• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hypothetical Of The Week: What would your "Project Big Picture" proposal look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
In light of the recent Project Big Picture outrage, how would you restructure English football?

Makavelii

I’d do something similar to the current proposition but with a few key changes specified below. Revisions are in bold.
  • £250 million immediately to Arsenal FC to compensate its club for lost matchday revenue and for missing out on Aouar, deducted from future television revenue earnings and financed by a loan taken out by the Premier League
  • Special status for the Arsenal – and the vote of only Arsenal required to make major changes, including amending rules and regulations, agreeing contracts, removal of the chief executive, and a wide-ranging veto including on club ownership
  • Premier League to go to 18 clubs from 20, changing back to 20 if Arsenal is at relegation risk
  • £100 million one-off gift to the Arsenal to cover its coronavirus losses, the non-league game, the women’s game, the grassroots and transfer fees for Daka and Szoboszlai
  • 8.5 per cent of annual net Premier League revenue to go on operating costs and “good causes” including Arsenal FC transfer budget
  • From the remainder, 25 per cent of all combined Premier League and Football League revenues to go to Arsenals transfer budget
  • Six per cent of Premier League gross revenues to pay for the Emirates stadium improvements, calculated at £100 per seat
  • New rules for the distribution of Premier League television income, overseas and domestic, including proposals that base one portion on Arsenal transfer budget requirements
  • The automatic awarding of the League Cup and the Community Shield to rightful owners Arsenal FC
  • Two sides automatically relegated from the Premier League every season and the top two Championship teams promoted. The 16th place Premier League club in a play-off tournament with the Championship’s third, fourth and fifth placed teams.
  • Financial fair play regulations in line with Uefa which actually apply to Manchester city, and full access for Premier League executive to club accounts
  • Later Premier League start in August to give Arteta greater scope for pre-season friendlies, and requirement for all clubs to compete once every five years in a summer Premier League tournament at the Emirates
  • Huge changes to loan system allowing Arsenal to have 15 players out on loan domestically at any one time and up to four at a single club in England

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Off the top of my head, the only suggestion I only really liked the league cup being scrapped.

Thought it was just greedy and opportunist of whoever dreamt it up. Would have to review it again to see what else I would do.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
  • Keep the £250m to give to the lower leagues
  • Introduce an 8:1 ratio in salary between highest paid and lowest paid player in any squad
  • Remove European Qualifying teams from the League Cup
  • Ban betting advertising and sponsors within football

Reactions: Kav

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

But then all the best players would go to other leagues where they can get paid more.

I like this idea! Better than scrapping it altogether. Good compromise.

The PL already is miles ahead on wages. Outside PSG/Barca/Juve/Real etc PL teams beat the rest. Wouldn't affect anything I don't think. But might keep a lid on the top end and stop Özil/Alexis etc situations

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Do what they said but keep the voting as is, the thing is they could bin sky and bt with PL channel of their own and make more cash.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I would keep the 5 substitutes rule. I don't know why they scrapped it, this season there will be more football crammed into less time which will eventually lead to more injuries. However, I understand the fear of the top teams having deeper squads can cause uneasiness with smaller teams. Therefore, every team has their usual 3 substitutes but the final 2 must be academy players. That will help lessen the gap in quality imo.

Kav

Established Member
  • Give each team 4 subs per game.
  • Get rid of the drop ball from the game. Return possession to the team who last touched it at the exact spot they had it.
  • The EFL cup should only have EFL teams, no PL teams. Otherwise scrap it.
  • Give the EFL 15% of broadcast earnings each year. This should help them stay afloat.
  • With Brexit there is bound to be some serious issues on the horizon with player transfer and work permits so that should be addressed.
  • Fifa has already brought some changes into play with the loan system so any changes made have to be within the scope of their mandate.

Makavelii

The PL already is miles ahead on wages. Outside PSG/Barca/Juve/Real etc PL teams beat the rest. Wouldn't affect anything I don't think. But might keep a lid on the top end and stop Özil/Alexis etc situations
Then Alexis and Özil will stay in la liga.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Then Alexis and Özil will stay in la liga.

Both of them were on roughly £120k per week first contract. Under this rule all that would mean is your minimum salary would need to be £15k. So both could have come to us with no change to our wages.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Off the top of my head, the only suggestion I only really liked the league cup being scrapped.

Thought it was just greedy and opportunist of whoever dreamt it up. Would have to review it again to see what else I would do.

To be fair the League Cup started in 1960 when the football World was drastically different. It was a good competition in my youth, maybe up until 20 years ago. The football World has changed drastically though, the calendar wasn't stuffed with meaningless International friendlies, 15-20 games to go deep in a European competitions etc.

Personally I would drop all the International dross before scrapping the League Cup which is a decent opportunity for younger and fringe players to get some first team minutes. Ain't going to happen though, FIFA seem intent on boring us to death with as many crappy Internationals as possible.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Bring Celtic and Rangers into league 2. Have the league Cup for non Pl teams and still have it as a route into Europe.

Keep everything else as it is.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I'd bin Spuds and install Wenger as head of PGMOL with Riley's new role being to polish his boots outfitted in a gimp suit.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Reduce the PL to 18 clubs from 2024-2025.
A short winter break- longer in a WC year.
Foreign refs.
Rugby style VAR-will stop a biased or cowardly ref if they have to explain themselves quite publicly.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
An extra 'joker' team to be invited though a random draw.

If the PL teams lose to the joker, it loses 3 points.
If the PL teams win, they get no points, but the players get their stats updated accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom