• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Everyone mad at Özil sitting and collecting tons of money. Guy offers some of it up to a guy who just got let go and people get even madder.

What a world.
This bizarrely ignores all context though. Tell me again why like most of his other charity and goodwill work he does he couldn't do this in private? Or why this job and this man matters any more to him than all the other people we let go? Is it perhaps because it's a prime PR opportunity, something Özil and his team are masters at taking advantage of?

I'm not going to defend Arsenal on this and the gesture itself from Özil is a good one with hopefully a positive outcome for the employee but for me it comes from ill intent, it seems it's as much about hurting Arsenal as it is about being kind to another. I suppose depending on how you spin it, it doesn't really matter but it leaves a pretty sour taste for me. Oh well, he'll be gone soon enough and we won't ever have to hear about him again...right? :lol:

sdotzdot

Established Member
Haha this guy is an absolute joke.

Retired years ago when he could have left to reignite his career but didn’t purely for money

Refused a tiny pay cut (that would be reimbursed) when all other players did

Had no involvement in assisting the redundant staff (not saying he should have at all it’s not his duty but since he wants to play the high and mighty card let’s talk about this)

Then wants to take a chance to further enhance his “oh look at me I’m a generous saint” persona by leeching off the news atm surrounding gunnersaurus :facepalm: But sure of course, his intentions are clearly innocent.

Can’t wait for next summer.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

100% dig at the club. He could have done that privately, I am sure he does lots of good privately.

He is rocking the boat.

Fantastic one if it's aimed at our callous owners.

They're a shameless lot who care nothing for the people who live & breathe for Arsenal.

The sweet thing is they can't sack Özil for stepping out of line as he's pretty much a rebel already whilst this manages to highlight their monstrous greed more & more.

All in all a brilliant PR stunt by Özil & his vindictive entourage :lol::lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think people who say this just do so to feel good about the rumors they choose to believe.

No evidence to support
- laziness
- arrogance
- doing the minimum.

The evidence is to the contrary actually, from team mates comments and his actions.

I like how people expect him to waive his contract terms, for what reason exactly - so they can be happy. why does his own happiness not matter? why should he bend over and be ****ed from behind because the management want to treat him badly. The same people that say he has weak mentality will say he's being stubborn and refusing to fall and die. You've got to choose one story, come on.
He could work hard and get back into the team. Mourinho has called him out as has Emery and Arteta. He does the bare minimum as expected of a footballer. And that's absolutely fine. That's his choice his decision and if that makes him happy that's grand. If he wants to sit on his contract and not even try to play that's his right, but then see Bale moving to Sp**s. I'm sure he isn't on less money but he is still playing.

I have my opinion. Its backed up by on field displays for many years both for us and Germany. Lazy, half hearted, disinterested amongst others. And that's what we are seeing now. He isn't bothered if he plays or not. And that's fine if he is happy, great. Im happy for him. But he could have done so much more and its a damn shame his talent has been wasted for the last few years. And I hope he doesn't look back with regret wondering why he didn't push himself to do the maximum when he had the chance. His money will last a life time his career as a top level footballer is nearly over. And he doesn't give a **** when he should be trying to extract and savor every last drop. That's what separates the Ronaldo and Messis of the world from pretenders. It's what separates the Milners from this world from wannabes with talent and no drive. Alexis could have stayed on the bench at United earning a ton instead he is off at Inter trying to win things.

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
gee.....all he did was offer to save a mascots job. Its not like he is super busy anyways. He joined a club that played sexy football, and then the brexity incels set up such a whining that Wenger quit and bum squad manager emery took over. Then come the greasy shysters like Raul etc to finish whatever was left of the club.

jaystewart

He's been making a mockery of the corporate/media facet of the club all year. It's the least likeable part of football yet they have on overbearing amount of power on those who create the value. Somebody ought to be the antagonist & he's basically sacked at this point so why not.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
gee.....all he did was offer to save a mascots job. Its not like he is super busy anyways. He joined a club that played sexy football, and then the brexity incels set up such a whining that Wenger quit and bum squad manager emery took over. Then come the greasy shysters like Raul etc to finish whatever was left of the club.
Its doing stuff that makes the club look bad. I think he could still contribute on the pitch, but he seems to have made his bed, much like Guendouzi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom