• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Last season:

With Xhaka starting (min 45 minutes)
Played: 29
Won: 13
Drawn: 12
Lost: 4

Goals per game: 1.7
Goals against per game: 1.1

Points per game: 1.8
Win rate: 44.8%
Loss rate: 13.8%

Without Xhaka starting
Played: 9
Won: 1
Drawn: 2
Lost: 6

Goals per game: 0.8
Goals against per game: 1.9

Points per game: 0.6
Win rate: 11.1%
Lost rate: 66.7%

… So we won 1. There's always that 1.

Also, blaming Xhaka for the team not finishing top 4 is what a person who lacks football knowledge and maturity will do. He's won 2 FA Cups and 2 community shields in 4 years at Arsenal by the way. Also a Europa league and EFL cup finalist. That's not so bad.
Says we can't win without him yet opposes when the same logic is applied on the opposite side
Ever heard of what logical fallacy is? For a guy who brought up grades once you really need to read some stuff before talking

Manberg

Predator
Says we can't win without him yet opposes when the same logic is applied on the opposite side
Ever heard of what logical fallacy is? For a guy who brought up grades once you really need to read some stuff before talking

:lol: What're you on about?

13 wins with him is a far bigger number than 1 win without him.

Basic maths.

Ash10

:lol: What're you on about?

13 wins with him is a far bigger number than 1 win without him.

Basic maths.
Outside of top 4 every season

It’s not even math & like I said learn how a logical argument works before you come up with the 'blaming one man' bs while crediting one man for wins

Manberg

Predator
Outside of top 4 every season

It’s not even math & like I said learn how a logical argument works before you come up with the 'blaming one man' bs while crediting one man for wins

:lol:

There is nothing logical about blaming a lack of a top 4 team achievement on one player. There is no statistic that backs your argument. In fact, if anything we'd probably have done worse without him.

Go look up the meaning of the word logic, kid.

Ash10

:lol:

There is nothing logical about blaming a lack of a top 4 team achievement on one player. There is no statistic that backs your argument. In fact, if anything we'd probably have done worse without him.

Go look up the meaning of the word logic, kid.
Yeah just like how I had to look up what strawman meant right? Or how I got schooled for bringing up Thiago's transfer value against the bid made by Hertha Berlin for Xhaka?:lol:

Like I said before, just read stuff before making a fool of yourself constantly or being a banter merchant

tcahill

Banter. The 18/19 season was a horrible season. How many times did we get out shot by inferior opposition? We barely had control over games unless Emery made substitutions. And let's not forget how the great Xhaka went missing in our Europa Final. The best in league? Really? Fernandinho, Gundogan, Fabinho, Henderson, Sissoko were all better and more consistent than Xhaka.
You're blaming Emerys decision to push Torreria up was because he knew his passing wasn't progressive enough and that Xhaka alone wasn't as progressive as he thought, hence, why he brought in Guendouzi to help the team's progression.

Not so sure about best in the league but he's right that Xhaka/Torreira had a pretty decent partnership in the middle.

Manberg

Predator
Yeah just like how I had to look up what strawman meant right? Or how I got schooled for bringing up Thiago's transfer value against the bid made by Hertha Berlin for Xhaka?:lol:

Like I said before, just read stuff before making a fool of yourself constantly or being a banter merchant

I will do it for you.

plural noun: logics
the systematic use of symbolic and mathematical techniques to determine the forms of valid deductive argument.

Ash10

I will do it for you.

plural noun: logics
the systematic use of symbolic and mathematical techniques to determine the forms of valid deductive argument.
Now read that 10 times before going to sleep every night. Might help you somewhat

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Was a good performance against Germany in that 3-3 result. It seems he had most passes (56) in his team, pass accuracy of 96.4%, 6 accurate long balls and 1 key pass. 2 dribbles also like Shaqiri.

drippin

Not sure Edu is a fan fwiw. It’ll be very interesting to see how this plays out over the season.

What are you suggesting in "over the season"? Partey will likely play the most after adjusting, while others will rotate more.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What are you suggesting in "over the season"? Partey will likely play the most after adjusting, while others will rotate more.
Yeah, that too! I’ve got a feeling we’re looking at a different shape though judging by some comments from both Edu and Mikel. It’s alright mate, it will be painless ;)

drippin

Yeah, that too! I’ve got a feeling we’re looking at a different shape though judging by some comments from both Edu and Mikel. It’s alright mate, it will be painless ;)

Oh, the mysteries! Why can't you just say what you mean? :lol:

If you mean 4-3-3 or something, then we surely play Xhaka a lot looking at our midfielders.

4-2-3-1 might have Saka, Willian etc. playing more, but still in both we'd rotate Xhaka with Ceballos (who is a loanee).

One point is that in defending Arteta might still want a third "CB", and Xhaka, Elneny & Partey can do that role.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Camivinga. The kid can do everything, left footed and a Gooner. I would happily spend big money on him. He could learn a lot from Partey, Arteta and Cellabos if we keep him.
Wouldn't mind dropping the entire budget on him one year but I think he's out of our reach already

drippin

Scenes if Xhaka still plays regularly. Think he will make some people Arteta out.:lol:

They keep strongly dreaming & believing, beautiful feature. Wouldn't surprise that Arteta out thing then, if some think Elneny is superior player to our Switzerland captain.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Oh, the mysteries! Why can't you just say what you mean? :lol:

If you mean 4-3-3 or something, then we surely play Xhaka a lot looking at our midfielders.

4-2-3-1 might have Saka, Willian etc. playing more, but still in both we'd rotate Xhaka with Ceballos (who is a loanee).

One point is that in defending Arteta might still want a third "CB", and Xhaka, Elneny & Partey can do that role.
I can’t say I know exactly what management have cooking, but he was very cagey when Mikel was asked how Partey will impact the midfield. He said it gives us options to play different shapes. Now I can’t see us going in to, say, four different matches with four different shaped midfields; you pick your best team and best formation most of the time. We’ll see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom