• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I gotta hand it to you, that's very committed, even if you compliment yourself.

I'd say even obsessed, just wow! I wonder how much time did it take?
probably much lesser time in counting than the bum squad took in posting

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If we did remove those two from the thread it would make things a lot better in here.

Think the people not filled with blind hatred for Özil just want to talk about the current situation without having those two try to ruin everything. :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
No one really wins. We wasted a **** load of money & he has squandered years of potential game time while ruining his status in the eyes of many.

Linking the AWOL periods to any one manager or issue is pointless. It started right after the Wenger announcement & continued ever since... its more weird when the guy back for a few games than missing. :lol:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
my own take on the situation re Özil, (and Papa too perhaps - did he refuse a pay cut?) is that there has been a decision by the board to pay him only the bare minimum of what we have to under the terms of his contract, and exclude all add-ons, and it would be logical if this decision came after he refused the pay cut

if I am right, it means both sides are within their rights to take the stance they have, and fortunately for the team Özil's contribution on the pitch is no longer needed

it's basically in the past now and we should all move on

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If we did remove those two from the thread it would make things a lot better in here.

Think the people not filled with blind hatred for Özil just want to talk about the current situation without having those two try to ruin everything. :lol:
If that really was the case, there’s a bunch of mods and admin on here that’d do something about it, but they can all see it’s pure fantasy and fabrication. I mean, you had someone accuse the ‘haters’ of being islamophobic and racist earlier out of the blue... a post you and a few others ‘liked’ .., before that everything was calm and serene. But yeah, it’s me and Oxeki who kick it all off.

Find me ONE post of any of us ruining any ‘debate’ in here. One...
L

Last edited:

Keplaz

Everyone has lost here but Arsenal more than Özil. They say when you retire all you have are the medals and your memories.

Özil played for the biggest club in the world and won the World Cup. What does he care if Arsenal put him to stud and pay £350k a week for that pleasure?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How many more posts aimed at me by the same poster are going to be moderated before someone decides he should be given a little break?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Ah! So it's me and jury that's stirring the pot, eh?
What about the other Özil fanboy that cry and rant on here everyday and call me and jury all sorts of name. The mods should give him carte blanche while me and jury gets banned because we're the bad guys? :lol:
Every story needs a bad guy. I guess we're the bad guys in this case.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Everyone has lost here but Arsenal more than Özil. They say when you retire all you have are the medals and your memories.

Özil played for the biggest club in the world and won the World Cup. What does he care if Arsenal put him to stud and pay £350k a week for that pleasure?
If Özil was an elite professional who wanted to look back on his career and know that he gave everything at every project he was at, then he would be dissapointed. But yes I think Özil would be happy with winning the world cup and many other titles. I just think that there are a lot of historic players who just didn't want to quit. Its why I dont have too much respect for Özil and Bale as professionals, they were happy to give up.

Of course all the ass kissers will say "why does he have to leave" or "WE offered him the money, he is under contract here" but there are many players who want to play to the full during their career. People **** on Alexis but the guy wanted to win while he was here, he wasn't comfortable taking his pay cheque and giving 75%. He had a problem with the dressing room and club because we weren't ambitious enough. It didnt work out at United but pushed for a move to Inter (and the guy was on 500k a week so if he can do it Özil can) . The same thing happened with Mkhitaryan, he wanted to play football not sit on his arse in London.

This is the thing though with Özil, as soon as you say that people say "why should he leave he is comfortable here, its our fault for giving the money". These people are kind of pathetic, I am well within my right to lose my respect for Özil for what he has done and he is doing. He has decided to sit around and play propoganda games with the club. People who see him as a legend seem to have some warped view of their club. Or they have other reasons why...

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ah! So it's me and jury that's stirring the pot, eh?
What about the other Özil fanboy that cry and rant on here everyday and call me and jury all sorts of name. The mods should give him carte blanche while me and jury gets banned because we're the bad guys? :lol:
Every story needs a bad guy. I guess we're the bad guys in this case.
You're not the bad guys, you two want the best for your club and you aren't impressed with Özil in recent years. Other people seem to have some other weird agenda.

For some they are bringing his past legacy, his activism, nationality and maybe even religion into their thoughts. I respect his activism A LOT but thats in terms of how giving he is, and his morals. It has no effect on what he has achieved for this club as a professional footballer. A lot of players do a lot of charity and in my opinion they really should, I do as much as I can as a recently graduated student with no job so they should be doing even more. The thing is though, we are paying him to play for us and this forum is about football and Arsenal.

A lot of people seem to be bringing other factors into their judgement of him during his tenure here.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
If Özil was an elite professional who wanted to look back on his career and know that he gave everything at every project he was at, then he would be dissapointed. But yes I think Özil would be happy with winning the world cup and many other titles. I just think that there are a lot of historic players who just didn't want to quit. Its why I dont have too much respect for Özil and Bale as professionals, they were happy to give up.

Of course all the ass kissers will say "why does he have to leave" or "WE offered him the money" but there are many players who want to play to the full during their career. People **** on Alexis but the guy wanted to win while he was here, he wasn't comfortable taking his pay cheque and giving 75%. He had a problem with the dressing room and club because we weren't ambitious enough. It didnt work out at United but pushed for a move to Inter (and the guy was on 500k a week so if he can do it Özil can) . The same thing happened with Mkhitaryan, he wanted to play football not sit on his arse in London.

This is the thing though with Özil, as soon as you say that people say "why should he leave he is comfortable here, its our fault for giving the money". These people are kind of pathetic, I am well within my right to lose my respect for Özil for what he has done and he is doing. He has decided to sit around and play propoganda games with the club. People who see him as a legend seem to have some warped view of their club. Or they have other reasons why...
are you guys in bed with kroenke. if so tell him to just pay up and terminate the contract. sanchez had his wages subsidized by united btw.. he didnt sacrifice his earnings for the honour of playing europa league. Welcome to the real world

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
are you guys in bed with kroenke. if so tell him to just pay up and terminate the contract. sanchez had his wages subsidized by united btw.. he didnt sacrifice his earnings for the honour of playing europa league. Welcome to the real world
In bed with Kroenke? I hate him more than anyone else.
Sorry but only agenda merchants pretend there are sides to this kinda ****. The balanced people are fluid in their judgement of things.

You could hate Kroenke and also not have a lot of respect for Özil as a professional.

You could have thought Emery was inept but also think that Özil could have tried more when Emery questioned him. 90% of the forum seemed to take sides on this like we are little babies. I backed the manager originally and slowly realised he wasn't good enough, but I actually see where he was coming from with his thoughts on Özil. The problem is Emery wasn't intelligent enough to execute what he was doing (and didnt have enough respect from the rest of the squad like Arteta does), more importantly he had no idea what kind of PR ****storm was about to follow.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If that really was the case, there’s a bunch of mods and admin on here that’d do something about it, but they can all see it’s pure fantasy and fabrication. I mean, you had someone accuse the ‘haters’ of being islamophobic and racist earlier out of the blue... a post you and a few others ‘liked’ .., before that everything was calm and serene. But yeah, it’s me and Oxeki who kick it all off.

Find me ONE post of any of us ruining any ‘debate’ in here. One...
L
Just a feeling I get man. You know?

if you, @Oxeki and @freeglennhelder2 were banned from this thread it would be plain sailing in here.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Just a feeling I get man. You know?

if you, @Oxeki and @freeglennhelder2 were banned from this thread it would be plain sailing in here.
If you lot politely ****ed off it’d be a whole lot quieter in here too :lol: Unfortunately it’s a public forum and mods do their best to avoid censorship. It’s always one side doing all the crying anyway—you must know this, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom