• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ej630L4WsAIx7i-.jpg

We're running harder than ever which is good. But I hope soft tissue injury doesn't begin to rear it's head.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
and yet people were hailing him as the second coming, he who hath gone to hertha on a free transfer. Proves how low the standard of football understanding has fallen among the bum squad.

Guen said no to multiple teams before that and similarly, many have been denied by us because we didn't budge on his value.

We wanted 30-40m and we have certainly not gone down to less than 25m.

Covid, us decreasing his value significantly by freezing him out, Matteo denying small clubs, ... those were the main issues for all of that. Guy has had a market value between 40-50m and was selected in the top 20 youngster in the world.

It is quite obvious that we decided to not sell his for cheap when we are most likely to fetch double after the covid crises and him having played constantly somewhere else to regain his old worth.

This is not rocket science, nobody would sell for half the value a year early.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
We've been playing really **** football. Yes we've been winning but it doesn't change the fact that we've been playing really **** football. How long until it becomes a problem?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We've been playing really **** football. Yes we've been winning but it doesn't change the fact that we've been playing really **** football. How long until it becomes a problem?
The hope is that Partey strengthens our midfield and lets us move away from this lopsided 'abuse the left side' football. If we can build up from the middle with a ball carrier and adept passer like Partey then maybe we can cause more worry for the opposition.

It will unlock our right winger better and maybe create more chances through the middle, even though we are of course lacking an actual attacking mid. I would like to see Willian as number 10 against the weaker sides. That extra attacker will give us more creativity, as well as Partey playing more like a box to box than Ceballos was previously doing.

There is no excuses now about not being able to control games. Partey, Willian and the prospect of Saka in the midfield has given us a large boost in that regard. I dont want to be seeing a 3 at the back vs poor sides anymore, just invites pressure.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
True, but they got some money, hired a good manager and made some good signings, play a normal football formation and offloaded some surplus players with minimum fuss. Its not really about their results, but just an illustration of what happens when you get a good owner, good board and good manager. Its not rocket science.
Their board were trash until Ancelotti came in. They were absolutely hopeless and Everton fans were losing their ****. They paid £50m for Sigurdsson and expected him to elevate them :rofl: they also took our unwanted players like Iwobi and Walcott for a combined £55m. If we did that kind of stuff you'd be going berzerk, and rightly so for once.

The fact here is that Everton have ambitious owners yes. They have thrown money at the situation and literally bought a new midfield (which is a lot for their size and revenue). We can sit here all day complaining about Kroenke but we still can do a good job under his umbrella. We are going in the right direction with some of the young players we have signed and promoted to the first team.

And good manager you say? What about Arteta? He won us an FA cup with this bunch, put some respect on his name.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Their board were trash until Ancelotti came in. They were absolutely hopeless and Everton fans were losing their ****. They paid £50m for Sigurdsson and expected him to elevate them :rofl: they also took our unwanted players like Iwobi and Walcott for a combined £55m. If we did that kind of stuff you'd be going berzerk, and rightly so for once.

The fact here is that Everton have ambitious owners yes. They have thrown money at the situation and literally bought a new midfield (which is a lot for their size and revenue). We can sit here all day complaining about Kroenke but we still can do a good job under his umbrella. We are going in the right direction with some of the young players we have signed and promoted to the first team.

And good manager you say? What about Arteta? He won us an FA cup with this bunch, put some respect on his name.
you lot will be the first to turn on Arteta and go berserk so give me a break. Try to treat this as a forum and not a rant area.

The point was when owner, board and manager are capable then sensible stuff happens like buying a new midfield and attractive football.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Just like Emery, when the good results stop.

Think Arteta has a lot more credit than he ever did though, former player and FA Cup win, long term transfer target secured under his watch, etc.

I want to see what we look like after this summer before I really judge Arteta.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
you lot will be the first to turn on Arteta and go berserk so give me a break. Try to treat this as a forum and not a rant area.

The point was when owner, board and manager are capable then sensible stuff happens like buying a new midfield and attractive football.
Where are these accusations coming from? Why are you so paranoid.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Just like Emery, when the good results stop.

Think Arteta has a lot more credit than he ever did though, former player and FA Cup win, long term transfer target secured under his watch, etc.

I want to see what we look like after this summer before I really judge Arteta.

I feel more confident in Arteta than I did in Emery but we do make a lot of excuses for Arteta. Right now the narrative is "he's doing the best he can with the limited resources he has" but I'm wondering how long that will last with Partey here now.

If Partey comes in to the first XI and we're still playing this bland, uninspiring Moyesball-lite, if we continue to scrape wins despite the underlying metrics saying we're lucky (just like Emery) are people going to care?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I feel more confident in Arteta than I did in Emery but we do make a lot of excuses for Arteta. Right now the narrative is "he's doing the best he can with the limited resources he has" but I'm wondering how long that will last with Partey here now.

If Partey comes in to the first XI and we're still playing this bland, uninspiring Moyesball-lite, if we continue to scrape wins despite the underlying metrics saying we're lucky (just like Emery) are people going to care?
Mate. We still have auba/laca/nketiah/willock......who are not good on the ball.

Xanth

Although we enjoyed a fair bit of luck during the pre-lockdown run, our only undeserved/jammy wins since the restart have been the ones against Liverpool, Watford, and West Ham. Under Emery, we made a habit of it.

Manberg

Predator

I think we need some more quality to get play sexy football on the ball. Not making excuses for Arteta but before we bought Partey I was saying we need both Partey and Aouar in order to play an attractive 4-3-3. Partey is one part of the puzzle.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Where are these accusations coming from? Why are you so paranoid.
the last 5 years have taught us a lot. The so-called proud gooners turning out to be absolute cancer for the club. Spoilt everyone's enjoyment, screwed up the atmosphere and constantly ensured that the fan base could never unite, by constantly bringing up divisive hateful topics.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
the last 5 years have taught us a lot. The so-called proud gooners turning out to be absolute cancer for the club. Spoilt everyone's enjoyment, screwed up the atmosphere and constantly ensured that the fan base could never unite, by constantly bringing up divisive hateful topics.
None of this makes any sense sorry, you're speaking gibberish.

Some people may think differently about two different topics. Not everyone is what you are talking about if they have a certain view of something.

Kav

Established Member
I think we need some more quality to get play sexy football on the ball. Not making excuses for Arteta but before we bought Partey I was saying we need both Partey and Aouar in order to play an attractive 4-3-3. Partey is one part of the puzzle.

The just shows us how far above Emery and Arteta ,Wenger was. You would never hear anyone say that Arsène needed certain players to play attractive football. Never. The opposite could be labelled at Wenger, his teams were too open or soft down the spine but not ugly, no we didn't play trash football then.

Hey at least we get to say we have more clean sheets now. Sexy!

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
The just shows us how far above Emery and Arteta ,Wenger was. You would never hear anyone say that Arsène needed certain players to play attractive football. Never. The opposite could be labelled at Wenger, his teams were too open or soft down the spine but not ugly, no we didn't play trash football then.

Hey at least we get to say we have more clean sheets now. Sexy!

I love Wenger, but the amount of beautiful football we saw was becoming less and less. It has to be said. I don’t like that fans forced him out. Who knows if he was actually looking for a successor though, it was clear it was nearing time to move on.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Mate, please stop, thank you.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom