• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'd like to see Laca, Xhaka, Mustafi, Chambers, Sokratis & Kola sold in Jan. The latter 2 we can give away if need be.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
As a half Hungarian I'm all on the Szsoboslai train however not sure if the interest is legit, he was there to be got this summer, AC Milan were signing him but pulled the plug when the management scenario got weird.

If we really wanted him I think it would have been done but hopefully I'm wrong, also somewhat surprised he is still at Salzburg in general, maybe clubs are waiting to see how he performs in the CL.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As a half Hungarian I'm all on the Szsoboslai train however not sure if the interest is legit, he was there to be got this summer, AC Milan were signing him but pulled the plug when the management scenario got weird.

If we really wanted him I think it would have been done but hopefully I'm wrong, also somewhat surprised he is still at Salzburg in general, maybe clubs are waiting to see how he performs in the CL.
i think he said he wanted to stay at Salzburg 1 more year after the Milan deal collapsed

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Calling all retired Brazilians!

Please form an orderly line in front of Edu's office....

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
i read today Bild said that Leipzig are very close to sign him in January.

Makes sense, Leipzig are part of the reason I have doubts we will sign him, the summer just gone seemed to have been the one where he was available and at a decent price, now the two Red Bull teams will discuss which players will go from Salzburg to Leipzig, I imagine Szsoboslai will be one.

If Salzburg sell to Leipzig he will then be in a bigger shop window and if he performs his value will probably double, works for RB.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Quite a lot actually imo. Think stats should be what reinforces your opinion. Not what forms it.
What if you form the opinion with stats then watch the player/team to reinforce that? Does the order matter?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is Gabriel a retired Brazilian? Interesting.
he wasn't brought by Edu, though. We had been scouting him for a long time.

Former head of recruitment Francis Cagigao, senior scout Brian McDermott and Ty Gooden, who headed up Arsenal’s scouting operations in France, were all key to ensuring that Gabriel was the centre-back that Raul Sanllehi, who has now also left the club, and Edu focused their attention on.

There were others that Arsenal looked at, including Axel Disasi, who eventually joined Monaco from Reims, and free agent Malang Sarr, but Gabriel was the name at the top of the scouts' list that was submitted to the hierarchy when they were putting their plans together for the summer window, just as William Saliba had been the previous year.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
he wasn't brought by Edu, though. We had been scouting him for a long time.

Former head of recruitment Francis Cagigao, senior scout Brian McDermott and Ty Gooden, who headed up Arsenal’s scouting operations in France, were all key to ensuring that Gabriel was the centre-back that Raul Sanllehi, who has now also left the club, and Edu focused their attention on.

There were others that Arsenal looked at, including Axel Disasi, who eventually joined Monaco from Reims, and free agent Malang Sarr, but Gabriel was the name at the top of the scouts' list that was submitted to the hierarchy when they were putting their plans together for the summer window, just as William Saliba had been the previous year.

Lol. Was Cagigao the one negotiating with Lille and seeing it through while being jobless? Bro some of you will find a fault in everything the club does.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lol. Was Cagigao the one negotiating with Lille and seeing it through while being jobless? Bro some of you will find a fault in everything the club does.
I have my doubts about Edu and the scraping of scouts but saying Edu didnt buy well this summer is a farce.
Sporting directors need to be judged on what they have done long term (3-5 years) and its just too early to make an judgement on Edu

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I have my doubts about Edu and the scraping of scouts but saying Edu didnt buy well this summer is a farce.
Sporting directors need to be judged on what they have done long term (3-5 years) and its just too early to make an judgement on Edu

True..under the circumstances this summer has been pretty solid and I will give Edu full marks for delivering 2 players (Gabriel and Partey) who will transform this squad. Also, Willian for me is a decent signing and we will get to know by the end of the season how worthy he has been.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Who was it that said Auba signing up isn't a factor in attracting players to the club? Partey saying that's one of the reasons why he joined. Who's bottom of the barrel here.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Knowing the way Ashley operates this new deal probably has a release clause in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom