• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yep, and proves that VAR checked it, and FA hasn't overruled it, so it was a hard enough slap for a red card, no matter how blind some of the posters here are.
Rubbish. The whole internet seems to agree with this:

"According to former FIFA referee Mark Clattenburg, the referee should have treated Erik Lamela and Martial equally.

Clattenburg told Daily Mail: “Had I been refereeing at Old Trafford, I would have preferred to have a word with Anthony Martial and Erik Lamela, tell them to stop behaving like children, caution them both, and get on with the game.

“Like supporters, referees aren’t fond of players who act as if they’ve taken a punch.

Lamela clearly exaggerated the contact, but Martial could not escape the fact he retaliated in the wrong way.

“Anthony Taylor sent him off but there was no action taken against Lamela, who started the altercation.

“For me, you had to treat them equally. Show them both yellow, or both red.

“A caution apiece would have sufficed.”

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Rubbish. The whole internet seems to agree with this:

"According to former FIFA referee Mark Clattenburg, the referee should have treated Erik Lamela and Martial equally.

Clattenburg told Daily Mail: “Had I been refereeing at Old Trafford, I would have preferred to have a word with Anthony Martial and Erik Lamela, tell them to stop behaving like children, caution them both, and get on with the game.

“Like supporters, referees aren’t fond of players who act as if they’ve taken a punch.

Lamela clearly exaggerated the contact, but Martial could not escape the fact he retaliated in the wrong way.

“Anthony Taylor sent him off but there was no action taken against Lamela, who started the altercation.

“For me, you had to treat them equally. Show them both yellow, or both red.

“A caution apiece would have sufficed.”

You have one ex-referee quote and say whole internet agrees with it. :lol:

Anyway, you still bring this up as if I have defended Lamela. I haven't.

The hit was clear, Lamela exaggerated it by lying down on the ground, got a yellow for elbow, and Martial was sent off like he should have. FA has not overruled it as far as I know.

Lamela could have been sent off too like I have said. Enough of this repetition now, thanks.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I was interested in their new signing Cavani who turns 34 in February.

Turns out he has missed 38 games since July 2018. Earlier in his career he was basically injury-free player, but it seems age has caught up with him.

Could turn out to be quite expensive player for his contribution. Last professional game he played was 7 months ago.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/edinson-cavani/verletzungen/spieler/48280

I wouldn't be. You've pretty much answered it already.

drippin

Kroenke is like a god compared to Woodward. Just look at the beauties we've got this window

What do you think that this "God" rated Arteta so much that he wanted to give him monetary support in cash for the first time in history?

Your name is "ArtetaOut", can "God" make such mistakes?

ArtetaOut

What do you think that this "God" rated Arteta so much that he wanted to give him monetary support in cash for the first time in history?

Your name is "ArtetaOut", can "God" make such mistakes?

Because Arteta begged him for money and the sugar daddy took pity on him. And we already spent a lot before he joined.

drippin

Just what they need right now...

They're not losing much tbh on his current performance levels. Has one year in contract and an option for another.

Maybe he will start performing well in the last half year of the contract so Real might want him?

Anyway good for us so they have less need for Ceballos.

Reactions: A_G

GunnerShy

They will come good at some point. The season is long and form fluctuates.

They are awful at the moment though. They robbed Brighton of a point. In reality they should have been battered.

The more they drop points early the better for us no doubt. They're no good in defence.

They've still got an expensively assembled and talented squad albeit much of their talent has come through the academy.

As much as we rally against KSE they have got the worst ownership in football. It's scandalous the way they were bought out and saddled with debt to pay for the buyout. Large loans with high interest rates, large sums of money funneled out of the club to service the owners debt on the club...

With Ferguson at the helm success continued and it was less noticeable. Since then, with more cashed up clubs in the league and American ownership who have appointed the wrong people they really have just sunk into mediocrity. They were an economic and trophy winning juggernaut for roughly two decades under Ferguson. Now they are Arsenal with better commercial revenue. But a far less able manager.

They've squandered their economic advantage and Liverpool will shortly overtake them again as the biggest club in England at current rates.
I've little sympathy for the fans as I find many under 40 have this sense of entitlement to winning trophies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Just what they need right now...

Do Real Madrid even want someone like Pogba now? I mean you see how Zidane was with Bale, being a big name isn't enough for him. I can't see him putting up with the same **** United has had to deal with in regards to Pogba. Not necessarily his behaviour, but just his inconsistency, where his reputation just hasn't matched his performances enough. Performances like that City game a couple of years ago are few and far between. I honestly don't see signed someone like Pogba being a massive priority for Zidane. If anything Aouar makes a lot of sense for them provided he continues to progress, I mean for our sake let's hope not but I can see that potentially happening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom