• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
If he is going to be loaned to a championship club that means his mental state is positive which would be a great sign.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Stupid.

Lad was exceptional in Ligue 1, why send him down to the Championship?
so he can get plenty of game time and also get used to English football and England. We can then bring him into the first team next season.

billyf

I believe Leeds and Bielsa is the most suitable club for our youngsters to be loaned at.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Stupid.

Lad was exceptional in Ligue 1, why send him down to the Championship?
Experience. He won't play every week here, whereas in the Championship he can acclimatise away from the media glare. If he was making mistakes in the PL, it could destroy him mentally.

BobP

Memri Fan
so he can get plenty of game time and also get used to English football and England. We can then bring him into the first team next season.

Not sure I'm convinced by the acclimatisation argument, or rather, not convinced sending Saliba down to a league that's beneath his talent level for the sake of acclimatisation is a good idea.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Not sure I'm convinced by the acclimatisation argument, or rather, not convinced sending Saliba down to a league that's beneath his talent level for the sake of acclimatisation is a good idea.
Completely agree.

We already gave him a year to continue his development in a known environment. We should just create the right circumstances in our own squad to slowly introduce him. Use this half year to play him alongside a more experienced CB against the smaller teams, if he does well give him more gametime. If he doesn't do too well, focus on cup and Europa.

Our current crop of CB's is a bunch of plumbers and Gabriel. If he's as good as he's said to be he'll fit in in no time at all.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I dont get this beneath his talent level argument
He will up against tough STs that will challenge him aerially and physically, on a level he has never been challenged before. Surely this is a good step for him
At Arsenal he would get little or no game time, loan him out and let him get experience and game time makes sense to me

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Expecting anything from him this season was extremely hooeful

He's a teenage centre back

BobP

Memri Fan
I dont get this beneath his talent level argument
He will up against tough STs that will challenge him aerially and physically, on a level he has never been challenged before. Surely this is a good step for him
At Arsenal he would get little or no game time, loan him out and let him get experience and game time makes sense to me

Typical English arrogance.

This kid put in some commanding performances at Ligue 1 level, and you think the likes of Deeney and Murray will be a challenge for him?

Goonger

By the time he gets a game in the Championship it will be the middle of October. Will only be 10 weeks from the January window opening.

Why not keep him for the Europa League group stage games, while Mari, Chambers & Mustafi are coming back from injury? Mari might be back first so a combo of him & Saliba would have good balance.

Then, in January, we can reassess then, & get him a loan in the EPL if need be.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Would like to see Saliba stay, honestly I can't think of anyone who could make more mistakes than Luiz. He shouldve had a red against Sheffield Utd and was at fault for the goal we conceded. We're so used to his ****ness that we over look how crap he is.

Impact

Established Member
Typical English arrogance.

This kid put in some commanding performances at Ligue 1 level, and you think the likes of Deeney and Murray will be a challenge for him?

Troy Deeney has consistently been a challenge to top level PL defenders. Watford being relegated doesn’t negate that reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom