• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,534
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
So according to France Football, the closest the player came to leaving was for Juventus just before the window closed, deal fell through in the end. Arsenal made one bid, which was way off the asking price and never came back in, cutting off all contact weeks before the window closed.

Do we bash Edu? I mean if he hasn’t got the money, what can he do? He would’ve made a bigger bid had the money been sitting there, you would think.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
So according to France Football, the closest the player came to leaving was for Juventus just before the window closed, deal fell through in the end. Arsenal made one bid, which was way off the asking price and never came back in, cutting off all contact weeks before the window closed.

Do we bash Edu? I mean if he hasn’t got the money, what can he do? He would’ve made a bigger bid had the money been sitting there, you would think.

Or if we wanted him more...

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Or maybe we dont just believe everything we read especially from France football.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Or maybe he played with a bunch of monsters who were fast and strong or fast and skillful and decided that he is going to build a plan that encompasses those players.

Maybe, just maybe, Aouar didn't fit into the right category and maybe we are looking for more devastation.
We made at least one bid and going by reports, Arteta is a huge fan of the player. We got priced out and the player is betting on himself to join a bigger club next summer. That’s all there is to it

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Taking all these after the fact accounts with a massive pinch of salt.

Anyone can feed some BS to these places like 'France Football' could be us, could be Aouar, could be Aulas

Whoever it is its the version of events that they want out there

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Or maybe he played with a bunch of monsters who were fast and strong or fast and skillful and decided that he is going to build a plan that encompasses those players.

Maybe, just maybe, Aouar didn't fit into the right category and maybe we are looking for more devastation.
even so, we should not pass up an opportunity to sing a potential world class talent who can fetch a huge profit.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Anyone who doesn't think we really wanted him are stupid. He's a creative central mid which is who we wanted. He was far too overpriced in the end hence why the deal didn't happen. Straight facts, nothing more nothing less.

Maybe they should go for him in January even if he plays the full season at Lyon or just sign Benrahma. All I know is CM needs a little bit of spark and we must address it if we are to improve as a team.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Szoboszlai fits that description. He's physically much better than Aouar.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

We made at least one bid and going by reports, Arteta is a huge fan of the player. We got priced out and the player is betting on himself to join a bigger club next summer. That’s all there is to it

Pretty much this. Until we are back in champo our big club status is definitely diminished

Let's play Aubamawang

In my opinion, Auoar has question marks over his mentality. Sure he likes the bright lights and TV cameras in the CL, perhaps because they were underdogs they played with more freedom. But his stats don't suggest he's lit up Ligue 1, despite the lack of quality elsewhere (other than PSG ofc).

Szoboszlai turns up consistently in league matches and when the world is watching him. Auoar might enjoy the bright lights of the Emirates, but I can't see him fancying it on a cold night at Bramall Lane or a hostile atmosphere at Anfield. But I can see Szoboszlai relishing the challenge, rather than shrinking into the background.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm not sure i want this guy now. His head has been turned by Madrid and I'm not sure his style is enough or right for us. He's too off the ball imo and we need someone who gets on it and puts themselves about (playfully) in the middle of the park. Aouar will be okay if we upgrade other areS but on hi own, I. Just not sure. We might have dodged a bullet here.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Since Juve pretty much had signed him for all but the last minute and they are said to come back for him, I don't see us getting him anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom