• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2020 Transfer Deadline Day

How do you expect DD to go for Arsenal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'd have bet everything that this wasn't happening. Somebody please explain to me how we pulled ot of signing Aouar because we wouldn't go higher, but have gone to £45m for Partey? Maybe that's all we had and Lyon wanted more than £45m? I am shamed at this.
Aouar brother (agent) wanted huge agent fee after we agreed 50M euros with Lyon we didn't want to do that and seem also Aouar was more towards staying than leaving.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

dd0.jpg

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I'd have bet everything that this wasn't happening. Somebody please explain to me how we pulled ot of signing Aouar because we wouldn't go higher, but have gone to £45m for Partey? Maybe that's all we had and Lyon wanted more than £45m? I am shamed at this.

only explanation is that we think Partey is worth more and when Lyon tried to force us to pay so much, we just shrugged and went with Partey.

Iceman10

Established Member

Looks like we wanted Aouar and Partey (with a set budget), but if we could only sign one it would be Partey. Probably because Partey is more experienced and developed, theoretically less adjustment time.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Seriously. This signing was all I wanted this window and the windows before. Never thought we would ever get it over the line.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Maybe they were just like "ok we're gonna go a bit into debt but f*ck it let's go for top 4".

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

We wanted both, but couldn't afford to activate the RC for Partey + pay 40m+ for Aouar.

We then tried various ways to get Partey with a player + cash deal, but they didn't want to negotiate.

We then went on to bid for Aouar, however it seems that he wanted to stay, and thus ultimately rejected us.

Which now means that we can afford paying Partey's RC, and thus leave Atleti firmly in the mud. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom