• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,553
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Right but ESR is 2 years younger, off the back of a good loan spell, and still has an excellent chance of making it. "Future success" kinda sounds like he's already failed.

It was only really 2 years ago that Aouar properly burst onto the scene with Lyon. If ESR ends up having a major impact this season then it'd be quite similar to Aouar. There's no guarantees he will of course, but I still think people shouldn't overlook how young he is still. I remember it was until Aaron Ramsey was 22 when he properly started to fulfill his potential, prior to that I saw people on here who would've been happy to sell him to a club like Fulham for peanuts.
I still think it says a lot about Smith Rowe’s position in the club, that we tried so hard to get Auoar. But let’s wait and see how he develops. This is the year, where he needs to show clear development, if he wants a career here.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Can't believe Agents still hold this much power, how can the club not just contact the player and talk to him. "We want you, all is agreed, but we don't want to pay 22% fee to your sleezebag agent, else all is set".

Should be easy.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The brother priced him out for a reason, and I think its because he has been tapped up.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we manage to get him into the club.

idan

Can't believe Agents still hold this much power, how can the club not just contact the player and talk to him. "We want you, all is agreed, but we don't want to pay 22% fee to your sleezebag agent, else all is set".

Should be easy.

i guess the contract prevent the player to communicate himself with the clubs.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

i guess the contract prevent the player to communicate himself with the clubs.
Who would sign that contract lol. Also the clubs haven't signed a contract. They could just send a mail/text message or w/e

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If BDR was still handling negotiations, we'd be lining up with Thiago, Aouar and Partey In midfield against City!

As stated previously, money talks. We could get Aouar next season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still think he will be number 1 target in the coming windows. He is obviously the player Arteta wants, wouldn't be surprised to see us move for him in January provided a few go.

daron christie

Nothing would of changed financially for us from now until a few months so only if Lyon lower his value...best case scenario is we do super well and in a good place at Christmas and edu thinks we could push for title with a little cherry on top...but that’s wishful thinking

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Trust me, it seems Aouar wasn't asked that's why the deal didn't go through. Even his mum had said she'd like to see him go to Juventus.

When you're not bothered about asking a job you ask for a ridiculous amount of salary. Same thing happened here, we're going to ask for a £10m agents fee, if they don't want to pay no bother we'll wait for Juve, PSG or Real to come next year.

Honestly if it was between Partey and Aouar. Partey every day of the week.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not so sure. Apparently Lyon were not the issue.

Both the Athletic (and now Julian Laurens) have said that we were unwilling to pay the agent fees demanded by Aouar’s side:

I heard that.

Hopefully Lyon are screwed financially and they accept less than before but with the agent fees takes it up to the same overall amount. We just need to wait and see.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Should be easy.

The concept of agents is not wrong. The club's are massive multi-million/billion pound companies so negotiating a deal for yourself without representation as a player who probably doesn't have anything more than GCSEs is asking to be taken for a ride.

The power and influence they have now it too great though. There must be a way to regulate this. The agent should only get a fee from the player, a percentage of their wages. How much the player determines their services are worth is up to them.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

The concept of agents is not wrong. The club's are massive multi-million/billion pound companies so negotiating a deal for yourself without representation as a player who probably doesn't have anything more than GCSEs is asking to be taken for a ride.

The power and influence they have now it too great though. There must be a way to regulate this. The agent should only get a fee from the player, a percentage of their wages. How much the player determines their services are worth is up to them.

This is key imo. And i can't believe they think a deal shouldn't go through because their agent should earn as much as the players. Also the problem seems to be that the agents gatekeep the players. I still think players should get the offers that the agents get. Can't believe they don't tbh.

Moah

Imagine Arteta saying that players will have to absolutely want to come here and then go after this piece of ****.

Let's play Emile Smith-Rowe instead, a proper Gunner who is a bigger talent anyway!
The guy never wanted to come here. The 'Personal terms agreed' phrase was being thrown around without actual proof. He thought he deserves to be in a better team than us.

I don't want us to ever be in his chase anymore. I may come of as being salty, but I never saw the tremendous quality everyone said he had.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I will be happy if we go back in for him in Jan or next summer but at the same time we have Saka. He has shown he can became a fantastic midfielder, and ESR still hasnt gotten a sustained chance in the first team.

I think there are a few good creative midfielders out there and in our squad. Partey was the true marquee signing this summer. We are going to get a lift from him while Aouar could have been another slow starter like Pepe and Ndombele.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This boy is holding out for Madrid.

By all means we should go hard in January, but I doubt things will change. That brother agent clown of his will continue to deliberately block the move, until Madrid or other bigger clubs come calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom