• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: My Life and Lessons In Red & White

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
5628.jpg

Mourinho doesn't get a mention in the book but he does get to ask a question in this.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/11/Arsène-wenger-arsenal-manager-football

Last edited:

Corbulo

I will buy this but my expectations are low. Autobiographies are usually boring. I'm not impressed with the excerpts either.

It's very difficult to write an absorbing, intriguing and disturbing autobiography. You must write things you would never dare confide to anyone.
This has nothing to do with Wenger though. It's just how a standard autobiography looks like, where the author is detailing his incredible deeds and exploits, polishing up his image to impress the reader.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I will buy this but my expectations are low. Autobiographies are usually boring. I'm not impressed with the excerpts either.

It's very difficult to write an absorbing, intriguing and disturbing autobiography. You must write things you would never dare confide to anyone.
This has nothing to do with Wenger though. It's just how a standard autobiography looks like, where the author is detailing his incredible deeds and exploits, polishing up his image to impress the reader.

I don't care. It will be very interesting stuff nonetheless. History, more his thoughts/thinking & vision.

Makavelii

drippin

Just pay the monthly fee for one month. You’ll get the audiobook for free with that. Then cancel it once you’re finished.

Only problem is that I don't know if I listen it that fast.

I'd think it's possible to buy the book only without monthly fee, just wanted confirmation.

Makavelii

I'd think it's possible to buy the book only without monthly fee, just wanted confirmation.

I would guess it’s possible but I’ve never used any other service except Audible. Maybe ask on reddit r/books.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I am expecting this book to be a "boring account", more philosophical than tabloid type material.

Why, well simply because Wenger is class. A man who remains a gentlemen and would take the dirty laundry to his grave. Remind yourself of the nature of this man, and adjust accordingly.

Personally, I have pre-ordered the audiobook, as well as my physical copy. Looking forward to it.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
https://arsenal.news/2020/10/11/Ars...lps-me-understand-human-beings-Arsène-wenger/

This interview should be mandatory reading for any Arsenal fans.

The way he talk of leaving Arsenal as like a marriage breaking up is such a melancholy thing to read. The guy just exudes class. We move on, but I still miss this guy so much, more for his values and personal integrity than even anything football related.

Let's get a statue up outside the Emirates ASAP. It's the least Arsène deserves.

Last edited:

A_M Iniesta

Wenger i love you , your currently Arsenals managerial goat but since 2004 you did not get us to where we belong (Premier league title) and you played a big part in our decline so mixed feelings on this guy tbh

Godwin1

Very well-known

drippin

Already an interesting tip bit that Cole left us due to a misunderstanding with his agent. This has long been debated on AM. It's a must get for any Arsenal fan.

Psssst: Put these in spoilers. There were some who would like that nothing is shared before reading the book.

Personally I find it interesting that there is even the agent perspective taken into account. While I think that there are so many variables in any football related transaction.

For some the easy answer is that Wenger just failed and blames the agent, which I'm pretty sure it's not how Wenger would do it even in his book. Misunderstandings happen, but I'd like some more information on it than this.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger i love you , your currently Arsenals managerial goat but since 2004 you did not get us to where we belong (Premier league title) and you played a big part in our decline so mixed feelings on this guy tbh
Shouldn’t this be directed at club ownership? Wenger spent less than his rivals, lost all his top players, wasn’t able to sign top players etc, there were summers where we spent less than Sunderland, how is Wenger going to compete for the league with those working conditions?

The biggest mistake Wenger made was sticking with this club when we changed stadium, that held his career back and opened him to the above sort of critique. Thankfully the likes of Wenger are few and far between, someone like Arteta will leave ASAP, once a top club comes in.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Shouldn’t this be directed at club ownership?.
Nope.

Wenger repeated many mistakes, spent quite a bit actually (this is still basically his squad). Dismantled the invincibles a bit too quickly, as not all were mega eager to leave.
Lied often, surrounded himself with questionable people, failed to adapt with modern football- I could be here all day with all the stuff he got wrong tbh.

His class, personality, wit, philosophies and just him in general left a much bigger impression on me rather than the footballing side.
People can say what they like but the decline was as much to do with him as the board - Wenger ran the place. Clear as day now as we’ve been running in circles since he’s left.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

if you download the Audible app someone who has the book can send you it for free

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I am expecting this book to be a "boring account", more philosophical than tabloid type material.

Why, well simply because Wenger is class. A man who remains a gentlemen and would take the dirty laundry to his grave. Remind yourself of the nature of this man, and adjust accordingly.

Personally, I have pre-ordered the audiobook, as well as my physical copy. Looking forward to it.

Yes, he said in The Guardian link I posted that he didnt want it to be a revenge book, so there's no mention of Mourinho. Fergusson does get a mention but I doubt it will be about Pizzagate :lol:

Chaoz_Enigma

Yes, he said in The Guardian link I posted that he didnt want it to be a revenge book, so there's no mention of Mourinho. Fergusson does get a mention but I doubt it will be about Pizzagate :lol:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...into-my-obsession-and-are-immortals-t8hxcg3ql

Beaten at last: the story of pizzagate
I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born of passion.

On 24 October 2004, after all those incredible matches, our first defeat came against Manchester United. It’s a match I will never forget. We lost 2-0 and it felt like a real hold-up job. It was a hard match, with lots of duels, fouls, frayed tempers. We dominated without managing to score. And then, in the 73rd minute, the referee gave a penalty for a foul by Sol Campbell that was undeserved and that changed the whole match.

And from there, everything started drifting, the start of a downward spiral. The players and I felt it was hugely unfair. We did not deserve to lose. After the match, the players were shoving one another, the managers too, Alex Ferguson was in the middle of the mêlée and one player, Cesc Fabregas, threw a slice of pizza that landed on his head. Clearly, our defeat, the very generous penalty, the fights and the pizza meant that the match went down in the history of our stormy relationship with

Manchester United.
But it was a heavy blow for me and the team. We knew that the good times were over, that unique moment, the time without fear had passed, and we knew it would be hard to recapture that state of grace.

We were so disappointed that we could only draw our next two games against sides who would both go on to be relegated. And though we followed that with victory in a crazy north London derby by the odd goal in nine at White Hart Lane, we felt flat and drew or lost far too often. Everyone found it hard to get back on their feet.

It's finally here:

In Wenger: My Life and Lessons in Red and White, world-renowned and revolutionary soccer coach Arsène Wenger finally tells his own story for the very first time.

Wenger opens up about his life, sharing principles for success on and off the field with lessons on leadership, personal development, and management.

This book charts his extraordinary career
, including his rise from obscurity in France and Japan to his 22 years at the helm of Arsenal Football Club.
  • Covers the years of controversy that led up to his resignation in 2018 and his current seat as chief of global football development for FIFA
  • Wenger offers studious reflections on the game and his groundbreaking approach to motivation, mindset, fitness, and the winning edge.
  • He popularized the attacking approach and belief that the game should be entertaining.
Released on October 20, 2020

Oh YEAH!
Been waiting for this all year!

Top Bottom