• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu & Vinai: The Dream Team

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Edu got saved from abuse because of Partey deal. anyway all in all a good window from them Got Gabriel who look steal and Willian who is experienced even tho most people not convinced about him including me and got Partey who is world class midfielder. not to mention the Auba Saka Martinelli new contracts. got decent fee from Martinez who few months ago was worth 5M at best.

The only failure is lack of sales we still have 8 cb's at club still i think we not the only one who fail to sell clubs like Manutd Chelsea also failed.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Guess they aren't as fraudulent as it seemed.

Edu let you know he was cooking up something for a Partey but ya’ll never got the hint...

EhahVXZX0Aopf_w

108199927_10158229619827713_1149803373157411632_o.jpg

‘twas never in doubt

blaze_of_glory

If Willian can pick it up then we've had a very good window for signings I think. Gabriel looks the real deal and Partey by all accounts will be excellent. Too bad about Aouar but can't have everything. Hopefully we can move more players on in January.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Better late than never boys, well done...

n-HvML.gif

...Partey, Willian, Gabriel and Auba extended...great window!

akhil

Not much we can do about the players on their last year. They're just on too high wages. Every other club who might be interested in them is broke too.

We should try Aouar again in January. Less than 3 months away. We can still sell Chambers and Kolasinac.

Not bad considering the circumstances in 2020.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Some more outs and aouar would have been a 10/10 window.

Happy with this for now. Let's continue this next season.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Definitely hats off to Edu and co. for getting the Partey deal over the line.
I think having Arteta be involved is massive since he can give the final say and explain the importance of signing a player like Partey to his team.
Still not happy about the players that we couldnt offload but thats more down to the high wages they are on and the lack of interest in our players.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Like say yes mentioned, it's hard to give Edu & Vinai too much credit for paying a release clause because the groundwork was done a year ago by different people. Also they failed to sell any CBs and didn't pass the Aulas test.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The Partey deal literally worked like clockwork from start to finish. Incredible planning and preparation to do something that had clearly been planned for a long time.

You have to feel that we were very close to getting both, Partey was inevitable and it was purely a negotiation tactic (that almost came off) to do what we did.

I have immense respect for Edu, bloke looked like a zombie at the sheffield united game. He and everyone else are working hard to get this club back where it belongs.

Make CL football and we are in for a treat next summer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Like say yes mentioned, it's hard to give Edu & Vinai too much credit for paying a release clause because the groundwork was done a year ago by different people. Also they failed to sell any CBs and didn't pass the Aulas test.

They didn't fail the Aulas test. Aouar's agent was ordering a huge commission to be taken. Deal would have been done otherwise.

Considering the circumstances with covid they did an excellent job and they didn't just stand still because we have a large squad.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Yeah they didn’t fail any Aulas test. They just paid £45m in one go for Partey so we know they could’ve paid €50-60m for Aouar in a more conventionally structured deal. They either decided he wasn’t worth the money or Aouar backed out of the move for whatever reason. Nothing to do with Aulas.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

From the things I’ve read, I would say they failed the Aulas test.
Insiders describe Edu’s and Juninho’s talks as “two kids trying to learn how to ride a tri-cycle”. Edu went to his friend instead of his Dad who runs the place, which was reportedly the error. Auoar’s head got turned once Zidane made a call too.

Ballsy and ambitious to sign Auoar though, it’s ok to get things wrong as long as you try. I liked Edu’s approach in the end, it was calm and well planned out.

I think Raul would have had an easier time shifting players with his connections as well. We got x amount for Iwobi didn’t we.

Top Bottom