• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Papa Wonga

Established Member
I Think he gets a lot of unwarranted flak, Yeah he's a **** to us out of all his other sport ventures, but these last few months he's bought out our debt, he gave arteta the player he wanted. When you take into account the debt and the partey transfer he's spent £200m this year.

On top of that we have a MASSIVE opportunity to play around with wages next summer thank's to getting rid of the highly paid wankfest we have in deadwood. I think next summer will be our biggest ever imho, if the market is stable.

This is not in anyway me saying I love the owners, I'm saying they're dicks, but in the last few months thats been downgraded to semi-dicks. Although I might re-upgrade to dicks after not paying the money for aouar and ****ing around all window when thomas could've been here start of august.

tenor.gif

FinnGooner

Established Member
I'm not sure if there is a thread on this or where it's being discussed if at all. But, are we going to talk about the fact that we spunked 45m on a player yet fired 55 people?

How can we reconcile that?

I know people defended the sackings with excuses about Covid, loss revenue, stadium is closed etc etc.

But this isn't Arsenal. I get we're a business, the club will save every bit it can in wages. I just find it hard to stomach. Some of the people the club let go may not have found work yet and they worked for far less than the players do. We should have taken care of our own. Instead we cried broke, fired people then turned around and made big money signings in the transfer market.

DM Kroenke. None of us can do anything about it

say yes

forum master baiter
I’m critical of the Kroenke’s a lot, but I think they deserve a huge amount of credit this summer.

Don’t think many clubs have been hit as badly by the pandemic as us, yet they’ve stuck their hand into their own pocket to help us out. Restructured our debts and then underwrote our transfer business. Genuinely didn’t see that coming: I’m slightly shocked.

They’re never going to be sugar daddy oligarchs but, equally, spending their own money to help us out is not how Americans owners typically run a franchise. Credit where it’s due.

scytheavatar

Established Member
We are not a charity organization, if we want to be a big club hiring many people we need to show results on the pitch. Which will require us signing players like Partey. If we can't produce results then we are no bigger a club than Everton and should downsize ourselves accordingly.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't really blame him.
You all **** about how Liverpool is run. But how much has FSG spent on Liverpool under Klopp?
Most of their spendings is from player sales. We have a higher NetSpend than them in the past 5 years.

We've spent money but no one wants to admit it because it's easier to cast Kroenke as the bad guy.

Last summer, the fans were on the verge of rioting but Kroenke threw some money our way and suddenly acting like he's the best owner.

Look at our raw spend in the past five years but somehow, were getting outperformed by teams like Leicester.

It's not Kroenke's fault that we blew 100m on Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez in 2016.
Or that we renewed Elneny or kept bringing in **** CBs when it was painfully obvious that we needed just a quality one.
Or is it his fault we left the midfield neglected for the past half decade?

I don't believe for a second that FSG is a better owner than KSE.

Liverpool is just better organized.
You can't stop this, 'we've spent loads of money' posting. It's as if the Kroenke's are doing their best, but all our managers have been ****ing it up.

When the price of each 25 man squad is published by CIES later this month you need to take a good long look at it.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hardly an elephant in the room. Our core business is football not burger sales or apartment sales. We need a football team not burger flippers. Scouting has been streamlined another job lost to automation.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure if there is a thread on this or where it's being discussed if at all. But, are we going to talk about the fact that we spunked 45m on a player yet fired 55 people?

I know people defended the sackings with excuses about Covid, loss revenue, stadium is closed etc etc.

But this isn't Arsenal. I get we're a business, the club will save every bit it can in wages. I just find it hard to stomach. Some of the people the club let go may not have found work yet and they worked for far less than the players do. We should have taken care of our own. Instead we cried broke, fired people then turned around and made big money signings in the transfer market.
The club is trying to operate efficiently and trying to streamline it's operation.
We have far higher number of employees than city and Chelsea. Even after the 55 redundancies, we still have more employees than them.

The club is just trying to trim the fat.

Makavelii

Also I heard something about the strategy to build from the ground up with a more data oriented approach? Following the Liverpool way to success. Sounds like a good idea.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Like Macho said it isnt related to money. Would be a bit ridiculous to think like that when we only make a saving of around 20-50k a year per person.

Streamlining the organisation to make it more efficient. Was always going to happen with the shake up at board level. If we wasn't in the middle of a pandemic nobody would batter an eyelid at it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

With all due respect my friend, it doesn’t seem that you get we are a business at all.

Greed is good
Nice guys come last
Sh1t rolls downhill

Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the worst of men, for the worst of reasons, will work for the benefit of us all.

74a4821e21844c91898f1e7e7884a122.gif

Jason Jace

Job losses happens, it's part of life, most people on this forums has lost their jobs as a result of one thing or another at some point in their lives

The club is restructuring, trying to streamline it operations and trying to cut uneccasay expenditures
Just last week Chevron announced that they were gonna reduced their number of employees worldwide
It happens and life goes on

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You can't stop this, 'we've spent loads of money' posting. It's as if the Kroenke's are doing their best, but all our managers have been ****ing it up.

When the price of each 25 man squad is published by CIES later this month you need to take a good long look at it.

We are at almost £700M spent since 14/15 now. Tell me that's not enough to build a top squad.

In the past two summers we're now up to £220M spent and a net spend of £150M.

With Tierney, Pepe, Partey, Gabriel, Saliba, Martinelli, Luiz and Ceballos coming in those two summers.

Managers can **** up you know, no matter how much you love them.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Players are capital expenditure, an investment so you could say. Any cost that doesn't bring in revenue is an expense.

Best to view anything to do with the pitch as a separate business, as others have said we were streamlining too. These staff cuts would/should have happened regardless of Covid.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

In addition we kicked Raul out from the management department. It was not just kicking low-paid workers, but scouts too when they thought they're not needed in similar amounts. Also not the usual way in which the management keeps their high-paid jobs untouched while low-paid people suffer.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

The money we spent on Partey will go down as £45m/4 each year so. £12.5m negative on balance sheet. Gabriel will go down as £22m/5 so £4.2m negative. Martinez almost balances this out from an FFP point of view as his sale will all count this year.

However in the real world we've spent £72m on two players in the context of large losses.

Last edited:

Corbulo

The elephant has left the room a long time ago and he's enjoying himself in the savannas. The beautiful game no longer exists. We are captive consumers of a worldwide business where not much, if any, consideration is given to the fans' perspective on the game. Football has lost its core identity and its connection with the fans in its quest to become a global corporate entity. Feels like a futile conversation.

Just look at the irony of this: Emirates Stadium - Victoria Concordia Crescit.
1200px-Emirates_Stadium_-_panoramio_%281%29.jpg

Here's also a picture of Franco Foda, Austria national team coach wearing a Raiffeisen Bank pin.

austria-v-north-macedonia-uefa-euro-2020-qualifier-5e5e7a8212eb9afb6a000001.jpg

Latest posts+

Top Bottom