• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashybashy86

Are you sure it’s not Arteta’s direction?
It would make sense Luiz would take them if Arteta instructed it since he’s our best long range passer at the back.
Could be, but I hope not. Can't imagine that's how Arteta wants us to play, but then you'd assume he'd have had a word with him about it.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ainsley can pocket Sterling just need Luiz to not drop the ball and Xhaka to not play

GoonerBoy19

Damn every game in PL is so tough this year. City is wounded after a loss and draw, 2 weeks break came at a perfect time for them to regroup. We on other hand should take the chance of playing them now when they are on low confidence. Would love a 1-0 to Arsenal.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
need Luiz to not play , he has way too many brain farts. Lucky he didn’t get a red against SU

Luiz was our best player against City in the Fa Cup and a key reason for our title.
Except for that City game after the long break where he was not meant to play, he's hardly been particularly bad in a game under Arteta.

Our defense has not been the issue for most parts anymore anyways.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Damn every game in PL is so tough this year. City is wounded after a loss and draw, 2 weeks break came at a perfect time for them to regroup. We on other hand should take the chance of playing them now when they are on low confidence. Would love a 1-0 to Arsenal.
If they're having a chance to regroup, they're unlikely to be low on confidence when we play them.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't know what it is exactly, but just the way Henry hit the ball made any goal look so cool...

...for those interested (zero of you, I know, but I feel I need to pad this post out a bit) the message on Thierry's shirt was to the lead singer of the band Texas, congratulating her on the birth of her child.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I really hope that Arteta has spent this international break drilling into our players how he wants to play with a back four. Almost our entire defense and attack did not go away on international duty, so this could be a strange bonus going into this match.

Bellerin, Cedric, Holding, Mustafi, Luiz, Gabriel, Chambers, and Mari stayed home. Up front we had Auba, Laca, and Willian stay at home too. They all should feel pretty comfortable playing in this formation by the Man City match.

Hopefully, Xhaka, Partey, and Ceballos have already gotten detailed tactical instructions and we can spend the week preparing them.

I can see us attacking City and trying to dominate possession. The fact that they don't have any CFs gives us a good chance at dominating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom