• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

There are only 2/3 people in this thread who seem to hate Özil for some reason. They’re going to hide behind this post and say ‘yeah same man’ but they know who they are.
I'm sad the laughing emojis are broken, cause this is funny.

Paddy from Sweden

Just for context, a lot of us get tarred as Özil haters.

Ozils remains my favourite signing of all time. I adored him as a player. I loved the flair and thought him the ideal Arsenal and Wenger signing. He was in a lot of ways. I'd defend him over any criticism that came his way for the majority of his career here.

About 18 months to 2 years ago I realised that I wasn't defending him for the current performances he was putting in anymore, I was defending him out of adoration for his style of play, and what he used to be as a player and my stubbornness.

People can call me an Özil hater or whatever, I don't think it's true. I just took the blinkers off and started judging his performances how they were rather than how I wanted them to be, or how they were in the past.
Spot on!

lol Özil never contribute in build up? he was only there for the final pass?

Not sure if you were trolling or what, Özil pass completion stats said otherwise.

https://arseblog.news/2020/02/the-7amkickoff-index-mesut-ozils-stats-a-deep-dive/

Despite of his decline, Özil is still one of the few in our squad who can bring the ball forward.

I dont understand the hate train, but please stop spouting nonsense like he is the worst footballer playing for us unless you can prove it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Ozils remains my favourite signing of all time. I adored him as a player. I loved the flair and thought him the ideal Arsenal and Wenger signing. He was in a lot of ways. I'd defend him over any criticism that came his way for the majority of his career here.

About 18 months to 2 years ago I realised that I wasn't defending him for the current performances he was putting in anymore, I was defending him out of adoration for his style of play, and what he used to be as a player and my stubbornness.

People can call me an Özil hater or whatever, I don't think it's true. I just took the blinkers off and started judging his performances how they were rather than how I wanted them to be, or how they were in the past.
#Metoo

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@Trilly what's your vested interest in criticism against Özil?
Let those who bumlick him do so in peace. Let those who criticize him do so in peace. :lol:

You're usually very calm and collected. Never seen you so rattled, not even in the Laca thread. :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I take my hat off to you! That’s how you are supposed to look at it objectively. Then you have people in here that would like to rewrite history as far back as his Werder Bremen days. Perhaps it’s still the pain from ruining England at the 2010 World Cup, idk.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Not sure if you were trolling or what, Özil pass completion stats said otherwise.

https://arseblog.news/2020/02/the-7amkickoff-index-mesut-ozils-stats-a-deep-dive/

Despite of his decline, Özil is still one of the few in our squad who can bring the ball forward.

I dont understand the hate train, but please stop spouting nonsense like he is the worst footballer playing for us unless you can prove it.
Did you even watch the video you have posted?

He would always make a forward pass, then the ball is not around him anymore. Everytime he releases the ball, the ball is no longer under his play. If the forward options are not available, he would just make a short simple pass to another player, to let that player to create the play.

If you look at all other attacking midfielders, they make combination play in the midfield, they passes the ball around, making one-twos all the time. Always being near the ball. They want to control the ball as much as they can. Dribbling past players, then release the ball, then receive the ball back. Özil would make a forward pass and then say: alright, here you go, you make the play.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Please watch 16:06-16:12

Why is he making that pass? That passing option is so wrong (I know you would praise him, because it’s a “forward pass“. I wouldn’t, that is a terrible passing option). Ramsey is next to him, Sagna is next to him.

He should have made a short pass to Ramsey, run into the space in front of him, receive the ball back. And look for another combination play again (maybe with a few skill moves in between). That’s what I called involving in the build up. Not passing the ball forward and “leave” the play.

The thinking behind Özil is to play forward pass quickly, which is alright in counter attack. But if we want to play possession football, he should have done what I have mentioned. Most other attacking midfielders would have passes the ball around, because they wanted the ball as much as possible.

I’m sick of seeing Özil keep making these kind of “forward pass”, and hope one of them will end up well. You fans would praise him if one of these worked out, but in fact it is a complete waste of possession, which leads to drastic decrease of chances that our team could have possibly created.

By the way, we were overloading on the right midfield area. Özil didn’t utilise the numerical advantage. Despite having numbers around him, he chose to make a “forward pass” to a marked player. If we lost the ball there (very likely as the overload is on the right midfield not the right forward area), the opponent can switch play to another side. And we are underloaded there.

I don’t understand why you would keep seeing passes like this, but not able to realise how shxt he is in the build up. If it is another player making the same pass, you would have jumped right into the pitch and beaten him up.

@Trilly

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No matter how much people write that they don't hate Özil they will get branded as haters cause they have a different view of him now as opposed to some years ago.
I said only 2/3 people and I also said they know who they are.

I said 2-3 because I wasn't sure about the third but he outed himself on the last page. Does't take a genius to figure out who the first two are (see poll). One of them has outright admitted that he doesn't like the guy as a human being, but it's lost somewhere in the hundreds of pages of discussion on Özil. :lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

No matter how much people write that they don't hate Özil they will get branded as haters cause they have a different view of him now as opposed to some years ago.
Think it is the same dynamic as with the Never Trumpers and the Never Never Trumpers.

I think it is totally fine to change opinion on things and people when the circumstances change and you know more. I used to count Özil as one of our few world class players. Now I don’t anymore because he isn’t. Don’t find that strange or incorrect. The internets is indeed a strange place...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
One of them has outright admitted that he doesn't like the guy as a human being, but it's lost somewhere in the hundreds of pages of discussion on Özil. :lol:
I thought you lot were well up to speed with the search function with all the counting posts and **** you do? :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom