• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,516
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The concept of agents is not wrong. The club's are massive multi-million/billion pound companies so negotiating a deal for yourself without representation as a player who probably doesn't have anything more than GCSEs is asking to be taken for a ride.

The power and influence they have now it too great though. There must be a way to regulate this. The agent should only get a fee from the player, a percentage of their wages. How much the player determines their services are worth is up to them.
Agents are of two kinds, super agents like Kia or Raiola or family members. In the former case the agents themselves have extensive scouting networks and are aware of the talent pipeline even before the European clubs, and in the latter case its like the player gets some more money for himself, as his family is just an extension of himself.
In both cases there are pros and cons. In case of super agents, you'll know that the player will be always unstable, but they'll definitely be easier to shift if things don't work out, a la Mkhitaryan. In case of family members you've got cases like the Aouar one where the agent wants too much for himself even at the cost of Aouar's career.
Ideally he should've played at a club like Arsenal for 4-5 years and then gone on to Real, Barca, Bayern if he wanted to. A super agent would've got that deal done, because they know that there's more money to be made down the lie and they don't have to kill the golden egg laying hen right now.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Aouar doesn't sound fussed about joining us and I think Arteta wants wholly committed players. I don't fancy a player who has his eye on the exit before he's kicked a ball. We obviously need his skill set so we should widen our net but his brother reminds me of Anelka's brother when Madrid were sniffing around.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Aouar doesn't sound fussed about joining us and I think Arteta wants wholly committed players. I don't fancy a player who has his eye on the exit before he's kicked a ball. We obviously need his skill set so we should widen our net but his brother reminds me of Anelka's brother when Madrid were sniffing around.
Still not sure how good he would have been for us. Easy on the eye but more of a link man than the out and out creator that I would prefer.

Need to find out the exact truth but does seem like he’s holding out for something better. Not super keen on going back in for him if that’s the case.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Still not sure how good he would have been for us. Easy on the eye but more of a link man than the out and out creator that I would prefer.

Need to find out the exact truth but does seem like he’s holding out for something better. Not super keen on going back in for him if that’s the case.
I know what you mean. In my desire for creativity, I sort of put aside his style of play and how he'd get in with us and just cherry picked his good bits. I hope we're actively looking elsewhere.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Aouar is a baller, no doubt about it. However I don't think he would have had even close to the immediate impact that Partey will have. It would have been nice to have signed him but he isn't worth getting bent over for in my opinion.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Was always skeptical of this. My empirical research have shown that players with 4 or more vowels in a 7-letter last name or less have a 26o percent bigger chance to ***** about a move when RM, Barcelona, PSG etc comes knockin.

Join me at my midday seminar for more information on the matter

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Was always skeptical of this. My empirical research have shown that players with 4 or more vowels in a 7-letter last name or less have a 26o percent bigger chance to ***** about a move when RM, Barcelona, PSG etc comes knockin.

Join me at my midday seminar for more information on the matter

Just realised that only the last letter of Aouar is a consonant. No wonder no one can pronounce it. Its more like a noise than a name! :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

I've only seen Aouar maybe 10-15 times in CL and Ligue 1 as they are on BT Sport quite a bit but I've never really been that impressed, I've also heard the hype on him but when I've seen Lyon there are other players who seem to stand out more than he does like Bruno Guimaraes, also was expecting a lot more as Ligue 1 isnt that strong.

Personally, not overly fussed if he doesnt come here.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've only seen Aouar maybe 10-15 times in CL and Ligue 1 as they are on BT Sport quite a bit but I've never really been that impressed, I've also heard the hype on him but when I've seen Lyon there are other players who seem to stand out more than he does like Bruno Guimaraes, also was expecting a lot more as Ligue 1 is that strong.

Like you, I seemed to find the matches when he wasn't the brightest star. The CL was a better watch but I'm a little wary of getting another player who supposedly does so much unseen and intangible work.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I've only seen Aouar maybe 10-15 times in CL and Ligue 1 as they are on BT Sport quite a bit but I've never really been that impressed, I've also heard the hype on him but when I've seen Lyon there are other players who seem to stand out more than he does like Bruno Guimaraes, also was expecting a lot more as Ligue 1 is that strong.

He is young french player. He is so overrated it’s not true. He is basically lesser Samir nasri and people will not like this. A lot of these North African french guys has weak mentality. At Lyon ndombele was better than him and he hasn’t been great on the pl. I think his hype in here comes from the type of player Arsenal fans really love. Young, weak, technician and most importantly POTENTIAL. We seen similar player in him come from France in remy cabella and he didn’t do anything in the league

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah agree. I bought into the hype because beggars can't be choosers when it comes to technically able players but even when I watched him I didn't see that guy that we needed imo.

He's a dribbler and a ball retainer. I think we need a Bruno Fernandes type, someone who's always looking to feed runners and take on some risk, a quick thinker and a great passer with vision. A reinvigorated Özil would be perfect, alas that ship seems to have sailed.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah agree. I bought into the hype because beggars can't be choosers when it comes to technically able players but even when I watched him I didn't see that guy that we needed imo.

He's a dribbler and a ball retainer. I think we need a Bruno Fernandes type, someone who's always looking to feed runners and take on some risk, a quick thinker and a great passer with vision. A reinvigorated Özil would be perfect, alas that ship seems to have sailed.

We are just never quite complete as a team these days, aren't we?

Imagine if we could somehow have Auba and Partey now, but with the Sanchez, Cazorla and Özil of 5 years ago :drool:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

We are just never quite complete as a team these days, aren't we?

Imagine if we could somehow have Auba and Partey now, but with the Sanchez, Cazorla and Özil of 5 years ago :drool:
Would be title challengers but I guess you could apply that to all our rivals.

Is what it is, it's the board and manager's job to have all the pieces at right time then we won't need nostaliga merchants like you!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

From what I've seen and its only that but I wonder if there is better alternatives elsewhere who wont cost a bomb like at Lyon.

Lyon is a club you should only really shop at IF the talent is a guarantee, Aulas is notoriously hard to negotiate with and they also drag transfers out where you may miss other targets or walk away empty handed.

I cant really name alternatives right now but I bet there is players in La Liga, Bundesliga or even the PL who would be better suited and a lot less risk.

daron christie

For me a waste of money at this point...we have 8 CB’s on our books and only one of them ( maybe 2 with Mari ) is up to standard all the rest are either inconsistent or poor...

we need to use that money and buy at least 2 CB,s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom