• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
If we aren't bringing anyone in can we just buy him off of Madrid this summer. He'll only increase in value from this point.

Pyres7

If he is leaving Real next summer we'll always be his preferred option. You cant force Real to put obligation in the loan if they didnt want it...at least we make him feel at home here, and whatever happens next we'll have a good chance. we'll know perfectly well how much we are willing to offer for him in the summer, no two ways around it
Other clubs will come sniffing if he plays well enough this season. Or Real might decide to keep him after all. Modric is a pensioner and Kroos is in his 30s too so I could see them keeping him, especially if they want to spend all their money on a forward.

We're all complaining about our midfield now but next year we might have to decide whether to use our budget to sign Ceballos, or go all in on Aouar again and let Ceballos go. Even more drama to look forward to next summer. :confused:

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Should be a definite starter, he's great at carrying the ball under pressure and he seems to be finding the creative side of his we were expecting, feels like he creates at least one very good chance every game, and with how little we create atm, that seems vital.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We're very lucky to have him on loan. Forget about Aouar, save the cash to make a 60m bid for him next season.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Perhaps we should've just concentrated on Partey? It's probably too late now but Dani might be creative enough that we just need the midfield "presence".

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
If we lose him next summer, we will have one heck of a rebuilding to do.

Therein lies the problem of the deal we currently have. No option or obligation to buy.

So, if he continues to perform and develop well, we'll either have to pay a ridiculous amount of money next summer or Real might as well decide to keep him. Or at best, just loan him again with the same downsides to the deal. Love the player, hate that we're basically Reals ***** here.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We're very lucky to have him on loan. Forget about Aouar, save the cash to make a 60m bid for him next season.
I am happy with his performance this season, but these are two totally different players. Ceballos can't do what Aouar does in terms of creativity.

Impact

Established Member
Ceballos has made excellent progress since the restart last season. He looks comfortable in one of the midfield pivot positions and has been incredibly helpful to us progressing play with quality and speed.

Arteta has continually made soundings to suggest that Ceballos can play further forward. Be interested to see if us signing Partey facilitates that happening. It didn’t work under Emery but that may have been a combination of a lack of fitness/match readiness on Ceballos’ part and the general lack of clarity around Emery’s tactical strategy.

One to watch.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Ceballos has made excellent progress since the restart last season. He looks comfortable in one of the midfield pivot positions and has been incredibly helpful to us progressing play with quality and speed.

Arteta has continually made soundings to suggest that Ceballos can play further forward. Be interested to see if us signing Partey facilitates that happening. It didn’t work under Emery but that may have been a combination of a lack of fitness/match readiness on Ceballos’ part and the general lack of clarity around Emery’s tactical strategy.

One to watch.

When I first saw Ceballos I thought he was a natural no.10 and was playing too deep. Now he seems to have adapted to a traditional CM role I feel as though it might be a waste to scrap that and throw him into a primary creator role.

With Partey on board, I'd suggest having a two of Ceballos/Xhaka against weaker opposition and against stronger opposition bringing in Thomas to break up the opposition midfield Partey.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Big misunderstanding around here is that Ceballos has adapted to that position. He's always been a pivot player, as far back as Betis. There he played as the most advanced 8 in a 3, at Madrid when he played under Zidane he was used quite similarly to how he was here.

One of the things that Arteta said when he got here was that Ceballos is more effective coming from deep, that he is not a 10. Because he isn't. The comments made by Arteta re: playing him a bit more forward were more just talking about relying on him a bit more creatively, but his position will be and is in a midfield two or three, he's not a 10.

“Defensively he can play in a two, rather than as a number 10. I don’t really see him as an isolated number 10 playing with two holding midfielder.

“He’s a very creative player, one who can cause problems in the final third, he always wants the ball, he had beig personality to play so I like him.”

https://arseblog.news/2020/01/arteta-ceballos-can-fit-our-style-but-hes-not-a-number-10/

Impact

Established Member
When I first saw Ceballos I thought he was a natural no.10 and was playing too deep. Now he seems to have adapted to a traditional CM role I feel as though it might be a waste to scrap that and throw him into a primary creator role.

With Partey on board, I'd suggest having a two of Ceballos/Xhaka against weaker opposition and against stronger opposition bringing in Thomas to break up the opposition midfield Partey.

Pretty sure Partey walks into our starting 11 irrespective of opposition. It's about how best to utilise Xhaka and Ceballos as options alongside him.

I think it's interesting that Arteta has set up the side so it doesn't have a primary creator as such (maybe due to a lack of options) but it has been about getting two players into the half spaces. It splits the creative burden between two players and makes us less predictable.

In addition with the focus on positional play and repeatable structures, the creative roles rely less on individual magic and more on the technical / mental ability to execute patterns consistently.

In sum, I'd like to see Ceballos given another go there. With our lack of options there, it's worth a try.

Top Bottom