad summer then fair enough but I’m struggling to think of how he could do worse than what we’re seeing.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
Edunce.

No longer an invincible in my eyes. Disgraceful first summer and you’ve got to be worried for the future of our recruitment without this guy in charge.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member

Mustafi still here.

Elneny still here.

Sokratis still here.

**** off Edu
When you put it like that, some questions definitely need to be asked, first off for the Kroenke's for his appointment and secondly what is he here for, just to call Portuguese speaking players and talk them into joining ?,

I was originally excited to have edu a former player joining the club, but on second thought this is looking like a complete disaster, I mean honestly when you think about it, what exactly has he done to warrant such a high position at our club other than be a former player, get in the bin.

scytheavatar

Established Member
3. Elneny - having him back can only result in AMN and Willock having a hard time getting any minutes in their preferred position

How many minutes did those 2 have in their "preferred position" last season when Elneny wasn't here? Maybe Arteta simply doesn't they are that good in that "preferred position"?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
How many minutes did those 2 have in their "preferred position" last season when Elneny wasn't here? Maybe Arteta simply doesn't they are that good in that "preferred position"?
He also thought that Xhaka was our best midfielder and that Willian should start ahead of Pepe, which turned out to be completely wrong

Managers need time to figure out what works, and players like AMN and Joe need a chance, nothing else. If it's not working, so be it

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Credit where credit is due, we hoped they'd wait until the last minute to activate the release clause to fk over Atletico after they tapped up Torreria and thats what they did. This is like the time Roy Keane waited 2 years to break that lads leg after he said something to him. Very few people said anything to him afterwards.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

The outgoings weren’t good enough tbh but I suppose the players we’re trying to shift are just that ****

Latest posts+

Top Bottom